So... D2R Worth a buy?

I still can’t get over the difference in the view of the Twin Seas from Lut Gholein. An image doesn’t do it justice without the animation, but it’ll give you an idea. (Every time I see it, in-game, it takes my breath away).

Are you serious? What kind of analogy is that?

I bought and played D2 when it was first released and then LoD. I played D2:LoD even after I bought and started playing D3 and RoS… Still do (both of them). And, now I own and play D2:R because I finished D3 Season 24 and collected all of the Ethereal Weapons… on all 3 Regions.

So, in your analogy, I would be a Honda owner who also has owned a Toyota for many years. BossDog would be the one who, in the “Honda forum”, is asking if it’s worth buying a Toyota or should they just stick with their Honda.

And you don’t think that I could give a valid answer? Or that he doesn’t have the right to ask me about it in the “Honda forum”?

As I told Argos, I own D2:LoD, D3:RoS and D2:R. And, even though this is just my personal opinion, YES! It is worth it.

I never cared about Ladder and only played it for the Ladder-only content. But, currently I’m playing Single Player (Offline). I also have an Online Character. I don’t have to worry about her expiring (as MissCheetah mentioned). I have access to full game content. And I can play (Online) when I want or put it down when I need to.   :+1:

People might be less toxic if you move this thread to the Latest Games & Technology Forum.

1 Like

Don’t bother. Any mention of D2 and he hissy fits claiming D4 as the greatest ARPG in the whole wide world lol.

1 Like

I highly doubt that they would be able to put TCP/IP unless there is an updated way of handling the security that having it would have.

As far as modding goes there are some mods for D2R. They are not multiplayer mods though. Nor are they like Path of Diablo, Project Diablo nor Median XL.

No. its the same game as the classic just with a mod with graphics.

dont waste your precious money on a game fo 20 years ago just with a make up.
try some new good games or save your money for other thing

the classic its still the classic

if you love the classic, just play the classic ‘-’

Thank you for the responses. I’m still going to back off. There are several clowns/jokesters in the forum and its easier to let this thread expire versus giving the forum mods the extra work of handling a flagged as spam thread. The responses here may help others if they come across this thread.

Thank you to those who suggested that I use the other forum options. I see the suggested options as hoops to jump through for gathering information about the game. This counts as a negative toward purchasing the product, and shows that the company cannot handle strong criticism or is afraid of it. However, this is their house and its their rules.

I haven’t decided to buy or not. It would be nice to play off-line LAN with my bud, but I have not contacted him yet. For now I’m going to stick to Grim Dawn and PoE; especially since both of them run flawlessly on Steam/Linux. How well D2R runs over Lutris on Linux will be another point to factor in the decision making.

@Forum Mods:
You can lock this thread if you like.

Why do you even care? :point_down:

“I was super stoked when D2R was announced. Today, I’ve lost all and any interest in it for so many reasons due to Blizz. Glad I held off pre-purchase. My Blizzard days are completely over, my PoE days are pretty much done, and will be embarking on my next commitment to Last Epoch. Time is precious, use it well folks!”

Let this thread die Ava. Someone may benefit from the responses in this thread and decide to buy the game.

So far, for me, not really.

I just don’t have the desire to play on PC. I did load it up, and it took well longer than it should have, then locked and I had to reload. It worked the second time. I played for about 10 minutes before I got bored with the slowness and general disdain. I think I’ll just see if the old save editors work because the game is not worth my time to grind.

And, I do not want to buy it again for console, especially and primarily, because it is digital only and I despise that concept. Also, no couch co-op which is a death knell for me.

Based on the beta I played and thing I have seen, absolutely it is worth a buy.

Despite D2 being my favorite game of all time, I have not actually purchased D2R yet, since ladder has not started, as well being busy at the moment, so it works out. Once ladder falls I will purchase it and probably play it for years to come, just like I have done with D2.

Absolutely. It’s very addictive and gorgeous. It should be half the price, though. Expect crashing here and there and a very shoddy menu/lobby.

To be clear here, TCP/IP was removed so there is no offline LAN or Open Bnet using offline chars. You either play offline solo or you play multi on Bnet.

Nah, it’s more like going into a Honda Civic forum and asking about a Honda Civic Type R. They’re both the same franchise and from the same genre, just different generations :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you MissCheetah.

And yet here you are in D3 forums asking about D2 when the majority of us, (no proof, just my opinion) don’t like or couldn’t care less

Won’t go to D2 console forum because he doesn’t have a console yet posts in D3 forum which has nothing to do with D2

What if we all trolled you like you like trolling us and say yes it is worth the buy go buy it and then we all quietly laugh as you go and buy it and waste your money as you find out it isn’t worth it

Besides which, go to D2R forums and it’s all biased to D2, go to D3 forums and they are biased to D3 and more likely to think D2 is trash, again my opinion, no proof , except for how D3 players get ticked off because people with no clue insist in posting in the wrong place

And seeing as you wanted info only as far as I’m aware there is basically no difference between the PC and console except for console can probably play offline without a internet connection and PC internet connection is required, just like D3

I have also watched video of D3 on console and besides a different arrow and using a controller there is no difference between them, except for the D3 chinese version which has changes because of the way the laws are over there

1 Like

as the OP post to it again to put it back on top

The wife and I are 70ish years old, we are enjoying it immensely. It’s has the difficulty levels we enjoy. We are in act 3 hell on our first characters, we play slow and enjoy the graphics and the details.

2 Likes

You seem to have no idea what you are talking about.

The Console version of D2R is quite different as far as the UI and some of the functionality goes (aiming, looting, etc). The Console version also lacks a lobby, chat, and easy multi player game finding.

BOTH PC and Console have offline for D2R. You have to connect once to validate the license then every 30 days, but it has offline play and local saves on PC.

D2R forums require buying the game to post. Hence asking about it where they can post.

2 Likes

The Console Discussion and Console Bug Report sub-forums of the D2R forums do not require a license to post in them. I own neither a console or D2R and made a single, test post in the D2R Console Discussion to confirm this.

1 Like

So to play on battle.net you have to play with other people? I mean people? really? other people? seems harsh.

No.

You can make a private, password-protected, game and play alone.