Nerf Thread on General

If that is really the case, then:

That’s where your comment should have stopped.

1 Like

What you said was true but it was not the “whole truth”. If you are going to complain about “misrepresentations”, I would think the whole truth would be important to you.

The level of irony in this post will be completely lost on you, won’t it.

1 Like

Irony indeed. Yet here I am supporting you.

Yeah, nah…let’s not

1 Like

For Your Information:

WTF does that have to do…

Never mind, it just occurred to me that I don’t care.

Once again, you’re all about the quantity, rather than the quality.

1 Like

Read: Title of thread. Reads Nev’s post.

How would a game balance blog be related to this thread that has been talking about nerfs/game balance?

EDIT: wow

How would that have anything to do with what I posted?

It doesn’t.

You use 10 words, when 3 would have done, but you don’t quite manage to say anything. You missed your calling as a politician. Or you are a politician, which would actually explain a lot about you.

Again, quantity over quality.

1 Like

I don’t think he was necessarily addressing you directly.

There’s been a lot of disagreement in this thread over things like what’s acceptable and what needs tuning. I think posting the link was just saying that we’re about to get clarification.

1 Like

If that’s the case, then I will happily apologise.

But he was replying to, and quoting me, so that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

The words he was typing had absolutely nothing to do with what he quoted me about.

2 Likes

It’s funny looking back at those nerf threads because even after the nerf, rend barb is still stronger than their intended power target. Granted, at 0% on the belt it would be on the weaker side (139 rather than 143) but it would still have been within 2grs of 141. Which it is not right now with a 150% belt.

1 Like

At least you can vote out politicians…

2 Likes

True. This can be for the better or the worse.

Historically, we know that the will of the voters does not always reflect was is best or morally virtuous. You can see this throughout history with the rise of demagogues and injustice.

When voices for fairness and justice about a particular issue are silenced due to being in the “minority” at the time, we suffer collectively as a society.

Relative to the forums, I would also argue that the majority viewpoint in a class-specific forum does not represent necessarily the view of the forum users in general. Moreover, the views of forum users do not necessarily reflect the views of the majority of the playerbase.

As MissCheetah pointed out, a low percentage of posters are even TL1 in relation to the total player population.

There is nothing wrong with having an agenda per se. I have told you what mine is and that it to maximize cross-class game balance to maximize equity of opportunity and fun for all classes not just the class where bad balance leads to fun for an OP class.

I am not the only one with an agenda. as noted by:

Having an agenda is not good or bad per se. It is what the agenda aims to accomplish that is relevant to its merits. Currently, Blizzard may have an agenda for better game balance. We will see if their game balance blog is consistent with their posts from December.

Curiosity question:
What nerf would you consider not severe and not worth much fighting?

50% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 3.2 GR reduction in DPS
75% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 2.3 GR reduction in DPS
100% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 1.5 GR reduction in DPS

Alternatively, Blizzard could remove the ability for hard cast rends to proc area damage. This would preferentially affect top end players versus more casuals and reduce lag.

Careful, your answer can and will be used against you in open Forum!
Keep it as a surprise for the Barbarian Nurf defense if it comes to that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:peace_symbol:

Disabling area from hard cast would nerf it by 4 to 5 tiers and reduce annoying lag gaming, but would make the build even more brain dead than it actually is right now xD

1 Like

The nerf would likely be more severe than 4-5 tiers, but you’re right in that would make the build far less engaging and active. By the way, in my earlier post about your VC clear, I wasn’t trying to insinuate that any ol’ person with 8k Paragon can clear 135 with Charge. Nor was I trying to suggest that your clear doesn’t take skill; if it came across that way, you have my apologies.

I don’t think any of Micro’s proposed nerfs are acceptable. And as per Windigo’s suggestion, I’m not responding to them. Like I said, all signs point to BARBS ARE FINE.

Forget nerfs. Instead, we should be thinking ahead to the next patch. I don’t predict our builds will change, but we might get a new set, and if we do, I hope it’s all about Primary skills.

2 Likes

Come on Frenzy Barb!!! Or Weapon Throw. I’d be happy with either. Then just bring up EQ and IK HOTA and I’d be a happy camper.

1 Like