Slow load times - Inventory

What ever the issue is causing it. The fix is to switch texture once per session. The bug is not in act2. I’m also running it on OSX 12 beta. So D3 still works in OSX 12.

1 Like

Im having this same issue, also on multiple MBPs - but only in Tristram, oddly enough.

If I switch texture quality from low->high or high->low, it appears to resolve the issue for the session.

1 Like

Greetings,

I also have multiple Macs that is having this blank inventory issue. I broke down and bought a PC for the wife as her issues were worse than mine.

I am on a late-model Mac Pro. The inventory issue is a real hassle since season 21. The only trick I knew was to go to Act 2 to resolve the issue.

Mac Specs:
Model Name:|Mac Pro|
Model Identifier:|MacPro5,1|
Processor Name:|6-Core Intel Xeon|
Processor Speed:|3.46 GHz|
Number of Processors:|1|
Total Number of Cores:|6|
L2 Cache (per Core):|256 KB|
L3 Cache:|12 MB|
Hyper-Threading Technology:|Enabled|
Memory:|64 GB|
Boot ROM Version:|144.0.0.0.0|
SMC Version (system):|1.39f11|
Running on a Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Had the same issue. Due to Mac’s high screen resolution I had to set Shadow Quality to High instead of Medium(Smooth) as default suggested. Just that change solved for me.

1 Like

Hey blizzard are you actually working on a fix for this because it would not take over 6 months to fix this. I think you just said you’re currently working on a fix to get us to shut up

Same goes for Diablo 2 not running on macOS… you say that you’ll update us when you have something to tell us but what you’re really saying is that Diablo 2 will never work on modern macOS… otherwise you would have it announced on the Diablo 2 Resurrected page but it’s not it only says Windows system requirements

Stop lying and just be honest please. Don’t sugar coat everything. You had a chance to actually make Diablo 2 a 64-bit game when you decided to make the remake of it but you apparently did not do that. That’s your fault and you shouldn’t be lying about working on things if you’re not working on them, that’s evil and wrong and you deserve to lose your jobs and credibility when you lie to us.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like a fix to me considering the game is running worse than before. It used to run slightly better before this “issue” popped up. Yes switching the textures “fixes” the inventory slowness but it doesn’t improve the little frame drops that pop up randomly during play. This was not how the game played before this issue arose and blizzard hasn’t done anything about it. They just say to do what you suggested but again, that doesn’t fix the performance downgrade it only fixes the inventory slowness.

Nothing is going to resolve the hitching/stuttering you see during gameplay on macOS unless the game is transitioned to the Metal graphics API. It currently uses the OpenGL API, which Apple has not updated in macOS in eleven years. Apple’s OpenGL still sits at 3.1, with most of 3.2 implemented, and a tiny smattering of cherrypicked 4.1 extensions. Current OpenGL is at 4.6, wiith the more modernized Vulkan API sitting at 1.2 (it’s OpenGL’s successor and equivalent to Metal).

TL;DR: Without a transition to Metal, Diablo 3 will forever run with stuttering and hitching in macOS, with each OS version after 10.13.6 being progressively worse.

3 Likes

I just solve the problem with really simple change.
The solution is changing texture quality option to ‘high’.
In my case that works perfectly.
I have 2017 MacBook Pro 15-inch with Touch Bar model
and I using macOS Big Sur 11.5.
Hope it helps…

Be noticed that this issue appear only for Characters created after first. They sharing items in stash.

I have seasonal WD, i make him first, then Wiz and Necro, so the last two has the same problem with inventory, but not first

I think this trouble is on blizzard side. Game s checking all the items all the time. Reads data from DB record of inactive (if you playing another) character.

It means that all the actions with game client on user side is useless.

Thanks.

I’ve had issues with this problem and finally googling it led me to this thread.

Yes, changing texture (and select “no” on confirm) works for a session. So it WAS worthwhile spending 30 minutes reading this thread…

What’s weird (and I don’t think I’ve seen other posts) in my case is that the main character (first character I’ve started playing this season) is fine. It happens ONLY to my sub characters. Recently I’ve been playing DH more, and annoyed enough to search for an answer. Oh and eventually they do appear, just takes time (up to a few minutes!).

It’s also why you don’t see this problem in WoW, which uses Metal.

first day of s25 no issue, however the next day server lag made inventory have the same issue as before. Sigh!

I recently had this issue after re-installing the game to play in Season 25, the inventory would seem to load slower and slower the more times I opened it till it would get to a point where I would be standing around waiting for 15 seconds for the inventory to load. I have a great computer so I knew there should not be any performance issues what so ever, not to mention I’ve got over 1000 hours in this game probably and never had this issue before so…here is what I did to fix it

From the battle.net client click the gear next to the play button and click “Scan and Repair”
After this finished I went to check the game settings. I noticed a checkbox for “Launch 32 bit client (Instead of 64)” I unchecked that box.

After doing those 2 things I no longer have any issues regardless of how long I am playing.

A crucial component of D3 is the DBs (Death’s Breath) and some times they don’t appear after killing an elite. I found that simply hitting the inventory ‘I’ Key once or twice will allow them to be seen, and picked up. Seems to work good for me.

Also running into this issue.
The only way getting rid of it is also the “Change texture settings and abort” way.
And also session based.

Seems that blizzard don´t give any fu** about us macOS gamers, since this problem existing for so long and no fix in sight.

Still no fix to this issue? Coming back to D3 after a long time and my experience is horrible because of this! Using the same MacBook and never had this issue before!

April 10 2022 , and I wanted to play Diablo 3 again, and I find this annoying error that happened to me in windows and changed it to 32 bits, in this case, it is not possible on Mac.
Any solution that is not momentary like changing the textures?

It’s fixed for me now.

2 years later (after this thread started) and you, guys @Blizzard, are still “looking into it”
I’m having this issue too; it’s May 2022.

You shouldn’t wonder why you leak players like there’s no tomorrow and those once great games of yours now “look” deserted: because you’re “looking (too much) into it” instead of fixing the issues.

4 Likes

I play since 2019 when I get tired because any fix this lag, I’m back two years later and the lag still like two years back. In unique place is most fast to see the inventory is in ACT 1…working with video settings, to see what can I fix…

1 Like