S-19 Group Join Bug

While not perfect, it feels like this problem has gotten better. I’ve been having much better luck at inviting and receiving invites.

Appreciate the comms M.Ced.

1 Like

I agree. I was fighting this issue months ago, but it got much worse. That patch, subsequent season start, and the sheer epic volume of players online at season start, kicked this annoying bug into over drive. I mean, what’s the damn point of online only with this bug lasting for months. This isn’t the first time a bug has persisted for 3+ months and it won’t be the last. I get that bugs like these can happen, but its like the classic games team was blind sided. What I suspect is as they start digging into the D3 code and trying to fix this bug they are going to stumble upon a treasure trove of more bugs. So we’ll have a cycle of find bugs, fix bugs, stumble upon more bugs, fix more bugs, stumble upon more bugs, and on and on.

2 Likes

At least they’re working on fixing it since its been a priority for about a month now… hopefully the perma-fix is soon tho :smiley:

I played yesterday on one computer with 4 separate D3 clients (1 64bit, 3 others 32bits) running at the same time using 4 different accounts for more than 4 hours and leaving/joining party multiple times (disconnects, switching characters, leaving party to help clan mates or friends or to powerlevel starngers). All this time I had no problem join back to the party.

But I do not use BattleNet app at all, I run D3 client directly. Additionally I kill Agent32.exe immediately after launching D3 client, it just slows down startup time and does nothing useful during the game session.

However for other players from my friend list/clan I see these 0 level Unknown characters and inability time to time to join party.

So may be the BattleNet app is the problem here.

1 Like

It is indeed part of the problem.

I have booted up computer
Launched Battlenet Desktop app
Launched the Diablo III client

And after a few hours was utterly unable to join others in clan or friends I looked at my Task Manager:

There were 7 Blizzard Battlenet App (32) bit showing.

I only launched one the whole day!

Some bug between Bnet Services and D3 core group play cause’s multiple false effects to happen!

No wonder no fix is incoming!

This bug will require D3 legacy core code to be rewritten in order to fix.

I’m wrong. LOL. Good try, mate but, fail. Casual, low para, whatever…the bug is not game breaking. Season ruined? Not. Is it a bug that needs to be addressed? Of course. Is it game-breaking? Nope. People quitting because of it? Nah. I’ve logged in every day, no issues. No issues joining groups. Do I see the bug? Sure. Switching back and forth fixes it. And, when I have experienced it, I’ve never gone, “I hate you! I quit!” What do I know. I’m just casual.

The fix you describe is short-term. Its not permanent. You obviously aren’t participating in organized team activities in-game with a large group of people, and across gaming sessions that are more then 4-6 hours long. If you mostly hop in-game and do some pub rifts and pub bounties you don’t have to contend with the bug much.

However, when you are running 2 and 3-man splits and get a shout in clan, community, friend list, or external voice comm. that someone has a gob pack or gob shrine, or bounty set ready for cash-in, one or more of your team are bound to want to splinter off to get access to that. Its the splinter guy(s) who swap between games and get stuck where they can’t rejoin a mostly finished bounty run that they were originally apart of.

A similar situation happens when someone is powerleveling alts. Someone attempts to join a game and can’t. The T6 game has been open for more than an hour, lowbies come and go, and suddenly people can’t join the game to get PL’d. You probably would say its no big deal and just start a new game. The problem continues at the lobby. Once the carrier and a set of lowbies are in party, the party leader (carrier) can’t start a new game. This becomes a big troubleshooting cycle of:

• leaving and joining
  • swapping season > non-season > season > join party > fail to start > leave party
  • restarting the D3 client
  • restarting the launcher and D3 client
  • closing everything and deleting cache folders
  • rebooting PC
  • rebooting router
  • rebooting modem and router

…finally back in-game and 30-60 mins of trouble shooting and still can not join a group and enter a game. Now multiply this across 12-16 players. People are going to give up and log off. 99.9999% of the players don’t start D3 to tinker with settings and run maintenance routines, they want to login and play. Some folks only have 1-2 hours to play before they crash for the night.

Do you now see why you are wrong?

Is that Blizzard Soon™ or soon? :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll chime in here and say that friends and I havent seen the social list bugs since Wednesday evening’s little patchings, so maybe 2.6.7b fixed it somewhat, as its been a couple days w/o seeing the issues :slight_smile:

Also my friends and I have restarted our game clients every so often to see if the issues pop up and they have not every time we have done so.

Also seeing said issues to be fixed via Clans Window at the least, as only a few report as Level Zero (they havent logged in for awhile, which is probably why)

My thoughts exactly.

This is good to hear.

Update:
I decided to hop on EU realm. They have all the bugs over there so its not limited to the US side. No means of escape. :frowning:

I don’t know what update or patch we had in last couple of days, but it seems to be working fine with join party on my end. Everyone displays as seasonal accordingly (if they are playing seasonal characters). Anyone still having issues?

I notice over the weekend that everyone is appearing as seasonal. Was a fix pushed?

lol, logging in and out is used to clear the bug.
It didn’t always work.
But sometimes it did work.

My clan looks good now.

If the join bug is indeed fixed, this is the beginning of getting people back to start playing again.

This join/party bug truly disrupted this great game for almost 1/4 of a year.

As of yesterday 12-15-2019 between 2pm and 8pm EST the bug showed up on EU. Not only did the bug show, but upon successfully inviting 2 other players into a solo partially cleared bounty run, the last player’s invite hung (you get the player’s icon in-game with the join progression lights just below their icon). He never made it into the game. So the bug continued further.

I went in and out of another 5 solo games rapidly while looking for pools. Each time I entered and exited a game I got a notification stating that if I continued the action I would have to cancel all pending invites. Of course I didn’t have any pending invites because I was solo. After leaving the 5th game, I got a very nasty whisper (and I’m directly quoting the sender so, do NOT penalize me for their angry in-game whisper), “stop to f**king trying to invit”. So evidently my game client and/or b-net kept attempting to invite him after I left game and party from the original solo partial bounty game. I don’t blame the player for being upset as I expect that it would be very annoying to get spammed invites from a random player. I exited D3, the launcher, and killed the Agent.exe process. I restarted the launcher and the game about 10 mins later. The bug was gone for the moment but I was again unable to join a game about 2.5-3.5 hours later.

It isn’t over folks. I’m very appreciative that we have Matthew keeping us informed and that folks internally are making this bug a priority. Its frustrating being a subject of this bug’s RNG.

that’s disappointing to hear. I also had the “cancel pending invites” issue, but it did not affect me once I started ignoring it. Besides that, I honestly had a problem free experience yesterday, inviting, joining my clan without issue. It felt so liberating…

Clan member showing non seasonal, bug still persists :frowning:

Where is this bug being tracked where a status is being given? I remember seeing somewhere that there was a comment that they were trying to push a fix for US Thanksgiving but never heard if they did.

Hey all,

Wanted to follow up so we weren’t ghosting on communication. We’re continuing to work with folks around the company to nail down a fix for the presence issue, but no further update at this time.

We should have another update on Wednesday this week.

10 Likes

thanks for the update. despite the doom and gloom that is the party bug, seems like you guys did manage to bring back the recent players tab, which had been gone for a long time… good job, hopefully we can get all these party bugs fixed soon.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

We should be seeing a significant improvement on this particular bug.

Please report if there are issues to do with the following:

• Players that have been logged into the game within the past 5 days have issues where they’re stating "level 0’
  • Players are experiencing difficulties creating solo games
  • Any issues with joining through the friends list, clan, or community

I appreciate the patience and also the communication from everyone around this issue.

7 Likes