Streamer: "Small Nerf"

Any nerf is asinine when classes are strictly compared to the same class, but 10 years in or w/e the hell it is here we are.

Hopefully this analogy helps explain it a bit.

Say you’re in school and it’s test day. Everyone get’s a different test.

Wizards: The 10 oldest kids get the easiest test, they all get an A+.

Necro/DH/WD/Sader: The 10 shortest kids get a medium level test. They all get B’s.

Barb/Monk: The last 10 kids are picked at random and get an extremely hard test. They all fail.

How would that make you feel if you were in the barb category getting a very hard test?

You’re all in the same grade and in the same class, but it’s your grade. You only compete against yourself. You’re grade doesn’t affect another childs chance to get into college and vice versa. Is it fair?

6 Likes

Meaningless means you shouldn;t care.

I had a feeling you would nit-pick at minute details of the story I just put together and not look at the overall meaning. Oh well.

Edit: I took out the last part about meaningless reasons. Can you answer again? Take some time to actually think about it as well, please.

3 Likes

Hope your tweet is just a example of 2.6.6 drops that were occurring in the PC/Mac 2.6.7 PTR that I encountered and a few others. Yeah that happened on rare occasions. Whether it was fixed for the console PTR who knows it could have still been present. Just weird to buy chests or get drops in a PTR not of the 2.6.7 season. Blizzard likely took care of it, but who knows. :grinning:

You can see the bug topic here.

Blizzard responded. Previous PTR’s I don’t remember that fault. Not at all saying Blizzard didn’t nerf it back to original, just a chance of bug being still present.

In the other thread I said 4-5 GR nerf would be enough.

Top theory-crafter SVR said that belt change results in 3.5-4 GR nerf.

Time Stamp 02:04:00

Now go ahead and call him troll also. I mean, he is wizard main.

4 Likes

Ohh wow you convinced me, a guy at blizzcon sitting on couch telling us out of the blue that this is only a “small nerf”, dang. So i can now finally go to sleep knowing this is only a small nerf. Puuuhhhh.

6 Likes

He also said he disagreed with the nerf. He’s also smart enough that if he does the math he’ll come up with 7-8 Gr’s lower, it was an off the cuff remark.

7 Likes

He is creator of Bazooka build… and he also said he is not against Bazooka nerf.

Some people are more realistic than barb community.

2 Likes

Yes I know who he is. You however chose to lie by omission and imply he’s in favor of the nerf when he clearly states in that video he is against the nerf to the Barbs.

6 Likes

Where did I say that he is for or against the nerf? I dont lie you do. You LIE that I said that he is for the nerf.

Peewee, I’ll even entertain what he said. It’s wrong, but let’s go with. Let’s say it’s a 4 tier nerf.

Every single other class at 10.5k paragon would be clearing 140+. 3 classes are at or above 140 with less than 10.5k paragon. If the nerf is 4 tiers, it means that we’ll be at 136.

While everyone else is 140+, some even being 144/145 barbs will have to get 10.5k paragon just to get to 136. You think that’s fair? That’s what you want?

2 Likes

I would love to see Lord Fluffy and SvR destroy some of the people on this forum in a PvP match. In fact when D4 comes out that just might happen. Put Leviathan in and some of you can just pack your bags and go home.

4 Likes

No. Same guy who did 140 on Barb did not come close to 140 on live servers with DH.

He also said that he was using wrong rune on PTR and had huge lag… He said he could go 144 with that build if it goes live.

check it out. DH has a 140 clear. Ulma, who has the highest NA clear, 138 in 12:55min said he could do 140 with it.

I’ve proven this wrong multiple times over. No he couldn’t. There is no evidence to suggest he can. He couldn’t even survive in a 140 against zombies, what makes you think he can survive in a 144?

What about the guy that did 138 at 9k+ paragon? Why did it take him over 14 minutes to clear it? If the build is capable of 144, they should be flying past 138. That’s chump change…

Answer the question. Is it fair for barbs to be 4+ gr’s lower than everyone else?

NO it isn’t. Now stop trolling.

9 Likes

No just like it would not be fair for barbs to be 4+ GRs higer than everyone else.

Now you stop trolling kid.

Ehhh, actually I disagree. Barbs haven’t even been close to the top builds in over 5 years. If we got one season where barb is the top dog, I really don’t think people will mind.

Is it fair for barb to finally get their time to shine, yes.
Is it fair for any build to be left so far behind for so long, no, but it’s been happening for years.

Maybe other classes need to pay reparations in the form of having barb be super op for a season. Let’s buff Lamentation to 500%.
Next season will be Monks turn. Sounds good to me.

8 Likes

I would not mind if it is +1GR over the others… but I am against OP builds.

You can’t really compare WW rend build to Rapid Fire… If UE Multi-shot could clear 140 that would be fair comparison.

I could also say that itis happening for years that DH does not have any spot in 4 man meta groups.

You have to realize that wizard and necro are getting nerfs. Their current top builds will be no where near their current strength.

WD currently has a 142 clear at 7k paragon. Probably one of the most dominant clears I’ve seen. You think he could do 145/146 with 3.5k more paragon? I bet he could.

If that’s the case, barb would still be behind WD. We wouldn’t even be the top class. Even if I accepted the speculation that barb could do 144. It’s still behind WD.

4 Likes