Season 21 - Idea - Grandeur Impériale - Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 2

Season 21 - Idea - Grandeur Impériale - Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 2

Introduce a new ring:

Grandeur Impériale
Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 2

Can be used in conjunction with Grandeur Royale

Motivation:
Opens a path to use 2 x 6 pieces bonus sets
(all classes concerned, but especially true for Necromancers)
… at the cost of loosing a ring slot
(less damage or defense)

See also

1 Like

I can see an immense power creep explosion happening here, running two full 6 piece set bonuses? Holy shNikes.

4 Likes

Same thing was said for Season 19 & 20 powers, and finally game remains balanced.

Diablo 4 is coming.

Time to be crazy.

You’d be able to use three sets on a wizard, with your proposed ring + RoRG.

E.g. Tal’s source + amulet + belt, Typhon’s pants, boots, gloves, Vyr’s chest, shoulders, helm.
TP: Calamity + Archon: Combustion + Static Discharge + Frost Hydra + MW:Deflection (or Black Hole: Absolute Zero) + armor. Typhon’s 2p means hydras last the full duration of Archon.

You would only be able to run either Swami or Fazula’s in the cube, couldn’t fit both. You’d have to take Swami and run without Fazula’s, which would be okay since you’d get Archon stacks from Vyr6 anyway. And you wouldn’t be able to fit Obsidian Ring and Karini, you’d have to take one or the other. Or maybe even CoE with 68% CDR for Archon CoE sync. Hmmmm…

Wouldn’t just be limited to that setup either, basically any combination of Tal’s source + amulet + belt, and then 3 pieces each of any two of (Firebird’s, Delsere’s, Vyr’s, Typhon’s) to fill out the six armor slots would work.

I think it only works for wizards because I think they are the only class with three non-armor set pieces?

And monks actually! Ohhhh boy. Inna’s daibo + belt + boots, Sunwuko’s amulet + helm + shoulders, PoJ chest + pants + gloves. Pretty sure monks would rule the world with this setup.

Don’t think any other classes could do three full sets.

Barb: IK has mighty belt + mighty weapon, everything else is a regular armor slot, not enough for 3x3
DH: Nat’s has hand crossbow + ring, everything else is a regular armor slot, not enough for 3x3
WD: Zuni has mojo + ring, everything else is a regular armor slot, not enough for 3x3
Crusader: has Akkhan amulet and Invoker bracers, but not enough for 3x3
Necro: has no non-armor set pieces :frowning:

2 Likes

Pick 2 or 3 sets among 5 is an interesting mechanic.

It is unclear if players would be able to efficiently use 3 sets bonuses. Some synergy between boosted skills is required, plus cooldowns, etc.

Handling 2 sets is manageable, but 3 sets surely require some expertise.

That will never happen. Why? Season 19. Too many people will whine and cry about it.

ITS TOO OVER POWERED ERMA GERD AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Of course nothing will actually stop them from logging in and enjoying what they were just bichen about. Its okay for them, just no one else.

its an interesting idea for a season theme

problem is the addition of the ring, if they make it a fixed seasonal buff that goes away again at the end of the season it could be fun. But with the ring t would be permanent

1 Like

Step 2
All sets are available for all classes, allowing more combinations.

My first idea was to cube all sets, but I find the idea of a ring (or a seasonal bonus) better.

So if I put this ring on I would gain the the 2 piece bonus of every set? :joy::joy::joy:

it wouldn’t work so swell without the said supporting legos to make set powerful.

Monk could utilize 3 sets effectively, since Poj and MKG uses the same base skill Sweeping Wind add in Inna’s which boosts all and you have a perfect synergy.

Well… most supporting legendaries gives 4-5x and you’ve got 3 of those or you get a 9x or 10x, plus another 3-4x. So generally they give close to 50-70x in total. Most complete sets offer 100x.

So the issue becomes whether or not you have slots, and if some of those legendaries also empowers the playstyle to be functional. For instance, Inna’s doesn’t work very well without the boots. HotA barb doesn’t work without GoJ. But that’s what is most likely gonna balance things out again.

GOOD BUT OP! How about this!

Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 2 but you can have only ONE 6p bonus at a time (and ofc we no need RoRG)

its about 6p + 4p but im still not sure about DH SM

I was really expecting to see a legendary gem “Gem of ** Grandeur”. A gem with the lvl 25 attribute = the ring and the first attribute an aura of some sort.

Are you sure? Think about it, how many multipliers can you collect with 3 complete sets, and compare that with today. Then remember that a season is only 3 months and you are allowed to reach GR150 within 5K paragon. That is what the season is for.

And then again compare it to 2 complete sets (which a -2 items would allow for). They really don’t seem that different to a point where the RoRG has to be put out of commission.

why 3 complete sets? give me example plz!

If you allow for RoRG and grant a -2 items for a set, you can get to 3 items for the 6p bonus.
That allows you to achieve 3 sets with their 6p bonus. However the thing is that most have very select skills or depend on certain skills, while only one set will act as a general multiplier.

So with the -2 bonus you could wear 4+4 for 2 6p bonuses that complement each other, but adding a 3rd set, doesn’t necessarily break that because it would be another skill at similar level. And then you are limited to cube power, and weapon/offhand bracers anyway. Like Nat’s and UE could work together, you’d lose Yang’s and Crimson’s. But gain a new bonus instead, and the items doesn’t allow for a third set anyway for DH.

You can on Monk thou with Sunwuko and Inna’s and add in Patterns of Justice, but adding Patterns still loose you 2 legendary items, and Inna’s does need the boots, so you are very limited anyways on your options.

On the flip side, you can make a Wizard with Tal Rasha, Vyr’s and Firebird’s which means while not in Archon you have Tal Rasha and 4 elements with the bonus stacks from Vyr’s , and then rotate into a fire Archon and utilize the Firebirds and Vyr’s.

Granting merely an additional item by not allowing multiple bonuses is not far away from the S20 theme, as it comes down to how many legendary affixes can you assemble. So let’s get more crazy. It’s only 3 months anyway.

NO! i mean not this! :angry:

read again…

i mean with this season buff I can use for example:

Head - Marauder’s Visage
Shoulders - Marauder’s Spines
Torso - Cage of the Hellborn
Gloves - Fiendish Grips
Pants - Natalya’s Leggings
Boots - Natalya’s Bloody Footprints
Hand Crossbow - Natalya’s Slayer
Ring - Natalya’s Reflection

and all these items will give…

bonus 2 and 4 from Embodiment of the Marauder
bonus 2 and 4 from Unhallowed Essence
bonus 2 and 4 and 6 from Natalya’s Vengeance

anyway its cool bcs we have 2 free leg items even without a mix set :slightly_smiling_face:

How about a season experimenting with an actual skill tree?

Something huge, something engrossing, something coarse and salty.

Lets see how the D3 community receives this seasonal event (the skill tree).

As much as you can carry at least 2 pieces of every set.
That said, 2 pieces generally do not give you multipliers.
It would only be interesting in early game, or for very special builds.