So... D2R Worth a buy?

You seem to have no idea what you are talking about.

The Console version of D2R is quite different as far as the UI and some of the functionality goes (aiming, looting, etc). The Console version also lacks a lobby, chat, and easy multi player game finding.

BOTH PC and Console have offline for D2R. You have to connect once to validate the license then every 30 days, but it has offline play and local saves on PC.

D2R forums require buying the game to post. Hence asking about it where they can post.

2 Likes

The Console Discussion and Console Bug Report sub-forums of the D2R forums do not require a license to post in them. I own neither a console or D2R and made a single, test post in the D2R Console Discussion to confirm this.

1 Like

So to play on battle.net you have to play with other people? I mean people? really? other people? seems harsh.

No.

You can make a private, password-protected, game and play alone.

This. Honestly, it is kind of crazy that critics are reviewing D2R only once and treating it as a global score across platforms. I remember years back when sites would actually rank Playstation 2, xbox, gamecube, and PC versions differently just based on how they performed or other small changes. With D2R there are some very notable differences, not just graphics, framerate, resolution, etc., but also lobbies, play count, UI, and more. For someone to rank them the same score just seems wrong and is not very informative for the consumers. PC is the clear winner when it comes to D2R, and Switch is the clear loser, unless you care about mobility, in which case it is understandable you would opt for that version.

Now, I’m a pure PC gamer, but I imagine most people that have any combination of consoles/pc have a system of choice, and buy most/all non exclusive titles on that.

I am not talking about subjective preferences, I am talking abotu literal differences in the game. Having only up to 4 players on switch is simply worse than the other systems. Having worse resolution, framerate is simply worse. As is not having lobbies, the option for keyboard and mouse, etc.

I am not saying PC is the only platform people should buy on, and if you want to purchase a different version despite having a PC, go for it! I am just saying, there are notable differences between the versions, and to rate them all the same seems very silly.

Yeah, I can see that, I’m just saying that, in my experience at least, people tend to stick with their hardware of preference and disregard system limitations for X game.

Granted, I also have a friend that has a console for the sole reason to play Assassins Creed games on, I’ve played them all on PC and wouldn’t dream of getting a console just for that.

Yeah, fair enough. You are absolutely right about that and it happens all the time. Which makes zero sense to me if you have a strong PC, since they too can easily use controllers, TVs, and so on. I just played through all of the AC games in order (other than Valhalla) over the past several months, all on PC, all with a Switch pro controller.

Anyway, to each their own. I hope all platforms have lobbies in D2R soon.

Thank you guys for all of your replies and criticisms.

Well, that’s a relief. Other people are scary. I rather play with myself.

1 Like

Definitely worth a buy. Even with the shortcomings (such as removing TCP/IP and making it harder to mod).

Just in case someone might be considering the game and wants to play off-line single player. The creator of GoMule external stash management mod has supposedly come out of retirement to make an update for D2R. So, one can play single player off-line and take advantage of that mod for muling.

1 Like

Sorry my mistake
When I watched someone play D2R on PC and on Playstation I couldn’t see a difference between the two
and with my limited understanding of UI being that PC generally uses mouse and keyboard while the playstation uses a controller I took it as a given that they were different because a controller works differently to mouse and keyboard so interacting with the game and how things move would be different between the 2
I also made the mistake of thinking he was talking about the game in general and not going into the nitty gritty of how each version of the game is slightly different because of what is used to play the game, PC with mouse and keyboard, PS with the playstation controller, Xbox with the Xbox controller
My apologies for not understanding that they were all completely different games and that playing on a console or a PC you aren’t playing the same game even though they call it the same and looks identical to look at

No. Sh1t keep crashing. Look at the forum of D2 now. Everyone lost their characters in BNet. Blizzard better restore our characters and lost hours farming.

I have no interest in D2R whatsoever which is why I don’t read the D2R forums.
I wish I didn’t have to read anything about it on the D3 forums either.
If you have problems with D2R go tell the D2R forums about it.

3 Likes

We don’t care. This is the D3 forum.

2 Likes

Error 37 VS Character Rollback.

Which is worse (or meme-able) in you guys opinions?

You don’t actually HAVE to read them.

1 Like

They don’t actually HAVE to post them in the wrong place.

2 Likes