Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader

If you wish to apply, you don’t request it on the forums. You just click the Careers link and search the jobs. Careers at Blizzard Entertainment | Blizzard Entertainment jobs Good luck!

2 Likes

I doubt his display is bugged. He probably read “Oct 16” as “October 2016”. Discourse doesn’t do a very good job of differentiating day vs. year with regard to post dates shown on the righthand bar. It’s a pet peeve of mine with this new forum software.

1 Like

Wait what, sometimes not being able to start a game means I’m in some way silenced?
Only “group” play I do is playing bounties in public (where my average is at least 9 cleared bounties) and here and there with a friend…
Restarting the game usually fixes it for me, though.

Almost christmas and the season is “almost” over. I sure hope this is fixed rather soon, so I can get the pet :confused:

Already knew that, cause people having a mute from WoW etc. can’t play D3 as well.
Hopefully they are having a solution soon before the season ends. Cause I would have loved to have that pet and just able to play again.

There are two different Bug issues being dealt with. This thread is for people who were Silenced in a Blizzard game and can’t make a D3 game at all, not even solo.

There is another bug related to social status and grouping that has been impacting lots of folks. That sounds like your issue seeing as you CAN make games. You will want to track the Blue posts in this thread on General. S-19 Group Join Bug - #184 by Matthew_Cederquist

The last update we got to that one was yesterday. I did ask, and any fixes for that bug are not related to the Silence bug.

2 Likes

So hope we see a blue post here soon that fixes this. Would love to play again and get that pet.
But wants to “derail” a bit and say thanks for your work/looking out and ask about this for us.

The way I view things there are several things that are true.

1. There is a bug impacting silenced players so they can’t make D3 games.
  2. Those players earned their silence
  3. Even though they earned the silence, they still deserve an update on the bug.

I really wish people would stop with the taunting, name calling, etc. Don’t get baited into replying. So far you are doing pretty well with that.

2 Likes

I meant to say thanks to you ( and forgot ) merry christmas for the work you put into this forum and for this issue as well. I’m not always great at keeping myself silent. I am kinda of a justice hunter.
But the previous comment was to say thanks to you.

And again, hopefully they come with some christmas news and a fix for this so I can get hunting for that pet

season is not anywhere close to being over. we’re only, what, 3 weeks in? anyway, we’ll see if they come up with a fix.

I spilled a drink on my keyboard and spammed chat as a result. I got silenced, which is expected and fine with me. I was doing a solo run and could care less if the chat feature existed, in this scenario I wish it didn’t exist.

Felt like a Diablo style game so I returned to the original and bought the expansion within the past week and now a new keyboard… and now I see the error of my ways. I’ma see if I can get a refund, that’s money that could go towards backup keyboards and more drinks to spill.

Hahahaha, I’m 7 hours too late for a refund…

Purchased on 2019-12-16 04:01:32

TY BLIZZARD

edit: never mind, it’s due to the fact I got silenced yesterday or because the expansion is lumped in with the time I’ve played on vanilla game and considered “too much game time” to refund.

Glad I came back, bought the expansion and necro, then have to wait to play BY MYSELF. Like what the heck, I just want to play solo.

Well, I wasn’t enough specific. I run a barb and a Crusader this season (both chars are “old chars” that are “re-enlisted” for the season if it matters). If I log out on the Crusader, the next time I log into the game I usually have grayed out option to start game and/or change anything. In like 20% of the cases it let’s me switch hero at least and that one can start normally.
However, if there is no option to switch hero I just ALT+F4 the game, restart it and all works fine again (means I can normally start the game with the above mentioned Crusader).
It might be the “connection” issue in my case, as my Internet connection sometimes isn’t the best.

Doesn’t matter though.

his silence was warrented a BAN was not…quit trying to blame players for a KNOWN BUG miss cheetah. THAT IS ALL. -.-

1 Like

smear campaign at it again…who cares how many mutes they have had. tell them its a bug and there is NOTHING u can do about it…why vent on these kids cheetah>???

1 Like

patronizing people is not getting you anywhere (eye roll) you are the one that deserves the mute with DISCRIMINATION. LOL treating players differently because they have been muted is WRONG.

1 Like

4 weeks in and almost half way through.
With this “speed” I don’t see a fix soon at all, hence my comment that time flies and suddenly you can’t get the pet.

seasons are typically 3 months long? hardly half way through. i started 10 days ago, and very close to 1200 paragon. it’ll be ok.

Considering this problem have been going on for 2 months and no word at all. The time can go quick and before you know it, persist over the 3 months a typical season is.

1 Like

You make it sound like trolls never bully people in chats lmao… it’s quite common for a bunch of imbeciles to report people just because they get triggered over anything! Let’s be honest here, D3’s S19 is a fiery dumpster filled with bugs and lag, don’t put all players in the same basket, I got a silence because of trolls whispering insults to me then reporting me seems legit right -_-