Season 18 The Season of A Waste of Time

No new cosmetics
No new stash tab
No new pet
Seasonal cosmetics no longer unique your just going to keep recycling and eventualy everyone will have them causing your lazy AF developersmm unless catering to Chinese … what a joke
Whats the point… The fresh start haha Blizzard i didnt think you new how to be more disengaged from your playerbase.
You have surprise me yet again

15 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’ll be allowed to earn a new stash tab… otherwise what was the point of saying players can earn up to 4 more additional stash tabs starting last season?

3 Likes

If you already have 13 which i do. Your not getting another one. Max available atm is 13 tabs

3 Likes

I am not sure what you are talking about. Although Blizzard stated that we could earn several additional tabs in the first PTR notes from the prior patch, their “testing” indicated that it caused problems. As a result, that patch only allowed for the addition of 1 additional tab, raising the maximum posduble to 13.

4 Likes

I’m referring to the change that came with 2.6.5

Quality of Life

• Additional stash space has been made available for all players
    • PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9
2 Likes

That got changed and they updated the patch notes. The total earned through Seasons is now 5. We only got 1 more, not 5. There are huge threads about it on the forums at the time when the official patch notes were changed.

7 Likes

Wait, seriously?

Please tell me you’re joking.

That was literally the only thing I thought Barbarians got last patch. So they got nothing last patch? lol

1 Like

Yes, seriously. It was discussed to death when the final notes for the last patch were finalized. Apparently the extra tabs caused “performance issues” and they were only able to grant us one new tab through seasons.

A major portion of the issue why can’t get more tabs seems to stem down to a fact that the entire content of the stash of each player in the same game has to be synchronized with each other player. Even if the entire content was BoA, it needs to get synchronized and loaded in to the RAM of other players. To make long story short, it’s a huge load of technical stupidity.

6 Likes

Nope. Not joking. It caused serious technical issues on the PTR they said so they cut back to one tab and the Consoles ended up with zero new stash. I guess it was worse there. The game engine is really old and they did not, apparently, plan for major stash space changes. I won’t get into it. I am still frustrated even if I sort of understand.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/patch-notes/2-6-5

Reading the final notes maybe we did not even get a single tab more?

In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we ultimately had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now.

3 Likes

lol what a joke…

Well, guess I’m glad I didn’t force myself to play this past season. I guess I have plenty of time to earn my one extra stash tab.

I’m am not sure that this is an accurate statement. Blizzard claimed that there stress testing demonstrated that there was a problem with increasing the stash space too much. The PTR thread asking for reports of gameplay issues caused by extra stash tabs NEVER had any reports of said problems. This observation was not lost on several of us.

8 Likes

I know. I joined you all in discussing it to death. I agree there were no real player reported issues. I had my say in full in the other threads.

At this point though I don’t see any use in rehashing it. We had thousands of posts about it already and I don’t think anyone is going to change their mind. Not us, nor Blizz. I am not happy about the current situation, but it is what it is for now.

5 Likes

So all in all
This season 18 is just a complete joke and offers nothing. Sure you can play lets run into the circles if you want. Gameplay wise you might aswell play NS and improve what you have rather then grind it all again. So bloody disappointing that they couldnt at least at a new transmog

3 Likes

What they said was that they couldn’t just give everyone more stash space; which was what had been implied/read into with the original announcement of five more tabs. If it was that critical an issue we wouldn’t have been able to earn a new tab this season, right? Don’t fret, we’ll be able to earn a new tab this coming season. Where and when was it announced that this seasons tab was the absolute last one evah? It wasn’t.

You Truely are a space cadet if you think S18 will allow a 14th Stash Tab
But feel free to proceed to believe. Blizzard made it clear to Servers couldnt handle giving us more stash. So again . SEASON OF POINTLESSNESS

7 Likes

It’s clear that D3 players wants a new type of “cosmetics” to be obtainable in every season, why is that so hard to understand blizzard? Every season should have an old cosmetic and a new cosmetic, that fixes everything.

2 Likes

The point is for you to complete the Journey in 15 hours and come back here to whine about it.

It’s a tradition now.

10 Likes

Nah no point if the journey has NOTHING to earn. Another 3 months of NS for me

3 Likes

Well I mean last season T16 came out, plus buffed sets and a power creep of the seasonal theme. This season you basically can get that seasonal theme after leveling the new gem and the things from last season plus buffy circles so yes essentially you didn’t miss anything.

Interesting. And yet, we could earn a new stash tab this reason. So can the servers handle us having more stash, or not?

So again…Blizzard made it clear they couldn’t give everyone more stash space, but it was still available to earn via the seasonal journey. Why would it be different next season?