Rend mechanics 2.6.7

Hey Svr,

APS affect Rend tickrate, but the total dmg remains the same. This makes ambo deal the correct amount of dmg.

1 Like

Interesting, is there any more info on this?

I wonder if 4x Rend is back through Furnace or maybe Executioner (mobs slain at 10% life = 11% more damage)?

There are clears on PTR leaderboard with every possible combo of WW-rend. 2-hd is certainly being used by some as well as dw weapons of several types, not just IB and BK.

What kind of 2H are being used?

IKBB, Messerschmidtā€™s, Furnace, etc. Itā€™s on the leaderboardsā€¦

Itā€™s nice to have variety. I wonder which will be the best option DW or 2H. Sure is exciting!

1 Like

Has anyone with high-paragon for added toughness tried a WotW6/IK4 2h-build with F&R? I tried it on HC and itā€™s dicey, 50% each from CotA, WotW 4 piece and Mortickā€™s for 150% total. The damage was very nice but it was squishy.

I have.
IMHO, thereā€™s not enough DR.

Lack of sustain, lack of IAS.

IK4/Waste6 can run RoRG, Unity, BoM
Imo the biggest issue of IK4/Waste6 should be the fury gain. You either need Weapon Master/Superstition or Lightning WW.

That being said if the CHD% from any offhand outweighs the weapon damage gain from a 2hand and you have permanent Berserker and Ignore Pain then IK4/Waste6 is dead from the getgo.

A primal IKBB has 72% more damage per hit than a primal 1H mighty weapon.
The second CHD% gem in the offhand is 22% more damage.

The new Rend proc is interesting since it doesnā€™t need AS, AD or CDR.

That being said. I am not sure how good the clears will be when you gimp the WW damage entirely and only rely on Rend.

So the following isnā€™t accurate:

ā€œAmboā€™s has a proc-coefficient of 1 and applies a Rend on each WWs tickā€

I ran IK4/Waste6 with RoRG, CoE, BoM and it was plenty of DR. I kept the TaO rune for CotA and just used Windshear as the WW rune for fury. I cleared a 124 on HC without much of a problem, I used Swords to Ploughshares for healing and overall the build felt pretty good.

5 Likes

That doesnā€™t matter. You can only have 2 Rend instances every second anyway.

He means It 100 % proc rend, but itā€™s dmg dealt part has 0 proc scalar.

Data mining is clear. The proc scalar is usually the coefficient we mean. This determines whether a skill proc AD or other effects.

Scalar = 0; no AD;
Scalar > 0; 20% chance AD

Got it, thx gentlemen.

Heart Slaughter is an option too.

I test Heart Slaughter and Furnace versions. My feeling is that both gives slightly higher damage than IB when i am fighting a group. But

1. there needs continuous density to keep up CD of WotB. When WotB is down, I am squishy and I may need to dodge mobsā€™ attack which make my time dealing damage less.
  2. It is more squishy healing is weaker and no armor buff from IB
  3. because of lower attack speed, stricken stacking is slower. Depending on how high you run, it may end up killing the boss slower.

Overall speaking, I like IB version better for it is more tanky, easier to play and more consistent. My average finishing time with IB is better than Heart Slaughter and Furnace versions too.

I have a question about having two rend barbs in a group. Does both barbsā€™ rend stack on same mob? If yes, only different runes stack or same rune also stack? If no, does it mean that the later rend will replace the earlier rend?

Does anyone know?

You need different runes, iirc. Same runed Rend donā€™t stack. I imagine one will be using bloodbath, while the other uses cold Rend for 10% extra damage.

Thanks for reply. A follow up question:

Say if

• both barb A and B deal 1100 damage per basic rend stack,
  • both barb A and B use ambo and lamentation,
  • barb A uses bloodbath rune and barb B uses mutilate (cold) rune,
  • barb A has just killed another mob and is making a mob having 4 stacks of rend
  • now barb B ww the mob and induce rend onto the mob

How much damage does the mob receive?

a) (1100 x 4 + 1100 x 2) x 1.1 = 7260
b) 1100 x 4 x 1.1 = 4840
c) 1100 x 2 x 1.1 = 2420
d) 1100 x 4 = 4400
e) others?

Thanks.

I am confused whether to self cast Rend, or to let WW proc Rend.
care to shed light?

thanks