Fixed Maltorious, what does it mean?

As you can see in the patchnote fixes, they said that maltorious petrified spike is now multiplicative instead of additiv.

What exactly to was it additiv? The whole setbonus, so that it was 10.700%?
Or was it only to the on gear rolled 3x 15%s?

It was originally additive between 700% and 45% (from skill bonuses on gears). On Live, the 700% is gonna be multiplicative and no longer adds to skill bonuses from gears. In short, it is a marginal buff.

mhm i know about this already. And i kinda am surprised that its just this small buff.

And when i thought about it i was like maybe it was also additiv with the setbonus. This would then be a huge buff :frowning:

We’ll see tomorrow, I suppose.

Is it marginal?

When the set bonus is +10,000% adding Maltorious to the mix makes the total damage (ignoring all other +damage buffs to keep it simple) +10,700%.

If it’s multiplicative instead that makes it + 80,000%. Hardly marginal.

Highly doubt it was meant that way. As, if Maltorious was additive to the set multiplier before the change, the new set wouldn’t even able to break 100. And that’s being generous.

No, I think what was said in the above thread is right. Looking at d3planner, Maltorious is indeed a ‘skill damage’ multiplier. The change makes Maltorious a normal multiplier like any other one you can think of. Their math is a little bit off, but yes, it’s around 37% increase in damage, max. Realistically it’s more 25% buff. It will be easier on low gr, but at the end level, it really is only around 2 gr difference.

What it means is they ignored us on PTR with damage values yet again and just so happen to do a bug fix that increased it’s power slightly. It needed a 7-8 GR buff not a 2 GR buff.

Things like CE, CL, Mages and LoD Scythe still completely embarrass it. But hey if you want to do bounty runs without relying on super CDR gear and LoTD this be your set.

That it is too weak is obvious.

What wasnt really clear to me if its just addtive to the 45% on gear or on the setbonus.

If it was to happen that it was additive with the whole setbonus, this wouldve been a huge buff. And i had no chance to test it on ptr (should be obvious if you run a 90 with and without the weapon in cube).

Seems like just a marginal buff then. And not even a buff, just a fix that gives rougly 2 gr levels more :confused:

The set is worse than typhoons veil

Masquerade is more desirable than it’s LoD counterpart, hence, it is already better off than Typhon’s was at last season’s start.

It’s a lot more complex than that though, Bone Spear was a terrible skill at it’s core, it needed a lot more help than hydras.

I will say with my testings on both the sets, even with the multiplier change from additive it’s still going to be a few GR’s behind Typhons in comparison however much better for speeds.

2 Likes

both of the sets need serious help.

The hydra on is basically a channel-shield playstyle. The hydra is just there and deals the damage.

I was personally hyped for exact those both sets and im prolly ranting because its those 2 sets that simply su*k the most.

And in the future there will still be wds jumping onto the forum when they get nerfed and tell me, that necro is a simple p2w class