Ridiculous, yet wonderful idea

I really dont understand where are you going with this. I didnt say anything about ffa loot being popular or reason to play or how its amazing.

Its simply is in game and people play with for 20 years. There is no reason to change something what is working well.

1 Like

No. Its definitely not. Its failure in my eyes.

2 Likes

yeah, I havent ever met someone who quit daiblo 2 because they hated that they didnt get all the loot baal dropped.

Mostly everyone I know that stopped just moved onto other games, like what always happens in every game.

3 Likes

Sure, because main devs had no clue what made diablo 2 great game and basicly killed of trading completely with instanced loot. Maybe they should stick with ffa loot as in diablo 2. D3 was made by different team who could not understand why was D2 so succes full. Probably because people doing decisions dudnt even played it long enough.

5 Likes

With D3, having literally no player economy and almost no real player interaction, using a loot system that has no player interaction makes sense for D3.

D2 has always had a lot of player interaction. Trading, players racing to get items. Pvp.

3 Likes

Exactly. D3 is just empty shell of the game, you just nonstop kill monsters and pick up loot, you dont need anyone for anything. There is nothing to do really.

I basicly only like d3 cinematics.

4 Likes

I liked how pretty the cinematics looked, but the story conveyed was bad bad.

2 Likes

That is simply not true. Most people who are looking for items doing so in private games anyway.

4 Likes

I am curious. Did you leave the multiplayer because you could not get loot in public games? Was that honestly the main reason? Because its kind of weird as public games were never great source of loot. So only reason I can think of is that you had troubles to find loot solo and your only source of loot were public games. Is that it?

2 Likes

People definitely quit in the mid 2000s because of pickit. I knew quite a few.

That being said, plenty quit because of 1.10 too.

Bottom line is people will quit games for all sorts of reasons, some might even quit d2r if personal loot is implemented.

I’ll be playing d2 Til 2040 and beyond if I’m capable.

2 Likes

I will never get this as 1.10 made game so much better. Just when you see patch notes you can read so many great changes to the game.

1 Like

Using that logic, why should D2R exist? Players survived for 20 years without a shared sash or auto-gold pickup. Did those two things work well?

The 4:3 screen dimensions has worked on battlenet for 20 years why update it for modern monitors?

I never said that people quit over not getting all the loot of a Baal drop. However, many did quit

But they are not changing mechanics of how stash work. They are just expanding stash and improving access to it.

Changing how loot drops is major change and controversial also.

Its not like we desperatedly need things like auto-gold. Game can be played without it. But its nice addition which save our wrists :slight_smile: clicking on gold piles works. Auto-gold is just improvement.

You stated, Many people quit over FFA, aka not getting Loot.

You have nothing to really back this up but your claim. Which isnt really measurable to equal anything other then “I knew a few guys that left”. Which doesnt really mean a lot. And isnt frankly enough for grounds to alter the loot distribution of the game.

1 Like

Maybe instead of “quit” it should be resorted to solo game instances. Losing loot to some cheat running pickit would make some abandon multiplayer.

I think you misunderstood. FFA loot leads to a number of problematic issues in multiplayer games.

1. Feeling like you do not deserve loot that you collected.

In an 8 player game where everyone is contributing, 7/8 of the time that loot drop was not meant for you. If you picked up good loot it led to feeling that you took something that did not belong to you.

1. Ninja looting

I will admit that I made a build to ninja loot because I got sick of carrying groups (If I stopped attacking, no one could kill anything it seemed sometimes) and not getting what I felt was my fair share. I get way more than I deserved and this type of unethical behavior should be frowned upon.

1. Cheating

FFA loot lead to pickit and other cheating more broadly. In these cases, players did not get good item drops.

1. Range characters

Range characters are at an inherent disadvantage in getting loot. I remember playing an amazon my displeasure when barbarians in the group would swipe all the arrows that they did not need.

1. Scavenging loot

Scavenging loot does not occur in personal loot games but can in FFA games and is the epitome of lazy, unchallenging, and no risk gameplay.

Also, I am not advocating for the removal of FFA loot. I am advocating for a second option either at game or character creation. If it is at character creation, it would be an option just like choosing ladded/non-ladder or hardcore/softcore.

The reddit survey suggests that as many people want a personal loot option (if not more if you combine the two categories = 49%) versus those who want only FFA (39%). This is more than 2,000 people requesting a personal loot option.

1 Like

If I wanted loot I went private game, so I could you know, Get all the loot, because I was alone or with friends.

In a public game you interact with the public, some are ninja loots, some are nice, some are dicks and some might cheat.

Public was never a real good way to look for loot. Because there was so many people as contenders for the loot.

He is definitely saying no personal loot. Stop expecting it to be a possibility, nobody wants to do 10 diablo runs and end up with 2 crappy blue or rare items. This game does not drop enough loot in an 8 player game to make personal loot work. The developers already know this.

I hear that over and over again: Multiplayer for xp and single player for loot.

If you added the option for personal loot, I bet far more players would play co-operative multiplayer games for loot and xp.

Your problem is with loot drop rate and not the loot system per se. If Baal drops 5 items in an 8 player game, three players always get nothing. This is reality in FFA loot game and personal loot game.

Blizzard did give another post-Alpha interview where they were specifically asked about direct loot. Their answer was they were not working on it now, but would listen to player feedback on this issue later before launch.

Yeah, I understand what your saying. I am stating, your statement, saying “Many Players Left because of FFA loot”, isnt provable to any real amount and doesnt amount to really anything.

You knew some people that you say quit the game over FFA. I knew plenty of people that either quit for other reasons or kept playing the game.

Neither really mean anything. People left a game over a host a reasons, there is no proof that Most or even Many players, left for any 1 given reason. Most likely most players left the game just over time, moving to new games because new game is new.

A reddit survey of people who go to a particular forum is a very limited and not very diverse pool of participants. And that really doesnt account for a lot.

Poll the people in 1 block about what should happen in a city. and oddly, a lot of issues that people on that block want will poll well. Doesnt mean the population of the overall City will be anything like the poll results for that one block. (this is an comparison, I know forums arent blocks and game communities arent Cities.)