Remove Cow King death penalty

Cow King forever. ISO Hooves for LLD.

agreed, this is a great idea

I, mykromisfit, support the #MooMooForever movement.

1 Like

This is one of the few things that I really hope they change. There is nothing challenging, fun, or rewarding about having to dodge a section of the map to avoid killing the Cow King. The fact that someone else in your party killing the Cow King would then prevent you from being able to make portals only made things worse.

3 Likes

has everyone lost their god damn minds? This change would be a complete shift towards lowest common denominator - lets make everyone happy.

If you want to make more cows with the same character, then be careful when clearing the run, it’s easy. Don’t be a sad noob that just wants change cause they can’t hang with real video game mechanics. Sheesh

3 Likes

Its not something anyone really wants to deal with, the loopholes are just un-neccisary hassle

2 Likes

it’s called finesse. If you can’t deal with a game that has actual challenges then i suggest you play d3

1 Like

I don’t think any sane person would argue against it. I always thought it was kind of dumb that if some rando killed Cow King the portal was gone forever on that character.

1 Like

I also vote Moo to that

Well this is an assumption and I could be totally wrong I think blizzard originally designed cows back in 1.08 and 1.09 with the great loot tables and exp with the reasoning that people wouldn’t have access indefinitely to cow runs. Obviously that wasn’t the case people just leveled alts to open the portal if the king died. However with the nerf to cows loot tables and exp in later patches. I think it be fine to let people run it without the cow king hassle.

1 Like

That is a bit unfair considering that no one has solo cleared GR 150 this D3 season to date and that about only 100 hundred players in the entire world have done it in the current non-season era in D3. D3 has faults but to insinuate that it lacks “actual challenges” seems disingenuous to me.

The problem is that someone in your party can kill the cow king so it does not mean that you lack finesse but someone else. Why should you be punished for the actions of another?

3 Likes

Originally, cows were actually infinite. Cow king had some fantastic drops, and very odd/specific loot tables, not unlike Lower Kurast chests.

It’s actually quite interesting, those early years.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a change I think we all can agree with.

I want to go in there and unleash hell! I don’t want to be stressed that I’ll accidentally kill the king, or even worse, somebody else does it intentionally.

We all know this happens! Moo story, bro.

1 Like

This would be a good thing. If they also make it so the exp/hour is on par with chaos and baalruns, the grind to 99 would also be a bit more fun but not faster, which is a QoL imo.

2 Likes

How does the Secret Cow Level penalty work?

This forum doesnt seem to agree on much but I think this is one of those where everyone can honestly say just do the change! I will be disappointed if they don’t change this due to the fact that everyone (95-99%) of us agree on something! That is shocking in its self

2 Likes

Yea, time to remove this cow king penalty.

2 Likes

everyone is agree, blizz dont disappoint your fans

2 Likes

I agree I can honestly say I didn’t fish for my season one top 200 ladder finish! I’ve played on and off and it gets really tough because you get one shot regardless solo at a certain point and then the skill starts to show!

I’ve always been conflicted do I want D3 with d2 Art and D2 itemazation or do I want D2 with for ever increasing hell modes over and over redoing quests losing more Rez every time… find dual immune mobs then one day triple… stats always getting stronger on items with additional stats to deal with harder hell lvlz I guess both versions would need this it’s just do went want Rifts or stacking hell mode if we ever get an end up an end game! the grind to 99 would not really be a thing with a system like this! Or just do don’t increase the value of exp

It is a faithful remaster and this change should not be implemented!