Ridiculous, yet wonderful idea

The reddit survey was advertised on reddit, the D2R forum here, d2jsp, and Rhykker’s youtube channel. It had >4,000 respondents. Certainly, this is not as important as Blizzard survey where they asked if players were interested in personal loot instead of FFA loot at D2R launch.

I suspect that Blizzard may (or may not) revisit the issue after the multiplayer alpha/beta. I think it will come as a bit of a shock to many game testers that the game does not have instanced loot. I know what to expect since I played D2 at launch.

Right if a shako drops at least every person in the game has a chance to get it, the player gets 0 extra opportunity if the loot is just evenly divided. With a game like D2 where it takes hundreds of runs just to get a decent drop, now you have to multiply that to basically 1000 runs. This will only encourage people to play private games. There will be no reason to do loot runs in public games and I most definitely won’t run chaos games publicly if I’m giving 7/8 of my loot away to leechers.

You probably don’t understand the appeal of playing ClassicD2 either, and I can assure you it’s amazing. Just like 1.09

Still not a very diverse pool of participants dude. Its really not. I know you are all bandwagon, “RIDE OR DIE PERRSONAL LOOT” But that frankly, tiny poll, compared to what companies poll on for control groups and external customer polls, its TINY thats just a fact man.

I know it fans the fuels of your Personal Loot crusade, so you keep banging on about it, but its not a very diverse pool with frankly not a lot of participants in the grand scheme of things.

Just look at Change dot org polls gettings 10s of thousands of entrance and companies still dont do what is asked. 4000> is Not a lot man.

Atleast its some feed back to try and base your crusade on, compared to your “Dev doesnt mean to say no personal loot in this interview, he ment Account Loot.” which is frankly, the most clutching for straws thing I have seen in a good while so thats great.

2 Likes

Yes and many people answering that poll were introduced to Diablo with Diablo 3, so to them anything that isn’t personal loot is backwards. Especially since they most likely don’t understand how these core loot mechanics of Diablo 2 work.

1 Like

If my suggested system:

-didnt change the loot tables or item drops from what they were
-was an optional game type to flag your game as

how would it affect you negatively?

all this would do is combine exp runs and MF runs into one game type, monster bashing as a team where we can all get loot.

makes the community larger instead of everyone hiding in private games so they can get all the loot while having less fun

It would be negative in the sense, there would now be games in the lobby list I would active need to avoid, to not have to deal with the private loot rules.

I have plenty of fun grinding in Diablo by myself. Do friends make it better? Sure what game isnt better with friends.

If I wana level or trade or watch pvp or just shoot the breeze, I love being in public games.

But I dont go into public games, expecting to get loot just because 1) I am there or 2) because I saw it.

I dont play games expecting to be entitled to loot. I dont get mad if a dont get what I want in a MF run.

I enjoy the game loop, click monsters, kill monsters, some times items drop. Do I want all the items? No, do I get mad if the items arent stuff I want? No.

Your just going to anger purist who will scream bloody murder and rage at the thought of bringing this game to the modern world! the same 8-15 purist will post telling you to go play d3 or mods! Something about getting good at clicking! This allows leeches to get gear because the purist carry so hard! It’s all falling on deaf ears this game will come out and after a month or so it will become a ghost town! The purist will scream everyone is a noob and don’t get this amazing game made 20 years ago! The bots will return and this game will fade into oblivion! They will get new graphics and in 10 or 20 years this process will repeat its self! Maybe then purist will choose ppl over bots

It’s not just about clicking faster…there are real downsides to personal loot.

There are real problems with FFA loot too, but just calling people purists is not an argument.

Ironic that some say that no one is entitled to loot in FFA game as it is first come, first served and yet in your runs all the loot is yours.

Even if you do not think this is true how do you reconcile another news story post alpha where this is written about their Blizzard interview:

“Co-op wise, they aren’t revealing precise details either – like not confirming instanced loot”.

Here is another news report with direct quotes from Blizzard post-alpha

A: Given that multiplayer co-op will be an important part of Diablo II: Resurrected in the future, will there be an option for gamers to get direct loot instead of having to fight over each other?

Mat: As Andre previously said, for now, we are only focused on remixing the best gaming experience that Diablo II can offer in its original form. Then of course, listen to gamers’ feedback before the final release.

Why would Blizzard need to listen to player feedback on direct loot if it was already decided against it? It sound like Blizzard is not working on instanced loot right now but may if the players want it pre-release.

Not really as 1.10 bought many really good improvement to the game :). And no i dont understand playing classic either. I cant imagine how can anyone play diablo 2 with less content :slight_smile:

Runewords aren’t unique, and I don’t mean unique in the sense Diablo2 uses them. I mean, everyone uses nearly the same things.

Grief- the only thing that differs is a bit of damage
Infinity -blah, sure
Enigma - obvious

I’m fine using these, and I do enjoy playing LoD too, but Classic just has a different feel to it. Magicfinding in Classic is much more fun, too, and I’ll explain why.

When you magicfind in D2LoD, 99+% of items aren’t even worth picking up.

When you MF in classic, that rare breastplate could be worth as much as a Grief phaseblade, or more.

That rare ring you found in nightmare, could be the best ring you ever found.

Those tri res boots you gambled, could be BiS.

Your imbues can be godly, and not even just diadems or staffmods like in LoD.

In short, the itemization is way better, in that no one will be wearing the exact same thing.

Shako Enigma Spirit Hoto…after making dozens of chars with these items…it feels awesome to go back and be less powerful, finding a Rare STR FHR 55Life belt with dual resist…man…feels so much better than finding a Jah rune.

Also, the gameplay of Taxirunning Chaos rather than soloing baal’s boring throneroom in 8p games…in CS you actually have to run as a team to be efficient…

Running 20 chaos runs, and finally a Barb joins your runs for BO…or the reverse…the Barb leaves and everything gets a whole lot scarier if you can’t find another barb for your runs…Call to Arms ruins that feeling…

I feel like lurker parroting spam or troll

Items on top are same yeah. But classic isnt better just because you dont have them. Several of these high runes words are also creating opportunities for more builds to be viable. I think rares should be improved in LOD to be more challenging to top uniques or RW.

I disagree with that.

Well of course, when you cut off like 2/3 of item content from game, items not being that good will suddendly be top equip.

You can still find pretry good rare like that in D2 LOD too.

Having a lot less items and option doesnt make itemization better as rule tho.

Ok but pretty strong rare can drop on lod too, people just usualy have knowledge that they can be good.

I think i understand your points but i prefer to play version with more content :slight_smile:

Although there are good rare boots, they aren’t as important when you can stack over 200% all resist on your charms. Rare rings will never be BiS when you can craft better ones.

Things dropping in LoD don’t have the same feel as Classic when you see them drop…Don’t get me wrong it’s awesome even to find another Ist rune, I enjoy LoD too, but finding that rare with mods that have a 1:100000000 chance is pretty crazy lol.

I’m not trying to convince anyone to play Classic, I’ve played years of LoD as well, I just find itemization better, as the items you wear are so much more important in Classic, and teamwork matters way more.

In Classic I need a good team to CS, and that social aspect is there.

In LoD I smash face with ease in 8p games, with very little risk of dying.

This entire forum and its threads at this point are spam or troll. The same things have been said by the same people over and over and over

Troof… 13charrequir

1 is an anxiety issue aka a mental health thing. Nothing to do with the game.
2 get faster or only play with people you trust. Nothing to do with the game.
3 exists in all games. Nothing to do with the game.
4 Range characters can play rather close. Play with people you trust. Stop right before kill and run up aka timing. So once again nothing to do with the game.

Taking all your arrows? TP go to town declare hostile, go back down and guided arrow him or leave? No one is forcing you to keep playing with that person.

5 Scavenging loot exists in FFA so people who are even bad at the game get a chance to participate and grind up. So more inclusive is a problem?

FFA = Huge amounts of trading, an in game economy, player interaction. If you do not have social skills this will help you build them.

Ploot = Practically no one trades, lack of trading leads to poor or limited econemy, leads to limited or no player interaction. D3 proved this.

You want your own loot make a password protected game and play by yourself or people you trust. You then can get the loot you need or want or can trade what you find. So it is even better then ploot.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t d3 have personal loot from the start? And there was tons of trading going on.

1 Like

Nope. It had some but, not a ton. Nothing compared to D2. It was also only the heavy D2 players trading. Almost no one else was. It was also cluinky to use and had to be explained to new players and they constantly thought people were stealing gear, etc. Dupes were also all over.