Ridiculous, yet wonderful idea

When creating games have an option to flag a public game as a personal loot game type. You could search for games with this flag or not but if the player base enjoyed it in pub games a lot im sure a lot of the games would be flagged this way

im not sure how the coding would work but I imagine you could keep the loot dropping exactly the way it does but add one final checkpoint before the item drops to see who it drops for that is eligible nearby.

every piece of loot could just be round robin selected for what is seen and dropped for each player at this point.

I feel like this would add some much more diverse group play by incentivizing people to work together. I could see much longer, diverse runs coming from this game type as opposed to just baal runs.

Im a long time D2 fan since the beginning so I know this sounds ridiculous but if coded correctly to change nothing about the loot drop rates but just round robins what is seen on the ground for each eligible player then this change would be amazing for the group based gameplay for the life of the game.

2 Likes

Blizzard has already said no to personal loot.

“There’s no Soulbound, there’s no personal loot.”

13 Likes

CAN I GET A HELL YEAH BROTHER

8 Likes

If you read that quote in context (and remember it is Rob talking from VV), I think he may have meant to say account bound. The paragraph in question is discussing item duping before and after. Logically, personal loot is irrelevant to item duping. Account bound loot and soulbound loot are relevant to item duping.

Moreover, in another post-alpha interview, Blizzard “re-opened” the door (even though it may never have been shut) to personal loot when asked about “direct loot” for co-op multiplayer.

1 Like

I think he said exactly what he wanted to say people just read too much into it.
My guess it was reference to WoW/D3 loot system.

That being said there is a lot of inconsistency between interview and surveys.

1 Like

I hope they fix at least some of the bugs like the necro summons dissapearing all the time or the wake of inferno damage of the assassin which does only 1/3 of its damage.

and even between post-alpha interviews as I linked above where they said there are focusing on remixing the game right now but would listen to player feedback on “direct loot” before releasing the game.

Mages and golem go yeet

In the recent blizzard survey, they still had questions on charm inventory but none on personal loot or loot division systems.

I suspect that loot system will likely/maybe get revisited after the multiplayer test. There is a reason for this satire:

and this:

1 Like

Love how much of a dick the assassin is in Diablols. Frankly, that makes me think back on the game and laugh more then worry about if I got all my “Deserved” Loot in the game.

1 Like

There is truth in satire. I know that most D2 players were not like the Carbot assassin, but if you play five 8 player games, coming across this too frequently drove many of us to single player games so that we did not have to deal with this nonsense.

1 Like

and being in a private game or single player fully removes the problem of interacting with asshats in a public game.

Just because an action can be negative, doesnt mean it needs changing. I dislike PvP, I never wanted to Pvp in D2 I would and will always view it as a negative experience, but I would never want to push to remove or restrict it. If I got hostiled, I just left game or tp to town.

1 Like

Nah, he is just stating these things do not belong to D2, meaning they have to find other ways to fight against cheating in general.

1 Like

Why tho? Its in the game for 20 years. People play it in MP for 20 years just fine. Why should one test change something?

2 Likes

And many quit the game over the last 20 year because of FFA loot. Do you honestly think that many players kept playing the game solely due to FFA loot?

1 Like

I have never heard of anyone leaving MP because of that. There were always other reasons.

2 Likes

I definitely heard of that. If FFA loot was overwhelmingly popular, can you explain to me why Blizzard decided on instanced loot in D3 as well as almost all other aRPGs?

1 Like

People play game because its great game, why should be anyone playing just because of ffa loot?

1 Like

Is D3 a great game?

What is player retention in D3 like currently versus D2 in 2009?