The Eye of the Storm legacy dropped in PTR Season

Was playing solo T8 and the legacy (no orange text) version of this item dropped in a regular rift. I’m not sure if it dropped from the rift guardian or not.

1 Like

Same thing here, Item Level 61 dropped and no procs on the item.

When one pays 50 shards for loot chest choices In town I got a vengeful wind with 7 stack limit instead of 10. This a instance of legacy gear dropping because of the many drop choices in that PTR process that drop the same loot vengeful wind. So it wasn’t fully looked at screening out chance of legacy gear instead of dropping the changed PTR 2.67 gear. Bet we find more in this manner but vengeful wind does have same issue. Note this was buying stuff before I was lvl 70, and putting it into the stash with a brand new season monk build.

Sending this over. The bags from D’jank Miem are a little less important (though I’ll send that along, too), but the fact the legacy version still drops from loot in Rifts or other areas is almost certainly not intended.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Why do not the developers read this themselves? I mean…most here and in the feedback forum is important enough…to be read…

Digging through the forums in time consuming. I believe it would be counter intuitive to have developers looking through the forums instead of making the needed changes to the programming to make sure everything is good to go on patch day. That is why there is a dedicated person who collects the relevant and important information to pass on in a concise and digestible form. This, ideally, makes things more efficient. It’s not intended to make the community feel less significant or unimportant, but is likely to maximize work value.

3 Likes

That was rather a rhetorical one…
I’m sorry but I mean that she doesn’t have an overview of what is relevant and what is not for all the classes and mechanics…

I see the devs basically in the duty to read the forums carefully…
If you look at what a disaster they delivered with the monk set…PTR or not that’s embarrassing…in my view…

1 Like

Devs do come in and read on occasion, but it’s a much bigger part of my role as a community manager. A core part of my duties is reviewing player feedback, compiling it, and sending it along.

I also report on things like sentiment (how you feel about changes), popularity, and volume. The more data on feedback I can provide, the better, so developers can (and should) be more focused on actually making changes and fixing bugs.

1 Like

Can you confirm “Eye of the Storm” has the correct numerical value? 100% damage is chicken feed. We thought it should be 1000% hitting one target.

My PTR eye of the storm says that it duplicates damage if SW hits only 1 target, so it appears to be a stand alone multiplicator wich doubles the damage.

Yes. It doubles the damage. But that’s a very, very low value. You have to compare that to Nilfurs, which hit for 900% more damage. The set is undertuned and badly designed, unfortunately.

However… “…and we need your help to make Season 19 better than ever!”

That’s not done with 2 not working sets without inspiration and some simple barb changes/ a chanto nerf…
There are 5 classes…20 sets* which would have a revision more than necessary to get a great/ “better than ever” season…
Just my opinion…

• (+monk/crus and their sets : )