Season 29 Visions of Enmity – Now Live

1 Like

I will play D4 S1 until D3 S29 starts, when I finish the season journey in D3 I will be back to D4 for S2.

Soooo… does that mean you will double the amount of D4 players ? xD

1 Like

Yes me and the other guy are killing it in S1, when the Karens are still crying on the forums. :sob:

1 Like

We are turning the D4 forums into our own little private Idaho

1 Like

Europe is currently observing Daylight Savings, which means it is currently using CEST (Central European Summer Time) and will not revert to CET (Central European Time) until Sunday, 29th October. This means that Season 29 should start at 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC), not 17:00 CET (16:00 UTC).

Please update the blog, announcement and, most importantly, make sure the engineers actually set the go-live date/time correctly for the EU servers, so that you’re not an hour out as you have been on a number of previous seasons.

6 Likes

Ha, that’s clever. Very amusing!

“Season 30 will bring fresh gameplay balances and bug fixes to reinvigorate your adventures”

Moar buffs for WD pleas! Specialy Helltooth and pets. :grin:

1 Like

While this is true, I can’t help feeling that the reason they disagree with the feedback is their stubbornness and/or hubris.

I mean, why do they insist on nerfing movement speed per paragon instead of just keeping it at 50 points max?

Paragon 800 is unarguably too low because players can reach it before acquring full ancient items, not to mention we won’t have regular gems to do augments by then. The item grinding process can quickly become a rewardless chore that make people quit.

4 Likes

Same opinion here.

One thing I am wondering is the magnitude of the coming “gameplay balances”. Blizzard didn’t specify anything but as I recall, both Wudi and Raxx said in their latest videos that they will be very significant. Maybe they know something we don’t…

On a positive note, we shouldn’t have to wait as long as we have recently been waiting between two seasons, as they specified a shift every 3 months.

1 question about the improvements on Area Damage: did they also improve Area of Effect? I am thinking of Akkhan: did anyone check out on the PTR if this build was less laggy?

1 Like

I played Tal Rasha Comet during the ptr.
Its laggy AF though…

1 Like

Shame on Blizzard ignoring the feedback about Paragon Cap

3 Likes

The feedback on the paragon point allocation cap was positive and negative. In the Raxx/Maxroll/community request for D3 changes, having a paragon cap was included as a major recommendation.

Framing this is dishonest…

Most people were fine with the cap in itself but we said it is just too damn low…

1 Like

Honestly i am happy with 800.
At least i know i dont need to Grind GRs to attain a much higher cap to stay “Efficient” while doing main gem ups in groups or in solo.

With a low 800 cap, i can IMMEDIATELY embark on doing portals to stock up on bounty mats to reforge stuff (gaining more damage from gear) once i have enough forgotten souls to burn.

If i am 800, and everyone else is 800, its fair game.

Even if i want to grind paragons to “accumulate” them to non season, this season isnt optimal in doing that. Reason, power creep isnt strong enough. If I want to “accumulate paragons”, i would aim for S27 or S28 kind of power creep where solo monk / solo wiz can easily do 140.

S29 is designed for leaderboard pushing. Fair game in terms having same paragons.

For people who really want to farm paragons, go non season and play AoV.
I can tell you this with 100% certainty with the following facts -

16k Tal wiz playing 134 all day in non season -4min runs
8k Aov sader will demolish her by hand in terms of xp/hr.

Applies to the whole season, HC/SC and SSF.

1 Like

So in the hardcore community, it was included as a major recommendation… while D3 ISNT a hardcore game…

There are plenty of ARPGs without infinite scaling, there is even a new Diablo game without infinite scaling, we only had ONE alternative, and they decided to scrap it

Why is it ok that we are left without alternatives? Why screw on the people that kept playign the game after so many seasons?

2 Likes

Don’t mind Leviathan… he’s an embodiment of Blizzards toxicity on this forum. Wasn’t he a streamer some time ago ? Is that him ? Would explain a lot… I remember he got a job at Blizzard.

Ancient items ? A lot of players will get to 800 before they get all the times for their build… not even dreaming of ancients.

And that was their goal… they wanted to force people to quit D3 so maybe some part of the playerbase will come back to D4. It’s a disgusting practice to be honest.

And their recent viewer count on twitch confirm that people are done with Diablo and Blizzards groupies. Maxroll team totaly deserve whats coming :slight_smile: They are going back to nothingness on twitch. GG

1 Like

S29. Worst season of modern time.

4 Likes

Do you consider players who post here to be the “hardcore community”? I ask this because the feedback was sought and given from this forum specifically.

Non-seasons has no paragon point allocation cap. That is most definitely an alternative.

1 Like