Still not any info from PTR

S16 being extended to 4 months was also informed well in advance. So unless they explicitly state otherwise, one can expect the season to last 3 months.

So yes, the target of 3 months is essentially a rule.

2 Likes

https://www.topster.de/kalender/tagerechner.php?styp=datum&stag=14&smonat=11&sjahr=2019&typ=datum&etag=27&emonat=1&ejahr=2020&subDazu=%2B&dazu=256

On the left side, start date, on the right side, end date!

We are on day 74.

3 month mean “about 90” days +/-1 a week or so.

For now, they are totally fine. And recording to Matthew, in my own thread.

Hey Mortred!

We’re going to go with Option 1 on this one. We’ll have more communications in regards to PTR in the coming weeks.

Thanks

he picked Option one, soon. I indirectly intended to mean 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1week.

Still…they are fine and totally on track of what they said.

IF, nothing comes today/tomorrow, it would be more than 3 weeks, which would be fine either, cause soon doesn’t directly mean xx weeks.

They only thing i had in mind, when i left them with these options, would be the seasonal length, which, if it the PTR would come today/tomorrow, would still be on track either.

If they chose to release the PTR next week, they would have a very tight time window for fixes, the patch release, post-patch fixes and… the season start.

Guys, chill the next 36hours and we will all know, what is going on.
I am hyped as you are!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Relax kiddo. It’s coming soon.

1 Like

Well, their intention, stated in the S19 blog is for seasons to last roughly three months. That means, as S19 started on 22nd November, the end date should be around Sunday 23rd of February. That’s four weeks away. They also stated that they wanted to have a two week long PTR, which they haven’t announced the start date for yet. Even if they announce the PTR today, and patch it in on maintenance Tuesday tomorrow, that means it would run until 11th February.

Now, they also say that they’ll give at least a fortnight’s notice of the end date of a season. If they were going to stick to 23rd February (three month season duration) that means they’d have to confirm the end date by 9th February, i.e. they’d have to confirm the end date whilst they’re still in the middle of the PTR without knowing if something major might be found in testing that would have to push back the season end date.

TL;DR - if PTR isn’t announced today, S19’s very likely to be extended. That’s the timeline.

When you have to put a qualifier on it that means it’s not a rule. Seasons have lasted as little as ten weeks and as long as 22 weeks. This season may be longer than 12 weeks. None of us know.

And yet, as I presented in another thread, the average length of the first 18 seasons was just over 13 and a half weeks per season, i.e. pretty much three months.

I never said they weren’t, and I nver said this season wouldn’t be 12 weeks . All I’ve ever said is that there is no hard and fast rule that seasons MUST be 12 weeks, sand that this season may be longer.

Nobody else has said that, either. 3 months, give or take a few weeks, has been the general rule of thumb.

Yeah, you sure about that?

As I already said, unless stated otherwise, one can expect the season to last 3 months as Blizzard has stated that being the target. That doesn’t mean it must last exactly 3 months. It’s just an expected duration, an estimation, it has the room for a small variation.

In that sense it is a rule that one can expect a season to last certain duration. It is not a rule that a season must last a specific duration. Note the difference in wording and understand the meaning of it.

What part of ‘roughly three months…’ or ‘pretty much three months’ are you having trouble with? Would you be happier with ‘approximately three months’? Or perhaps ‘somewhere in the ball park of three months.’

1 Like

Yes.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019#faq

We are no longer providing anticipated end dates for Seasons. However, we are committed to keeping Seasons roughly three months in length (give or take a few weeks based on development needs) and will continue to provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice for when the Season will be ending.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093786/season-18-the-season-of-the-triune-begins-august-23-8-15-2019#FAQ

We are no longer providing anticipated end dates for Seasons. However, we are committed to keeping Seasons roughly three months in length (give or take a few weeks based on development needs) and will continue to provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice for when the Season will be ending.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220970/season-19-the-season-of-eternal-conflict-begins-nov-22-14-11-2019#faq

Don’t you see Blizzard’s own announcement blogs as an authoritative source?

Im hoping its soon so we can know or have a idea on which way sets /classes are going. Also wanting to do some type of dPS (Been doing zmonk for the past few months) hopefully i can get something going

This season buff is terribly unbalanced and not very interesting. For high level players it’s a free RGK, for lower level players it means almost nothing. It requires a ton of tedious micromanaging to avoid losing stacks between levels and it’s just not very fun

The sooner the season is over the better.

3 Likes

I’m so tired of S19, I mean i know theres other players still enjoying it but i’ve been playing till the start and its just boring now. I want something new! S20?!

3 Likes

I guess we’ll see how long it lasts.

Got a few more tweaks to go. Remember, the balance blog will be coming out first (in part because that will let me handle all the other PTR preparations, but also because the context of that blog is important for the 2.6.8 PTR and beyond), so you’ll have that to look forward to… let’s say this week. :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Figure it would be sometime this week, but it’s still nice to have a confirmation; so thanks.

Thanks for the info Nev!

Hype is real, hype forge is burning hot. :heart_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

Nerfbat unpolished??