Still not any info from PTR

Direct 1:1 class comparison

• While we want each class to perform similarly, it is still important that classes retain their unique class fantasy
    • Each class should be able to accomplish similar goals, just in different ways

By class I hope you also mean builds/sets. Sure every class can aim to have similar GR range but if most players are playing/forced to play that same build then that’s not really balance. There needs to be more diversity in the game.

1 Like

In a perfect world, they will remove the stutter step mechanic and then can buff appropriately to not see a major drop off.

If the Crusader community is open and vocal, I think positive change will indeed occur.

1 Like

Only thing that concerned me reading the blog is the note about balance being 5,000 paragon and 130 GR.

I get it we want to avoid factoring in seasonal themes, but this balance point is just off for multiple reasons:

1 - More players play seasonal
2 - Seasons are shorter, the majority of players never crack 2,000 paragon I would assume
3 - Other than quick pushes, how much anecdotal information is available in non-season from top talent? I would expect it to be minimal at best.

Just a personal opinion here, but wouldn’t 130 and 2,000 paragon be a much better indicator? No issues at all with the balance point being 130, and I LOVE that you are willing to allow seasons to break the needle, that is indeed fun!

Thanks so much for all the time you have put into this, you are great!!!

3 Likes

Pretty well the same thought I had, which I posted on reddit. Copy paste of what I posted there follows:

I don’t get why balancing around 5,000 paragon points non-seasonal is a good thing.

I get the non-seasonal part since seasonal buffs can skew things but since we all spend 99% of our time in seasonal play and 5K paragon in a season is much more than most are able/willing to grind in a season, wouldn’t balancing around 2K or 1K paragon make more sense?

Is everyone assuming that if you’re balanced at 5K you will also be balanced at 1K or 2K? Is that the case?

I know from my own experience as a semi-casual who plays all classes but hardly ever breaks 1.5K paragon in a season that there are marked class/build imbalances at that level. Shouldn’t that be where the balance focus is?

Confused…

5 Likes

I think it’s silly that it sounds like people who stutter step are almost being chided like we’re exploiting. Stutter steps and animation cancels are in a ton of games and it’s kind of unfair to act like there’s something wrong with doing it. Its not an exploit, it’s simply how the game works. If they remove stutter stepping that’s fine by me, I just feel almost as though people who stutter step are being treated as the “bad guys”.

The players are not the issue, it’s the mechanic itself

Though true, most developers are all on the same page that they hate this! But it is not worth the time to a lot of them to handle or adjust so that it does not happen.

Seems to simply be a time/cost equation.

Nobody is being labeled a bad guy, they did not even call it an exploit, simply said, it is a side affect of their system that they would prefer not be present.

Does anyone have an idea how soon we can expect ptr?

zDPS is a style of gameplay that some players like, but not all do. We ultimately decided that it’s good that there are unique ways to play the game, and we don’t want to take that fun away from those who enjoy it. However, we’re also not actively trying to create more zDPS builds.

I read this as: Barbs and Monks will keep their spot in 4 man meta groups for ever.

My guess is anywhere from today to Friday (PST).

1 Like

On the flip side, it’s clear that DHs and Necros need some serious buffs, so here’s hoping those classes get some major booster shots. They might even make it into group metas as DPS.

3 Likes

That is not awesome. That is unfair crap. Trash/Boss killers changed over time but only constant meta members are zdps monk and barb. Occupying 2 spots in party with 4 spots.

2 Likes

Maybe @Skelos there will be SSF incoming.

I doubt it tho, as it would impact the core game code and perhaps break the game.

We’ll see tho!

Good thoughts!

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

It is what it is. Barbs are in a good place. Maybe the new sets for other classes will boost them into group meta.

And maybe some of y’all shouldn’t be so hungry to nerf Barbs :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

Yes main Barb players are in good place for group play. You have average Paragon higher than other classes because you had meta spot forever. So even if DH is going to be trash killer I am not getting party easy because of Paragon level. You only need to spend 1 week max to get items and you can play DH. In this game Paragon >>> of skill and items.

Very true, guy. Very true.

Time to roll a zBarb :smiley:

3 Likes

Not going to happen. I don’t adjust to crap.

They say they debated for a long time about zdps… and ofc they are not going to change it because it would take much effort and resources they don’t have now.

I will always ask for balance be it buff or nerf. Waiting for new tables with scaled data to reflect 5K Paragons.

Agreed, and that was the intended message. It is a problematic mechanic, and one we want to address. That is, by no means, the fault of the player.

Yep.

Wait for it…

Soon™.

(Just having fun, we’re aiming for next week, barring any unforeseen circumstances.)

Sort of a biased read. We’re just probably never going to design a new class set to specifically be intended for zDPS, or set out with planning to specifically make a zDPS build for every class.

We do want to continue adding new and unique tools to as many classes as possible. We never intended to create the zDPS builds that already exist! But, we believe by amplifying underused or underutilized skills in general, the community will continue to be the hugely effective larger hive-mind than we are and find some interesting builds as a byproduct. We don’t intend to interfere if more zDPS builds result from that (unless it’s actively detrimental/abusive to overall game play).

7 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think people really want you guys to make zDPS builds through sets, rather they would like for you to give some classes more zDPS potential and/or capabilities; so that the community itself can create the zDPS build. That’s my take on it anyway.

Thanks for the transparency, Nevalistis, it’s noted and very much appreciated.

Going out on a limb here, I don’t suppose you’ll be able to answer definitively and unambiguously - just so we can put this particular bone of contention to bed for good - if Rend Barbarians are performing at a place you’re happy with, or if they’re on track for a nerf or tune-up?

1 Like