Season 27 Light’s Calling - Has Ended

Nice blog post with beautiful images. :smiley:

Awesome season, I will play ! :star_struck: :+1:

Hmm… DH, Barb, Necro or Wiz as starter… 11 more days to decide, no pressure! :beers:

1 Like

No changes to obviously bugged season themes?

Like, bogadile isnt mentioned and was oneshotting stuff. The spirits from the nova necro theme did nothing previously. Are they just there to increase lag?

1 Like

Nope this dude comes from an item. And we do actually have a dragon. Or two?

Tal might be fun, it’s like a 15 tier boost. Not sure if it’s enough to inspire me to wizard it up, but still.

Slap a multiplier on it, it’s not going to change the fact that raiment is awful. Thank you for making a power that’s usable by Inna and Tempest rush builds as requested from day 1 of the patch notes.

99.9% of monks will be running the bells power, you can go ahead and delete the other two no one will mind.

Meteor/Tal seems like a fun chill build… just teleporting around casting meteor here and there while your “auto” skills do the rest :beers:

Season of lightning? More like season of Crocodile :grin:
I am happy WD can make META group

1 Like

Yeah my gripe with it is that’s great for NS and the overall health of Tal Rasha, Meteor and DMO but what about the season? Our sanctified powers have nothing to do with Meteor so it’s kinda just meh.

I would have rather one of our builds be super strong for a season, give us that S tier juice and highlighting it rather it seems like everything is A tier with seasonal powers - not exactly super exciting. Who knows though as we didn’t test it just assuming, maybe the Star Pact + Meteor shower is really bonkers!

2 Likes

yeah, I am more interested in playing the themes than a build. Well, to a point, lol.

1 Like

For most builds it means switching to RoRG which means no CoE but it also means only needing 5/6 set pieces so there will be room for another legendary. So a nerf, yes, but not the end of the world. Shadow Strafe, for example, can now equip Mantle of Channeling or Cinder Coat or Aquilas, etc. The really lame part of this change is that the 2pc Guardian bonus is still worthless.

My understanding is that the bells power got a slight nerf. Instead of 7 exploding bells, you get 5 max, so the total damage is 5/7 as strong as it was. The LoD WoL build is still probably the strongest build for monk, though raiment is now looking interesting with up to 700% damage buff from sanc 2 power.

2 Likes

Developer’s Note: We heard your feedback regarding the Angelic Crucible drop rate. . . then we doubled it.

Classic. :popcorn: Thanks.

• All Way of the Hundred Fists combo punches use the second stage combo punch. Consecutive hits from Way of the Hundred Fists increases its damage by 2%. Max 350 stacks.

I haven’t attended to PTR but called this Sanctified power rather weak compared to other Monk powers and now it climbs somewhere crazy. A good start for Raiment I believe.

• Guardian’s Jeopardy (3-piece bonus): You gain an additional 100% of your base Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality attributes from equipped items.

Nice call to swap them.

• Crown of the Primus: Slow Time gains the effect of every rune except Point of No Return and permanently follows you.

Good that you removed mass crowd control again.

• Mempo of Twilight: Meteor Shower rune is now applied to all casted Meteors and deals 300–400% increased damage.

My only complaint is that legendary power doesn’t fit with its lore blurb. I was hoping to see this item with a legendary power that mitigates damage when subjected to control impairing effects.

1 Like

I’m calling the Paw Patrol… on the double…

1 Like

I echo this sentiment wholeheartedly! Thank you, d3 team. :hugs:
EDIT: How about enabling that Primus + DMO Teleport reset for DMO speeds? (Would be amazing!)

A Vyr Chantodo rebalance would be nice, that little bug with the double bubble wasn’t always the easiest to work around, but was a nice little cherry on top if you were able to get it placed right.

It’s a bit early to tell from the Meteor changes, but from how Mempo reads it seems this will be required, which I don’t like, however, the potential for area damage here is massive.

Liking that it keeps it out of the realm of archon mostly. EDIT: Nope, Forgot about LoD Archon.

Was hoping to see more attack speed for the manual Meteor builds. I suppose large multiplier with 2 hander will suffice.

At least it looks like they have reprioritized manual Meteors. Fun! :magic_wand: :comet: :boom:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this before, so I’m not sure, but if you get “The Thrill” on non-hardcore and “Superhuman” on HC for a season, does that count as 2 Conquests or 1?

Counts as 2, they all work that way between HC and SC.

StarElven, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: That might be my only way to get 3 this time. Avarice I’ve done before many times–will be my 3rd.

1 Like

Well the Thrill is super easy with LoD. Avarice also with the right prep. I main GoD and doing Boss Mode even solo is fairly easy if you get the right arrangement of bounties/bosses. Those are the 3 I will be doing anyhow.

1 Like

That’s a good dependable arrangement, I have done the HC/SC thing for one season before so it will definitely work for you.

will the damage from Mempo of Twilight affect the meteors from Tal Rasha?