Remove Cow King death penalty

Not a huge thing but being an individual that loves running cows it be nice if blizzard removed the penalty for killing cow king. Cows aren’t as popular post nerf and it be cool for people to complete holy grail side goals for fun like they currently do on popular mods. It’s hard to see cow king sometimes and it’s obviously griefable in public games if you aren’t paying attention. Kinda tragic having to remake a character because you accidentally killed the Cow King.

89 Likes

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo moo moo moo moo

MOO! :smiley_cat:

19 Likes

I’m all for moo moo forever.

Forever moo moo.

Moo

Mooooo. Yes to this change. Moo.

25 Likes

What is this “Cow King” you speak of? Is there some kind of secret cow level? :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

We should be highly discouraged from doing Baal runs for a variety of reasons that has been previously mentioned in other topics.

If the development team does not want to spend too much time and resources refactoring the code to penalize the person who did actual the killing of the Cow King, then I’m fine with them simply disabling the penalty all together. I don’t care about what the Cow King says.

But, if they can fix it with relative ease, so that the right player gets penalized, then that’s better.

9 Likes

They need to do this. There’s a workaround with opening the portal on an alternate character anyways.

12 Likes

i agree its a quakity of life thing

9 Likes

I’m for removing the restriction of creating cow games after killing the Cow King. Even after they were nerfed, the Cow level is still a decent source of runes, charms, gems and some decent ethereal armors for e-bugging. It’s silly to have to keep a lookout for the fort to avoid accidentally killing the king.

Remove the restriction Blizzard, let us plow through the cows without worry of losing the ability to create that non-existent level!

:cow: MoooooOooOoOoo!! Moo moo moo, moo moo… Moo. :cow2:

9 Likes

This is like the one change that literally everyone can get behind. Purists and modders. New and old.

Allow remakes of the cow portal. :ok_hand:

21 Likes

ya u need to click on a cow 100 times

4 Likes

Sounds good to me. Moo.

8 Likes

Agreed; restrictions like these do not help the fun

8 Likes

big yes to this one, game already lacking end game content ( yes you can skip to kill him i know )

6 Likes

Also keep Anya portal up always, and not go away when you get that specific WP.

9 Likes

I agree with and support this suggestion 110%.

6 Likes

can yall imagine opening cow port on your main instead of an alt Lol cause some dck killed cow king.

3 Likes

The leaks show there is an option to disable cow king death limitation. At least its being considered.

2 Likes

+1
Support this change. It was a nice little annoying novelty for those who wanted to be straight up annoying back in the day, and it worked but if we’re being real, purist and idealists alike, we can all agree that it was a bad design in a game that was never really player to player interactions focused.
(yes, it has trading and pvp, but both of these were backburner ideas, as the original devs have stated)

3 Likes

This is called real Quality of Life. I support this 100%

7 Likes

ITT: purists, people that want change, HC players, sc players, classic players, LoD players, and more.

And it still seems like a slam dunk.

I’d put money on this making it into release.

3 Likes