S-19 Group Join Bug

As of yesterday 12-15-2019 between 2pm and 8pm EST the bug showed up on EU. Not only did the bug show, but upon successfully inviting 2 other players into a solo partially cleared bounty run, the last player’s invite hung (you get the player’s icon in-game with the join progression lights just below their icon). He never made it into the game. So the bug continued further.

I went in and out of another 5 solo games rapidly while looking for pools. Each time I entered and exited a game I got a notification stating that if I continued the action I would have to cancel all pending invites. Of course I didn’t have any pending invites because I was solo. After leaving the 5th game, I got a very nasty whisper (and I’m directly quoting the sender so, do NOT penalize me for their angry in-game whisper), “stop to f**king trying to invit”. So evidently my game client and/or b-net kept attempting to invite him after I left game and party from the original solo partial bounty game. I don’t blame the player for being upset as I expect that it would be very annoying to get spammed invites from a random player. I exited D3, the launcher, and killed the Agent.exe process. I restarted the launcher and the game about 10 mins later. The bug was gone for the moment but I was again unable to join a game about 2.5-3.5 hours later.

It isn’t over folks. I’m very appreciative that we have Matthew keeping us informed and that folks internally are making this bug a priority. Its frustrating being a subject of this bug’s RNG.

that’s disappointing to hear. I also had the “cancel pending invites” issue, but it did not affect me once I started ignoring it. Besides that, I honestly had a problem free experience yesterday, inviting, joining my clan without issue. It felt so liberating…

Clan member showing non seasonal, bug still persists :frowning:

Where is this bug being tracked where a status is being given? I remember seeing somewhere that there was a comment that they were trying to push a fix for US Thanksgiving but never heard if they did.

Hey all,

Wanted to follow up so we weren’t ghosting on communication. We’re continuing to work with folks around the company to nail down a fix for the presence issue, but no further update at this time.

We should have another update on Wednesday this week.

10 Likes

thanks for the update. despite the doom and gloom that is the party bug, seems like you guys did manage to bring back the recent players tab, which had been gone for a long time… good job, hopefully we can get all these party bugs fixed soon.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

We should be seeing a significant improvement on this particular bug.

Please report if there are issues to do with the following:

• Players that have been logged into the game within the past 5 days have issues where they’re stating "level 0’
  • Players are experiencing difficulties creating solo games
  • Any issues with joining through the friends list, clan, or community

I appreciate the patience and also the communication from everyone around this issue.

7 Likes

Does this include folks who were Silenced and could not create solo games? I just want to be careful with expectations.

4 Likes

Hello!

This does NOT fix that issue as it’s not specific to Diablo III. We can try and get some information for it to communicate it out to folks.

3 Likes

Thanks Matthew. I am sure you know the thread in the TS forum where folks are looking for input.

Also, the forum updates today are odd. I did not get any notification on my tab or in my avatar that you replied!

1 Like

And thank you for keeping an eye out… :slight_smile:

What I see is your having issues. The bug is still not game-breaking for the majority. And, restarting your comp, router, modem, etc. would have no effect on this bug whatsoever. If it’s in the game, none of that is going to affect it. Sorry if you’re having issues with it personally but, that doesn’t make me wrong as to my statements. So to answer your question…no. But, they will get it sorted in time. Hang in there, buddy.

They have had 60+ days so far now and nothing. Try not being able to play for over 2 months and come back.

1 Like

Please keep in mind this thread is about the group join bug related to seasons and the odd social reporting issues.

Your issue is that you can’t make a game when Silenced.

Two different bugs - which you are well aware of.

Yes, I know Drakuloth closed the TS thread you were posting in. I don’t expect any updates on the Silence bug any time soon.

So either you know something or can predict something. Either way, the thread could easily have been moved. Since I don’t see a blue post posting in bug reports, I don’t see anyone caring about the bug.

Blizzard has a policy that they don’t move threads once they have a Blue post in them. Doing that can cause confusion.

Example - Matthew replied to a TS thread mistakenly posted on General. He moved it to the TS forum but because it had a Blue tag, the TS blues thought it was dealt with. I don’t know if that person ever got their issue resolved.

So, especially given how derailed that thread was, it was best to lock the TS thread and start over.

I am still paying attention to it though. If I hear anything I will update and be sure to tag you.

Thanks for your help. I did not know that. So I appreciate the knowledge. And yes, I can concur it was derailed a bit. I know I’ve made my mistakes. Plenty of them by now. I’ve even searched for other games but always goes back to Diablo. Rambling on, but thanks again for the look out and help

well this is nice what this blue is saying instead of people like miss cheetah blaming players for getting muted instead of what this kind guy has just said. ALOT of players will find happiness in this statement but hopefully u find a fix for the muted players :confused: THANKS MATTHEW looks like some people know how to represent ;D strong text

u were DISCRIMINATING against players just cuz they were muted instead of addressing a bug till u found out how many people were affected. LOL u patronized over a dozen people in that thread…IM SURE BLIZZARD READ IT hahaha

… Matthew was responding to MY question about the Muted bug. Pretending he brought it up on his own out of the blue is really out there.

And from our most vocal poster in the TS thread on the Silence bug.

Yes, players are in fact responsible for their own actions resulting in a Silence. They are not, however, responsible for the bug impacting them - something I have said over and over but you insist on misrepresenting.

Oh, and yes, they did read everything I wrote. The information I provided on the Silence system was accurate. You seem to be trying to imply I did something wrong. I did not.

Misunderstood and now edited it away to not derail the post further.