Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

Thank you for the update as well as the change. It’s a shame that WDs and DHs got messed over in this patch. I can only hope that the next patch will be far more favorable to the two classes in terms of balance changes.

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you and the team for taking feedback and providing more detailed patch notes.

The Firebirds set is :fire:. The redesign is amazing. Teleport changes are a welcome surprise. This should leave Wizards in a pretty good spot while other classes receive some attention.

Leaderboard filters will be great for benchmarking and future balancing. Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

Good for FireBird. You found the sweet spot.
:fire: :fire: :fire:

Bones of Rathma ajustements should follow
:skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

So WDs are really dead this time…

Thanks…

1 Like

Nice one for the Firebird. :+1:

Now revert the Gazing Demise nerf.

1 Like

Necro And Wizard get patched, people complain about witch doctors being ignored. Witch doctor gets patched, people complain about barb not getting buffed. Barb gets buffed people complain about no wiz love. I wish people were more constructive…

2 Likes

Curiosity question:

How long does it take to make a single “number” change on a set bonus if everything goes well (coding and QC)?

So y’all are literally ignoring us when we are asking for feedback regarding witch doctor gazing demise nerf? Good to know y’all still don’t care about the community.

We also know your ignoring us as you respond to the firebird but not any other class.

2 Likes

Absolutely perfect!
As 1 bonus revert to last version would have been good, but as I said slightly UP so not great and obviously reverting both would have been OP.
Thank you! <3

1 Like

While you’re right to complain, the status quo is that you should wait for a patch that either re-works a WD set or adds new WD content.

To contrast you here, please remember how many seasons Wizard players had to sit on the sides with nothing to play.

Again, you’re right, but this is how they work. it is what it is.

2 Likes

I’m a main wizard player and as far as having something to play. . . . Wizard has been the most popular dps spec for the most amount of seasons.

In regards to waiting for a witch doctor rework. It was literally just changed.

2 Likes

Thanks, 5000% sounds pretty decent.

3 Likes

the 4pc was the important one, but never mind we work with what we got.

thanks for the update.

Awesome! Can’t wait till Tuesday to try it out!

I don’t think it’s gonna be as powerful as you guys might think, but will see when we get the patch.

3 Likes

Thank you very much FilthieRich!
It is not perfect but it will be possible to use F.B. set in many builds. It is an increase from 10% as it was after the reduction to 25% and I think that if the increase would have been higher as Raxxanterax said next season it would have been brought to a much lower level than it is now and left like that. I played in PTR the first part when FB had 3000 - 2 pieces, 4000 - 4 pieces and 50 stack without rasha then the set had 20% of the power of FB last part of PTR and it was ok but I really liked how to play with and in power it was close to barbarian rend build maybe 2-3 tier below.

The pre-nerf version was doing 7 minute 150s. It’s going to be just fine now.

2 Likes

I would have one question as I anticipate wow classic burning crusade release date will have a date close to the launch of season 24 of Diablo 3.
Could we talk about having a launch difference between them for at least 2 weeks? I played from 2006 to 2010 World of Warcraft I stopped after the appearance of the Cataclysm expansion and I switched to Diablo 3 I know I’m an almost casual player playing about 1-2 hours a day maximum and not every day depends on the service and family.

Can we at the very least get an explanation as to why GoD DH was not adjusted? Demon Hunters are currently the only class in the game without an A or S tier build according to Maxroll.gg (a dedicated D3 information website). With the nerf, Firebirds was an A tier build and now it will join Crusaders and Necromancers as an S tier build (not to mention Energy Twister builds were already S tier).

This kind of class favoritism is not good for the health of the community. As a Demon Hunter main who spent a lot of hours coming up with valid ideas to address the problem (the developers simply mentioned missile dampening was the only issue), I feel that my feedback has fallen on deaf ears again.

17 Likes

Hopefully with the set leaderboard filters, Blizzard can get better estimates of all the class set power. I bet you could have a few of us to look over the data and to make reasonable suggestions for number tweaks to improve intraclass and interclass parity.

4 Likes