Season 18 The Season of A Waste of Time

They cut the numbers last season. Earning a 13th tab this season was the max. This season you can earn stash but only if you have less then 13 tabs currently otherwise you can nothing extra

1 Like

Yeah we got sold a lemon about stash last season and how it “broke” things.

Now this season we cant get a single pet, banner, wings, portrait frame or stash tabs for doing the season.

Well played ActiBluzz, well played :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::gun:

4 Likes

What maybe im not making this clear
If you have 12 tabs which isn’t the max. Then it is possible to earn 1 more.
How ever if like myself you already have 13 tabs then even getting guardian based on all information from Blizz. I will remain at 13 tabs
Also the cosmetics available this season are all copy pasted from Season 5. So NOTHING cosmetic or stash wise is actually available for most players. The only players benefiting stash wise would be players who dont already have the max.

1 Like

Keyblade, are you actually saying that you won’t
be posting your usual,“I did the journey in 24 hours, and
there is nothing to do now thread?”

2 Likes

yeah it’s kinda a waste of time, thats why the NS high paragon people (6k para) I know use bots and is easy to spot that because they go afk or busy for hours and don’t answer any message, only only if u really like this game you still will play it manually like me!, im still in this, but i really hope they bring more content to the game…

1 Like

Totally agreed. This season sucks big poodles >__< the 3 circles don’t do anything more than what Oculus ring can already accomplish. Half of the new legendary affixes are also useless LOL not sure whose brilliant idea this was :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah cause Season 18 has NOTHING worth playing for so theres already nothing to do.
No stash
No cosmetics
Why bother ? Just sticking to NS till S19
I mighy get a guild mate to power me to 70 just so i have a character but nothing massive

Also Yeah a bit off topic but you can tell who the cheats are . 4k in a season . Unless your a mindless drone who lives and breath D3 your 100% cheating in my eyes or at minimum using 3rd party programs to help ur apparent success. Wish Blizzars would do something. But with the lack of energy the seasons are gettimg i doubt any enefgy Will go into removing big cheaters

I don’t recall any of your complaints about the Journey being that it didn’t have new rewards. It’s not like this is the first time the rewards have cycled, either.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sad you claim you won’t be complaining as per usual about it. I just don’t believe you.

1 Like

The jourmey as always will be a piece of cake to finish. But every season has had at least 1 thing new or cosmetic. Thats the disappointimg fact. I still dont like how easy the so called journey is but blizzard isnt going to change it. They will still cater to the epic casual as always
Fresh start some might like and fair enough but for someone whos been playimg since release surely i would think give those players something rather then the impossible task od being on the leaderboard when its full of cheats and botters therefore if you do get a ranking csuse you grind or no life its by no means accurate

Personally speaking, the game is pretty stale anyways, so this season
isn’t going to make it any less so.
What I am hoping for is a new Diablo game myself.
Even if they spiced this game up a lot, a new game would be so much more
fun.

This season is pretty weird for me. I couldn’t even manage to finish reading the patch notes. I guess it is over even before it starts.

The reason there is no new cosmetic next season is because it is one of the most difficult new things to implement into D3, and they have been working on the new items instead.
Personally i am quite happy to have a bunch of new items to play around with for the first time in a very long time, rather than the usual unlockable cosmetic.
People have second chances to earn old rewards that they missed now, so i would be glad if they focused their work more on updating old items and patching in new ones for a few seasons, rather than working on new cosmetics which people have many of at this point.
Yes new cosmetics are nice but new items are just as good, if not better.

How is this difficult to implement?

As explained by our community manager:

And you take others words and think they are all true?
Just like before, when they wrote about “we hear you”, then proceeded to do nothing?

Or when they wrote about not being finished with Barbarians and did nothing for them?

You do realise that every word can be intrepeted differently and this might be translated to = we don’t got many workers on D3, cause they are moved onto other projects and therefore don’t got time to implement much in D3. That COULD be the meaning of it.
Unless you are a programmer or know about how cosmetic things can be implemented or not/how difficult it is, there is no telling if it’s true or not

To be fair it’s not like we got nothing. The newly buffed crafting sets and items does change even top builds up a bit to use them. My wizard wearing 4 sets was pretty damn cool (Vyr’s, Chants, Endless Walk, Aughilds), plus a new weapon other than lame boring Furnace. But yah…wearing an extra set, having a new weapon, that’s basically it and that will get old fast so I feel yah.

If anything, D3 likely has more people on it’s classic games development team now because of work on Warcraft: Reforged beginning to come to an end. It would explain the resurgence of new patches since seasonal themes were introduced, we didn’t have these patches 1 or 2 years ago.
And i would also argue that new cosmetics get old faster than new items do.

Yeah, there’s no way I could look at the Chinese client, with its plethora of wings that aren’t available in the Western client, and think that it’d be quite easy to copy an already live (so, art done, model done, QA done, testing done) set of wings from one region’s client to another within a 3.5 month time period. I’d totally need to be a programmer to work out how possible that would be.

5 Likes

I was very excited when Season 16 was announced, and I was very excited when Season 17 was announced, as well. But, I am definitely not excited for Season 18 or Patch 2.6.6. :disappointed:

Without new cosmetics or a Seasonal buff that actually merits a fresh start, Season 18 would be a waste of my time, especially when I can try to upgrade the new legendary gem in non-Seasonal mode, instead. And, without any meaningful changes to the game in Patch 2.6.6, I cannot help but think that the Developers wasted their time, as well. Of course, when they choose to largely ignore the community and go their own direction, that is to be expected.

How hard is it to recycle cosmetics from the China client? And, how hard would it have been to remove the :poop:'y Blackthorne’s Set from the loot pool and make it a crafted Set for the Blacksmith, and/or to convert the Blackthorne’s amulet into a third, interchangeable Set piece for the Legacy of Nightmares Set? But, I suppose those changes would have been too obvious.

As for Season 18, right now I am out. :-1:

People are actually calling it Season of Hopscotch. Season where ranged classes will get a slight advantage over the melee class.

1 Like