Do you hate monks?

Such a pity

• The Inna set change is not good. Playstyle is absolutely no fun at all!
  • You ripped one of my most loved builds: Inna WoL (yes it is different to LoN / LoD and swk variant)
  • Why don’t you read and accept feedback given oh so often?

Still:

• LtK is way too weak
  • Gen has so many glitches
  • Uliana still needs more dmg and more toughness
  • WoL needs some love

Comparison of all monk builds can be found here:

5 Likes

I “like” how they thought it plays similar to other builds so they made another TR buid and gave the dmg to pets. Like wtf? I don’t realy mind haveing a pet dmg build, but striping every dmg from the character is stupid. Also the DR buff is constantly up and down it’s so clunky and no fun at all.

When i read the patch notes i instantly got Rathma rework wibes. But it was the opposit there. Where is diversity in createing another set that relies on land of the dead and haveing no pet dmg at all? Same here, your best option is to use TR whit WKL because of the synergies, again. And your character is defensless because it relies fully on MAs dmg and the DR buff they give if/when you manage to have all 10 of them summoned. At first glance it seemed a good build, but after testing… man it’s bad.

1 Like

Not to mention that when you pop the mystic Ally skill with fire allies, they split and detonate and then respawn at 2 allies after 5 seconds and then you have to build back up to the full amount of 10. So you have 10% damage reduction instead of the full 50%.

5 Likes

Is there a good ptr build using Inna Reach 2 hander?
Coz I not interested in creating another 3rd Tempest Rush build using Inna.
with Inna reach being viable we could use 2 Crimson Items.

Ty Atomfurz for your Monk contributions.

1 Like

uliana’s problems go beyond tuning, it shares a logarithmic decrease in efficiency with any other set that relies on “one-shot” mechanics (like jade harvester, new rathmas, old LoN-FoK, raekors boulder) where the moment you have to cast seven sided strike twice to kill an enemy pack, the amount of time it takes this set to clear just doubled.

1 Like

Because noone likes to be told how to do their job, especially when they do it so badly so often.

This is how they spite us. By further driving their own game into the ground by ruining players’ favorite builds.

Yep, made even worse when SSS fails to actually hit a Palmed monster, which forces you to use that Lion claw that doubles the SSS strikes, sacrificing survivability from the Claw that adds damage reduction to Dashing Strike.

1 Like

It’s not that they hate monks, it’s just that monks and wizards are so broken they are unfixable. Deathwish is literally carrying keeping Wizards even relevant. And there’s just no easy way out of that hole.

Monks are the same way. Had the same primary class designer, too. Draw your own conclusions.

1 Like

Perhaps Uliana and Inna should synergize better to allow a viable I6U4 build? Uliana has to change in that case too though.

Yes that is why i wrote the DR buff is constantly up and down.

1 Like

Worst mechanic ever

I used it on ptr, you can watch my 115 clear with innas. Had tr up and running. And btw: 120 was not possible with that build but I had not that much time. But its ~15 lvl below swk tr with this build. maybe there are others

I like that monk! Well everyone is invited to also giving feedback :slight_smile:

You are right - partially. But compare uliana with classical WoL. WoL dmg is absolutely linear, that means there is no possibility to get a huge amount of dmg with enemys increasing (except AD). For uliana it is a hughe difference if you have one pack with lots of trash or if you have 7 packs with lots of trash. Once I had my SSS blowing, I had to push esc, waiting a few secs to have menu up, waiting for the lag and 3 packs were gone. It is one of the most fun builds in the game - but I also would say you are right, it has some uncool features (laking single target dmg) - but tbh: the build is not made to do 2 times sss on the same amount of monsters, you do one and then gather more monsters.

noone should use lion claw for pushing uliana. Shenlongs fists deal much more dmg.

Thats only for bad employees, I always like good feedback, although it means I might do things not perfectly but hey, we all learn from time to time.

Thanks for that inside - had not known. But sorc has much more dmg scaling features than monks have. Some of sorcs features I like.

Don’t like that build. I loved Inna WoL - but not everyone likes it.

The devs seem to have a hard-on for clunky mechanics that lack fluidity.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell, Don Vu still divides his time between D3 and D4, and is responsible for Wizard, Monk and (now) Crusader development.

We thought it was know-nothing summer intern. But it’s the same guy who’s done D3 all along since the first failed game. Draw your own conclusion :wink:

This is very common in our society. Very few people can handle any kind of criticism. This
can be something as small as how to best play a build or something as large as how to make the majority of D3 players happy. At least enough to keep playing. We all know
no matter what they do in the future someone will not be happy. Our society tends to see all of the bad and very little of the good.

It can be a very simple test. Respond to a question in game about how to play a build better and no matter your level of knowledge you will get flamed. I of all people know how to WWrend barb better then most but still get told Im trash and have no ground to stand on. It even happens on this forum. The few that have listened are top rank barbs just like me. The rest are still finding 125+ in season hard. You think this is any different in the blizzard office? How many hours do you think they collectively have played Inna monk? Let alone D3 in general. A lot less then we would guess I guarantee that. So when they make these changes it is not a surprise that they are garbage.

1 Like

Monk is always the most hated class, just look at the legendary pools for Monk, include tons of useless Spirit Stone, Daibo, Claws (like Logan’s claw), etc.

Anyway, just giving my honest opinion on the recent changes to Inna’s

1. It's a clunky gameplay, because:

• Fire Ally de-spawn themselves after they Kamikaze (active skill) and Ally are back to 2 ally count = Less Damage Dealt & Less Damage Reduction
  • Ally wanders around and not attacking your cyclon-ed targets = render you powerless and becoming a meat shield
  • Ally can be blocked by Waller
  • Ally passive dmg is 130% Weapon damage per swing = literally, it’s zero damage; the main damage is from its active skills but with high CD of 30 seconds
  • Dmg Reduction buff is constantly up and down due to dynamic scaling off Ally count…

2. The set is seriously underpowered in terms of its mechanics + synergy

• BotLG is forcing players to play fire build, which is ridiculous. Blizz should make it an universal synergy and let other Mystic Ally shines, e.g. Water Ally (very good for mapping)
  • The power multiplier is simply too underwhelming, if you compare with other Monk sets (except Raiment, because R6 is just trash)
  • Rabid Strike, the only legendary viable for Inna is dead
  • There’s no other weapons to synergize with Inna’s
  • (Note: Due to Ethereal, I’m not using a Inna’s Daibo)

Just for your reference, I did a small experimental GR push and Inna's performance is no way near POJ, SWK or Uliana:

1. POJ Tempest Rush - GR 120
  2. SWK Tempest Rush - GR 115
  3. U6 - GR 107
  4. Inna - GR 107 (barely)
  5. Raiment - GR Error 404

Hope Blizzard can look into revamping Inna + Raiment (Sweeping wind build, or something)

4 Likes

I like your posting since it is describing inna as it is right now: crap. Good summary, short and simple

Why is swk weaker than poj on your monk? Which paragon lvl do you have?
My best with the sets is

1. swk tr 135
  2. uliana 130
  3. inna wol 124
  4. poj 120 (but i dont play/ like it, its in ~7 mins)
  5. rainment 115 (hard to play)
  6. lod ltk ?

New innas is 115 done easy, 120 barely not, so way underpowered and machanics is oh so bad.

Greatly said.

Agreed but Earth Ally is not “that” far behind fire and in actual gameplay may be the better (assuming that they fix Mystic Ally to scale with pet multipliers across all runes since only Water Ally is properly getting buffed). Earth Ally does 4500% damage while active and Crudest Boots makes the 8 second activation last longer (I saw somewhere that it is upwards of 30 seconds active). Fire Ally is 1920% damage once (gets the extra 5x from BotLG plus the extra split allies). So Fire Ally does huge damage once and respawn after 5 seconds and then have to rebuild to 10 allies. Earth does about 1/2 the damage of Fire Allies, but are literally ALWAYS attacking at the full power and once you get to 10 allies, it isn’t hard to maintain 10.

He’s working on D4 as well? And I’d imagine on the same/analogous classes? If true, this makes me lose hope for D4, lol.

According to his linkedIn profile, yes. I feel the same way. I don’t have much confidence in his Diablo ability, though he has long, long experience in gaming and who knows what changes he has or hasn’t been responsible for.

It's been said he's my own personal boogeyman :P
1 Like

Hey Atomfurz,

For GR Experimental Push:

1. I’m not using 3 or 4K+ paragon for GR push :slight_smile:
  2. I’m in Season with paragon <800 for all sets (that is the average players can achieve)

Addon, here is my gem setup

• Stricken - 100
  • Bane - 25
  • Gogok - 25

For other builds:

I don’t do LOD builds since the ptr patch focuses on Inna’s / Set.

1. Nevertheless, LOD WOL + Eth is very good.
  2. LOD LTK is fun but it’s too weak vs TR / WOL, in terms of damage & damage reduction.

Just my opinion on SWK vs POJ:

SWK TR is good dmg but the defense + survivability is no way near POJ TR, because:

1. SWK TR mandatory weapon is Vengeful Wind
  2. SWK need the amulet to complete the set vs POJ

#1: With POJ, I swap out VW with other weapons, like echoing fury or Ethereal (with Flying Dragon, etc.) to give me more damage

#2: With POJ, I can put in either Hellfire Amulet / something else to give me +buff

This season is great for POJ TR because Ethereals.

2 Likes