So D4 is going to have a battle pass

Anyone have thoughts or concerns about this?

edit: I guess I should post this.

8 Likes

If it’s just for cosmetic items then I don’t really mind.

They’ve been open that they want to sell cosmetics and I’ve always seen game cosmetics as one of the more fair options for monetisation.

Personally I only really plan to purchase new character classes and expansions but some people do like the BP stuff, gives you little extra goals to do.

4 Likes

Yea I just hope it is just not to costly.

edit: The upgraded battle pass that is because we all know the good stuff is going to be in there.

I am not surprised.
After Diablo Immortal everything is to be expected.
Diablo 4 shapes up to be another money grabbing scheme that I am not sure if want to be a part of.

12 Likes

It is pretty sad.
As long as it is solely for cosmetics I will be positively surprised. Not because that makes it good. Just less bad than one has come to expect from Blizzard these days.

15 Likes

What the hell is this battle pass?

Cosmetic only micro transactions we are willing to deal with.

But seasonal Battle Passes with limited edition cosmetics and tons of seasonal cosmetics locked behind constant battle passes?

This is not a f2p game…

This is awful it’s almost as bad as p2w micro transactions.

Earning things in game is going to be extremely devalued by this many cosmetics locked behind a paywall.

God damn it Blizzard does no one at the company fight against these things?

And if they are WHY is no one LISTENING to them!?

They better include AMAZING pvp if they want me to buy this battlepass or I’m definitely out.

11 Likes

Also rumors of paid early-access, up to 7 days.
That is not remotely okay, and arguably could be considered P2W, especially in a PvP context.

4 Likes

There will be the free part but that fact the we know if you get the payed version of the battle pass you will get all the cool stuff. That is the part the get me, that and selling currency instead of a single price for cosmetics. If they go forward with this method. I think now is the best time to tell Blizzard to tone it down a bit.

2 Likes

DONT YOU TEST ME BLIZZARD.

YOU WILL LOSE.

Digital currency, platinum, just for shop cosmetics?

DONT YOU DO IT. DONT YOU TRY AND SNEAK IN PAY2WIN.

I SWEAR TO GOD IM WATCHING YOU CLOSELY AND THE FIRST SCENT OF PAY2WIN AND I WILL QUIT.

dont test me.

13 Likes

Battle Pass is one of those things I’ve come to just sigh and accept it’s gonna be there no matter what. Imagine my surprise when I got F1 22 and saw one there. If they managed to cram one in a racing game where nobody really cares about anything other than driving the cars, imagine if it wouldn’t be on an online RPG where people play to get rewarded.

1 Like

Play games that don’t have extra crap in them for monetization purposes. That crap makes the game worse. Even “cosmetics” should be in the base game. Why are you ok to pay so your heroes don’t look like sh!t?

10 Likes

I expect cosmetics in games at this point. I think they are going overboard for D4 from what I have seen.

So, what else will the paid battle pass provide for in the final game or patched in after go live?

They did seem to have said D:I isn’t p2w, so yeah expect the worst for D4…

R.I.P. Diablo.

4 Likes

I’m willing to accept everything excepted in-game currency.

In-game currency is one of the most evil and predatory scheme ever invented to ruin honest people.

If they go in-game currency, I swear I’ll buy nothing.

–

My favorite monetization scheme would be this:

1 Like

I don’t trust a clickbait youtube video

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the clip.

3 Likes

As long as the mtx doesn’t effect game play it’s fine with me, btw I would have no problem to buy a cosmetic armor set that the Rogue have in D1, I kind of liked the mix of Western & Far East style.

The only thing which bug me from the vid is the amount of difficulty level, we already 20+ of these in D3 and I only saw it divide the community. I’m not against it but too many = too many.
Remembering me when the cap was T6, for weeks and weeks there was only 1 player doing T5, I’m not lying, I played with him and for the weeks I spent on T5 I never saw other players around.
How is that suppose to help building a community?

I don’t know what to think about the Season Pass stated in the vid, I would have no problem to pay to play Season but the deal better have to worth it.
If it’s only for Armor, Weapon and mount cosmetic I’m just going to play few seasons because I’m no collector, Blizz could add Voices, Quotes, UI, Visual FX, (…) there’s like a tremendous amount of things that could be sold without affecting gameplay.

2 Likes

as long as it’s purely cosmetic i couldn’t care less, i don’t wanna look like a clown

we already know we can farm in different regions to find equipment in different styles so that’s gonna be my fashion hunting

3 Likes

I don’t understand, if there’s going to be a box price, and cosmetic only(for now) mtx. Why the hell there’s a cosmetic only (for now)battle pass?

6 Likes

because :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes