Season 29 (Start Players at 70)

If S29 starts at the same time D4 launches, how many people will play S29 vs D4?

Why don’t you just play Last Epoch full time anyways? doesn’t sound like you’re having fun.

Keep turning D3 into a kindergarden level difficulty game and i will lol

1 Like

I left the game but not the forum. That`s different. :wink:

Getting to level 70 is a challenge on its own to optimize it. If you don’t enjoy it, perhaps you have no idea what are you doing with the class. In that case, I don’t think you’ll enjoy Set Dungeons ahead either.

I will unless some other game has caught my eye.

To be fair, does anyone “enjoy” them? Tolerate, sure, but enjoy?

1 Like

assuming there will be a season 29…even if there were it will be the bare minimum a season can offer which might actually be a repeat of a previous season and probably a skeleton crew working on it

i mean thatd be neat but id be down to just keep the “level 1 req on all items” thing tbh

glorious self rushes equiping lvl 70 jank crafted gear. max level in one round of t1 bounties. ezpz no need for rushing community heh

I like where your mind’s at. What about just removing level requirements for items?

Why wouldn’t it be? They still provide ladders for D2 that’s twice the age of D3.

That was always an option though, just requires you to level a few Gem of Ease to 25. Just 3 and you have a fair advantage, remove level requirement on a Leorics Crown and Signet and craft a Hellfire Ring and Amulet use the last Gem of Ease in an ancient weapon and you level quite fast.

1 Like

1-70 needs to be gone. So damned boring.

I have a theory that people don’t enjoy Set Dungeons because they stick to online guides and expecting an easy victory. They don’t realize any condition difference may affect the gameplay experience you have in Set Dungeons. Since online Set Dungeon guides are written with certain parameters in mind, that doesn’t match together at all, when people try to abide them they usually get disappointed or frustrated.

For example, Set Dungeon guides usually written with character having a certain low damage as if you just got the Set from Haedrig’s after Greater Rift 20. However, they also demand several crucial legendary supporting items for run to be any reliable. So, certainly it’s also inevitable that you’ll gain some paragon levels and accumulate more toughness and sheet damage along that time required to farm those.
To make the matters worse however, guide writers are usually people who has better cognitive skills than a casual player. They can pull Set Dungeons without the any need of a comfortable utility skill and not even mention that in the guide. This counterintuitively increases the mechanic skill requirement plus the fishing you have to suffer through.

To me, if you were to evaluate the guide yourself and interpret it depending on your needs, you would prevail the Set Dungeons easier and even enjoy it. You don’t exactly need to bring your damage down to 100k at every dungeon when you can tweak the utility skills right. You don’t have to loot this really crucial class-related legendary that doesn’t seem to drop for you either. You can find a substitute item, that is not class related.
It’s more flexible than people think it is. They torture themselves by trying to fit into the guides very strictly. That’s what I see anyway.

Over the course of leveling a character several times, I get to recognize some utility skills that may be useful at running Set Dungeons; they’re not hard to identify as they are usually skill rune tweaks that only a Zdps spec would use. If I know my class well, I include those key skills and I’d be fine at any Set Dungeon.

I finished all Monk dungeons and realized that there are a few utility skills that fit into the comfort category for them. I believe, what applies for Monk, goes for other classes as well. You can use online guide as guidance as expected but interpretation rests upon you. That’s the part people seem to skip and ignore. I think this is because they never enjoyed the leveling up, thought outside of the box, neither analyzed their class.

Honest question, but what about gear? If you automatically start at level 70, you’re only going to have level 1 gear equipped while having to deal with level 70 enemies, who would be exceedingly difficult to face, even at normal difficulty due the difference in strength. Sure there will be the challenge rifts to help get some funds and mats to get some usable gear, but even then that’s assuming the first challenge rift of the new season would be doable for most player.

There’s a workaround for it - ask someone to invite you to CR.

No thanks. I always enjoy starting new seasons from scratch with a group of friends, and I don’t need an automatic power level to 70.

Perhaps seasons should stop alltogether and apply the buff to non season instead. Or just a powercreep.

There won’t be many players left anyways after D4 launches…

with Level 70 Yellow Equipment equipped or else Lv70 naked character won’t stand a chance even in normal difficulty.

But yeah, Lv1-70 should go as almost everyone know the real progression in D3 is paragon level.

I’ve had the mastery wings for a long time, I still don’t enjoy doing them. There’s a reason I and I would suspect the large majority of people that are familiar with them pick the one that requires the least effort every season for the journey.

yeah at that point ill grab a rush tho :wink: this was just enough to slap on some jank on and go. not quite the same but i get your point and thanks for the tip