Slow load times - Inventory

Still lagging for me also. puzzling
New 16" M1 Pro MacBook Pro

I bought this game on release and it was so buggy, gave up playing it… fast forward to about a month ago, busted this game out again and gave it another crack. everything seems to play well now, until this lag started for me. I started a new game and it does not lag at all… interesting. Been wanting to purchase the upgrade, but not spending another penny at Blizzard until this is fixed. I finished the game with my first character and back to the beginning, but lag still exist… not on the new game, but the old. hmmmm…

I have this problem consistently. When I attempt to open my inventory, each time it will load everything extremely slowly. I’ve had some success with opening and close the ‘crafting supplies’ tab causing it to load faster. But it seems really intermittent.

I’ve tried changing the texture between High and Low as well with some success.

I recently tried re-installing from scratch as well. First three times opening my Inventory; no issues. I went to the stash and switched between the three tabs. The icons loaded fine, but over time the icons were ‘slowly’ loading at 1-2 sec per tab. After closing the stash and opening Inventory I was greeted with the very slow loading of my Inventory icons. It makes me believe there is some issue with how this data/information is cached in memory and used for lookups while the game is running. This is based upon my personal opinion and not upon any debug logs that would display application memory caching issues.

My hardware and OS information:

MacOS Monterey Version 12.4

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
HD Format: APFS Data Volume • APFS (Encrypted)

Also have this issue. I resumed playing a witch doctor from level 12 with no problems, but when I started (late) Season 26 with a wizard, it’s been pretty bad.

Monterey 12.4
Macbook Air M1 (2020)
16GB Memory

How is this STILL a problem, Blizzard?

Yes, toggling texture quality high/low is a temporary workaround but it’s obscene that we’re still doing this years after this was first reported. This wasn’t happening at all through Season 20, even, and now it’s ever-present.

2 Likes

When is this going to get fixed?

Also having this issue on macOS 12.5 with iMac 5K 2019 27”. It’s not always happening though. Sticking with ACT 2 seems could fix the issue but still hope there is a fix for it.

Also still having this issue. I know Macs aren’t made for gaming, but dang . . . You think there’d be a solution to this bug. :frowning:

Sadly, I think their inaction on this is a very clear answer and stance on Mac gaming. With Apple moving to their own silicon, Blizzard has stated that they have no intention of supporting those chips - not for Diablo 4 for sure.

Why they introduced and then failed to fix the bug is a bummer, but the fact that it’s been a bug for over a year now is their answer to this problem - they simply do not care.

3 Likes

I dont think they will fix anything that doesn’t crash the game, :grinning:

3 Likes

Since this happens on multiple OSes, even Windows, but not ALWAYS, we could try to narrow it down. MP only? Certain classes? Other graphical settings? We need to come up with a list of as many variables as we can and start posting sets of them.

I have the same problem in every map or city it takes up to 1-2 minutes to load the inventory.
MacBook pro 13" 2020 series
16gb ram
GeForce 3080ti (Thunderbolt dock)
Macosx 13.01 Ventura (in the old version are the issue still exist)