Season 21 - Trials of Tempests is NOW LIVE!

Oh, and I was very happy seeing only one really bad (all acts in 1 hour, I guess impossible for solo, couldn’t make even with turbo fast Inarius (440% MS) that makes Bosses Conquest solo in 16 min).
I am kinda freak for achievements, always in top 100 (usually top 50) on EU and US. Well, if one is not in high GRs, must find something else, no matter how useless😂
Now, it of course depends of character, but if you start with DH you can easily finish all journey in a whimp, and then you can go building any other char if DH is not your fav. Why?
All other Conquests are TRIVIAL wih UE Multishot (Speed Demon and Curses are joke with it), and above all, this time 2 piece bonus is Shadow. That means, the very evening of the beginning of S21, u have 6000% dmg bonus. I tried so many times, even if I didn’t go with DH that season but Shadow was a gift - I always started with DH. Conqueror is done in 3 days, and few days later, Guardian also (needs some time only because of 40 cubed items).
Of course, there are many other fast builds. Monk is also very nice for all this, Inarius and WW Barb are great for Speed Demon and Avarice but, strangely, not so for Curses.

Bro…it is a 45% increase at most.

The old buff would have been 8.45x increase.

The new buff will be (8)(1.45) for a total of 11.6x. About 2.5 GRs of damage if you get all three 15% Bone Spear rolls. Hardly sufficient.

1 Like

Trials of no thank you.

What a joke. I get that the games been struggling for awhile now but every other season is just complete trash it seems like. We get something good then some light show of lame to cover up the lack of effort put into the actual classes themselves.

Necro sets have been RIP status since LoD is the only viable way to play. One class always gets favored for a whole season thus making any sort of group activity limited because if you don’t run meta you don’t exist.

I don’t even know why I’m ranting cause it’ll be the same disappointment next patch when we buff the bovine bardiche and use all other resources to tweak gob damage so t16 vaults go faster. Season buff will be zoltan doesn’t laugh when the cube pops out a poorly rolled primal. The masses will eat that up I bet.

4 Likes

Additive:
700% + 45% = 745%
745% rise = factor 8.45.
Multiplicative:
700% rise is facto 8, 45% rise is factor 1.45, combined is 8x1.45 = 11.6.
Difference between 2 ways:
11.6/8.45 = 1.37, so we have 37% more dmg with multiplicative.
Thats about 2 GR.

2 Likes

8x1.45

It’s not multiplying your damage by 45.

As Negator has mentioned, it would be 8*1.45 for the multiplicative, and additive Maltorius’ would be 8+0, as no one would intentionally pair Bone spear skill damage on gear if it’s additive.

11.6/8 is, you guessed it = 1.45

• log(1.45, 1.17) = 2.366590347 GRs

However, I’d think most players, especially at lower paragons would opt for VIT instead of skill% on either helm or source, as the toughness there would be nice too. In that case:

• log(1.3, 1.17) = 1.671070063 GRs

So, at least ~1.67 GRs increase, but up to ~2.36 GRs increase.

It’s large enough to be noticeable, small enough to not change much of anything, especially when considering the toughness trade-off.

I have to say, I’m a bit more excited for gearing with Masquerade. It still likely needs more damage, but at least this is a good start. —I think I’m still in shock from the last minute Hydra nerfs after 2.6.8 PTR.

I’m excited for next season though! Thanks to PezRadar for providing the info.

2 Likes

Also regardless of how bad (or good) you are at PEMDAS, multiplicative or not there is no saving how absolutely awful the new necro set is.

Enjoy your day!

This one interests me a lot. Depending what time the patch is tomorrow, I can sneak on just after patching and snag a screenshot of a high ranking clearance with a comparatively low GR level, just for the lols.

1 Like

Yeah, I see. I’m not sure why I was compartmentalizing D3 math to be its own thing with its own formulae. Makes sense now.

No, not impossible for solo, but definitely a fair bit harder than with a group. If you haven’t done it before, it usually takes some practice before you are able to reliably solo it.

Also, necro definitely isn’t the easiest class to solo it on. Monk (Raiment 4p, lots of RCR, CDR, and spirit regen for infinite dash) is by far the easiest if you want to knock it out solo.

(source: I’ve soloed it on all 7 classes)

2 Likes

TVM for the advice.
I was told the BOSSES is practically impossible solo, but as I said, managed countless times with Inarius under 16 min (it IS the build with by far the greatest constant MS of 440%), so concluded it is the best for this conquest, too. However, no matter how easy it is on T10, you still have to fast kill bosses, while here you can go on Normal completely disregarding mobs most of the time, so obviously my conclusion was wrong. Inarius was 12 min overdue in my best attempt, so I quitted.

Are you kidding? 3 easy conquests: 45 solo without set items, 350 monsters chest, T10 in 2mn… piece of cake this season!

2 Likes

Was my thought at first, too, but then I remembered this season when started with Barb. You wouldn’t think that even with WW 350 mobs are pain in the ***. All those seasons used DH so was trivial, but it is not so for many other classes.

Those are the ones I do too. Especially since I play Solo these days. (And you don’t have to create a second Seasonal Character).

1 Like

Yes is easier with DH, especially the 350 monsters…

I am always happy when gift is Shadow.
Jump on T10 within very few hours of the beginning of season.

It seems that a lot of folks are disappointed about various things this season, and I do understand the frustration. I’m by no means a Blizzard apologist here, but I do feel compelled to point out that these seasons are free to play. I think we should feel lucky to have unpaid updates to the game that’s over 8 years old, also the fact that there’s no micro-transactions to offset the dev and/or devs working to bring us these seasons. Am I the only one that feels this way?

11 Likes

I’d personally prefer 7 more character slots so I can make the new sets on fresh characters and not mess up my current armoury set ups.

But 2 more stash tabs would be appreciated none the less. I haven’t gotten a single new set on this account yet due to both having to not having space and messing up my armoury profiles.

2 Likes

That’s great about the quick turnaround. I was kind of expecting a longer than usual gap due to the virus so I’m glad to hear I guessed wrong.

2 Likes