S20 start date was supposed to be released last week

This was posted (and stickied) on 2/14. It states they ‘will be providing a S20 preview sometime next week that will include the start date for the next Season’.
Next week being 2/16-2/22…

3 Likes

Someone read everything wrong. As stated seasons 19 ends march 1st. You might of read into it a bit to much

Maybe they meant: sometime the following week (after 1 March)…

Blue answered in another thread. Sounds like a virus swept thru the office. Delayed until this week.

It’s eithter on tuesday or wednesday up.

I had wanted to (and, way back when, originally planned) to publish it last week. A number of last-minute publishing conflicts and illnesses caused delays.

We intend to ensure the publication of the S20 preview before Patch 2.6.8 deploys in the near future. That should still give you guys a heads up on what’s happening, before it happens. :slight_smile:

I know it’s later than originally anticipated; this is part of why we typically don’t provide time estimations. Things can, and often do, happen. If I’m being honest, I thought I had scrubbed all posts of time estimations for that reason, but it’s clear I missed one. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s on me, personally.

Thanks for bearing with us. :heart:

25 Likes

I hope you get it out tomorrow! I think the forums will REVOLT if you don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand you are trying to do your job, but this people doesn’t deserve this kind of explication. I mean Matthew yesterday said that patch notes will come soon and that should please them more then enough.

Whoever ( like the guy which i’ll quote in a min ) is looking to starting a “revolution” because of a date which we all know will come soon, needs to chill or have a walk ( in the park? ).

Today is the 25th. Including today, they still have 5 more days to get the info to us w/in the February deadline.

Why was I thinking March 1st? Huh. That doesnt even make sense as a start date!

WHOOOOOSH. Right over your head. It was a joke. I added a smiley face.

Please start the 28th or the 6th at the lastest. I have another game i’m playing on the 13th weekend soooo pls? :smiley:

It’s not gonna be 28th. 6th? Maybe but still the chance’s pretty low.

Couple questions:

• Will this SNAFU have consequences like a delayed season start? Season 20 should start March 6th (with little less than one week down time before players can jump back into action)

• How does a company with roughly 10’000 employees mess up such a simple task like posting a start date for an in-game season? One could argue you guys grew so fat and sluggish that you cant even create distinct and original games with all the employees getting their influence onto your games. A soup with 1000 ingredients likely wont be as good as a soup with less than 20 ingredients. Games are no different IMO.

That being said, I hope all of you guys will get better soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks more and more like a 13th of March start to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally, if I was working in a tech company and I was sick. I would take a half day off to see a doctor. If it’s not contagious, I go back to the office. If it is, I work from home.

You should know, that the next Season will (most likly) Start on Fr. 13 … or maybe even Fr the 6.

So there is still enough Time to make the announchement.

They don’t give date because they struggle to fix bugs and balance.

They don’t know if they will be ready to release the 6th or the 13th.

3 Likes

If thats the case, it would be even more of a reason to say nothing …
Coz either you guys would cry again, if they have to move the date.

Or they feel responsible to lunch it and then we have 1/3 of the Season filled again with bugs and/or People who abuse some Loopholes.

No THX

MfG Balbero

Good Loot ; Have Fun

If a company spokesperson says an announcement will happen by a certain date, and that date comes and goes without said announcement being made, I’d suggest that it’s perfectly reasonable to ask why the announcement didn’t happen.

It’s about managing customer expectations. If they get an announcement before they were expecting it, they’re happy. If you promise them an announcement, fail to give it to them, and then ignore questions about where the announcement is, they’re going to feel upset. It’s better to not give a date than to give a date and miss it.

3 Likes