Still not any info from PTR

Or they could have done THEIR job for the past 8 years…

You say more than 2 weeks are gone since their initiaial post about the PTR. You should carefully read what was written by Matt. He said that PTR communication would be forthcoming in the upcoming weeks.

Please note he said “weeks” and not week. That means it would be more than a week. He could have said a couple of weeks implying 2. Since he said upcoming weeks, it would strongly suggest that meant 3 or more (I suspect 3-5 weeks. If they got it out earlier, no one would complain. It is better to under promise and over deliver.).

Something I did not see anyone else mentioned.

December/January have many holidays and people use their vacations also.
This is probably why they missed some needed development time.
Blizzard employees are humans also.

Don’t rush it… even if I can’t wait for PTR personally.

I’m just happy that they’re doing it NOW.

They have been doing their jobs, you’re just being downright ignorant at this point. This game has come so far from what we originally got.

I hope horizon grows bigger than that in time then. I had really high hopes besides every class capable of reaching GR150 from this game. All the best to the team.

Ya the vibe I get from them is, balancing off-season in around the mid 140s, but we’ll get a better idea in the blog post I’m sure.

It’s live:

Is this a hint to an SSF mode incoming or just something to fill the paragraph with?

1 Like

Not a hint at all.
Just means, group>solo is okay for them, but they simply want the themes to impact solo too, regardless of how much it is :wink:

@Nevalistis, Matthew and the team behind this post:

Thanks for clearing things up.
Even though, i can’t agree with everything, i still think i am happy with that post.

But Paragon of 5000 to clear 130 solo? xD
4man player clear 150 with 2000 paragon, come on…

While we certainly take it into account, group play is not our only focus because not all players enjoy playing in groups. We want to make sure that the content we’re designing can be enjoyed by the most players, so our design decisions should take both styles into account.

So a 4 man group can get their Legendary Gems up to a far higher rank that solo and that there then affects what these 4 man group players can do in solo play.

Solo players cannot compete in the Leaderboards WITHOUT running 4 man groups.

That there is a huge issue.

5 Likes

They need to reconsider not having SSF for this very comment.

Regardless of how you “balance” with solo in mind, those that group will always have an edge due to efficiency, this needs to change!

1 Like

Yes, I do (but mostly just for patch notes, as they’re so format heavy). It’s a preference thing, especially as it formats HTML in a manner I’m accustomed to. I’d much rather have direct control over my formatting than relying on a WYSIWYG editor, and I get the benefits of a lot of other tools too when I work from templates. :slight_smile: It’s also a lot easier to share the files this way when they’re being reviewed; I can’t do that if I just leave it in the editor all the time (which only select team members have access to).

Note I mentioned the blog, not patch notes. No need to make assumptions. :wink:

That’s a bit of a leap. The intent was to actively dispel confusion that we balance entirely around the 4-man meta, which we do not. It’s a mix of considerations for both group and solo play.

That was at least my goal. :slight_smile: We know we can’t please everyone all the time. But if we can at least share the why, it makes our changes much easier to understand and empathize with, even if you disagree.

Disagreement is totally okay, and constructive criticism is still greatly encouraged! It’s not impossible to change minds on some decisions, but we still need to have a core philosophy to generally adhere to if we want our efforts to remain consistent.

11 Likes

Notepad is great…different colors can help with formatting and sorting.
I like it aswell xD
For the coding i would say… the better and cleaner the coding, the more Notepad++ can play his strengths, i created 2-3 websites myself and Notepad helped a lot with it.

Seems like they are fine with it: “the content we’re designing can be enjoyed by the most players”.

It’s just that the solo players aiming for top LB spots does not fall in the “most players” group AKA nothing new that we didn’t know.

Well, I am looking forward to D4.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for blog today

1 Like

uncross them, its there xD

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23290575/%5Bd3%5D-developer-insights-balancing-class-set-design-1-28-2020

I’m guessing that means there’s no plans to address bounties regarding how much more time it takes for solo players to complete them in comparison to split bounty groups.

Oh. Was hoping for ptr patchnotes

1 Like

Read the notes, Cusader nuff coming…Just how its not overboard & kill the class.