S22 QoL list - add your own

With balance being the main aim of the next patch or so, QoL changes are a perfect shoe-in since it’s all supposed to be an improvement. So without further ado:

:boom: “salvage all legendaries in inventory” button - the double bounties bonus is a glaring indication of WHY we’ve needed this since forever.

:boom: disable Rift pylon in MP games tagged as “Bounties” - also a glaring issue that griefers, trolls and leechers like to take advantage of, running rifts/grifts instead of pulling their weight.

:boom: Party Leader (aka the player who created that session) should be able to kick other players in the party without a vote - to counter the griefing that goes on when, for example, 2 players invade Bounty games and start running rifts, thus making it impossible to kick. Or when you have more than 1 bot in your party that refuses to kick the other.

:boom: Remove the “you cannot kick this player right now” whenever someone is camped by a boss or contemplating their navel in town. This is abused by bots and leechers. I don’t care if that bot is having tea with the Pope, I want it GONE.

:boom: Pets pick up crafting mats - why is this not a feature already? Yes I’ve heard the previous excuse the devs gave, and it’s crap. Try again.

:boom: Remove several annoying prompt windows that pop up right in the middle of your screen/vision, like “you’ve joined a pub, your follower will return to town” as if I don’t know that already. Or needing to confirm twice a boss fight dialogue in MP “ohoho 2 of the players have declined, you not too chicken to still fight, are ya??

:boom: Remove the “cannot enter a boss fight while a boss encounter is going on”. We’re supposed to sit around for 30-120 seconds to wait for the stupid boss animation to finish so they can kill it, so we can get on with our own boss fight - made even worse by excruciatingly long spawn/death animations like Malthael/Leoric or the multiple-stage fights.

:boom: Close rift/grift at any time without being forced to restart game. Self explanatory.

:boom: Remove doors from grift levels. Korvus, Keeps + Cathedral are the biggest offenders.

:boom: Remove Keeps + Shrouded Moors maps from rifts.

:boom: Followers shared across toons in the same mode, instead of having to constantly swap their gear from toon to toon.

Added to over time.

11 Likes

Probably already said somewhere else, but in bounty runs i would disable only G Rifts, not normal rifts, as some groups are efficient enough to have on in rifts grinding xp while the others get the caches.

I agree with most of the rest.

As for me, the usual:

• Give Followers a slot in Kanai’s Cube for Follower Items (Relic, Focus, Token).
  • quick buy at Kadala
  • no close timer in solo NR
  • no “game running while You see loading screen in solo game” ( and You lose shrine/pylon/buff effect ) and then lacuni in yo face. Just pause the game like when pressing “esc”
1 Like
  • Dropdown menu to Kadala to switch loot tables to different class. It’s a small thing but it shouldn’t be necessary to switch class to be able to gamble gear for that class. Also this reduces server load as the unnecessary session restarts get reduced.

• Quick reset of bounties without restarting the session. Also contributes to reducing server load.

• Disable certain UI elements in GRs. I don’t want to for example write anything in the chat screen during GR just because my cursor is targeting enemies where the chat screen is.

6 Likes

Absolutely not. Far too open to the leader abusing it.

12 Likes

Yes!
(And please remove 16 characters required aswell)

So… We’re having another one of those threads? At least you’re not trying to hide it.

To get over that shortly you’re forced to pick up important items as a punishment for speedfarm builds, so build diversity in public games are ensured. This will prevent elitism, inflammation for kicking non-speedfarm players and will allow people to use different builds without minding efficiency out of a challenge mode that is Greater Rifts.
Secondary reason is that, so you’d have cooldown cycles to balance up again as you pick up and lose it. It’s the only challange left in standard difficulties and without picking up anything farming sessions would be pretty similar to Greater Rifts. Want challenge? Play Greater Rifts.
Sometimes just take their silence as an answer. It’s been years.

Ain’t gonna happen. Too open to abuse.

It’s 20

If pets picking up crafting mats is too much to ask, then at the very least the mats should get walk over auto pickup. The mats no longer take actual inventory space so there no longer exists any valid excuse to keep them manual pickup only.

6 Likes

I agree with a few of those and some I agree with probably can’t be done.
Walking over mats to pick up, YES, especially as you don’t need space for them so it should be like picking up gold.
Reset GR absolutely! Not rifts, but GR yes.
Change of class at Kadala I agree with and never thought about. Awesome idea. No more, hang on I’m going to get my barb to shard, out, in, out, back in. Ok ready to go again.
While I agree with doors in GR’s and some maps are annoying, that’s just the luck of the game.
I find more annoying that ghost that is at 1% health while fishing for a PB flying off into the walls of nowhere, but can’t follow me through a gap between 2 trees… come on! That does my head in every time!
Salvage all legs… I keep stuff in my tab on me all the time.
Maybe a Haedrig has a box, like the cube, you right click everything in there and click salvage, then you get the pop up are you sure… just in case.
Then it salvages everything at once.
Oh and reset of Bounties… good idea, not sure it’s possible.

Alot of my QOL beefs are with the gameplay itself. Wallers stay up too long or can be reactivated too quickly. Frozen pulse overlaps, so one elite can have 2 going at once. Molten exploding doesn’t hurt you while it’s building up but Frozen does and hurts less when it actually goes off.
As mentioned before, trying to get mobs to follow you, they just stand there in doorways and on corners looking at you… but if you want to get away from something it’ll follow you back to town and be waiting for you next game!
GR progress discs spawning EVERYWHERE, just where you killed the damn thing is fine, thanks.

2 Likes

Oh, and fix the density in GR’s… PLEASE.
Balance it out.
Playing solo, it’s a nightmare, 2 things here, 5 over there, 4 over there… ok gathered 25 things together, that’s 2% progress… Next map

1 Like

They did this better, or tried do, just did a half-competent job of it. Pretty typical for D3.

• Remove 4 players party benefits.
3 Likes

Except you don’t get any XP unless you’re in the rift as well, unless that has been changed…

As opposed to what, the ongoing abuse of all the votekicking-avoidance mechanics? Yeah good stuff there, pro.

Oh they’ve supposedly tried several times, but at this stage I’m just convinced they’re either too incompetent to manage it, or are doing it on purpose to annoy us, because we’re so vocally critical of them (for good reason).

The XP from T16 Nephalem Rifts is trivial to high-end groups. The reason they split their parties between rifts and bounties is that whilst some of them clear bounties, one of them is doing the T16 rift. When the guardian dies, they teleport to it, collect their GR keys, and go back to the bounties. The person running the rifts gets bounty caches, the people running the bounties get GR keys.

2 Likes

An interface that allowed one to see the inventory and equipment of all their characters from the game’s menu after selecting your character, similar to how we were able to do so when we had the auction house.

2 Likes

I already wroted YES! = 4
20-4 = 16 characters…
:joy:

Or they can use the old AH interface for that. It’s been suggested several times before.

Yes, that’s pretty much what I was suggesting.

Rifts are for lazy people. A speedfarmer can complete at least 2 rifts in the same time it takes the bounty runner to complete a full act.

Try again tomorrow.