Remember before season 25 ends (April 10th)

This is not for you pros who know everything about everything, this is for any new players. Use the S25 shards to augment your gear before the season ends, because the shards do not transfer over to non-season. If you do not bother to read the blogs, you have been warned. Don’t say that you did not know, or that no one told you.

“Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.”

11 Likes

But will I still have my shards and embers once the season ends??

8 Likes

Yeah they’ll be right next to your ethereal’s hur hur :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Which is right next to the 4th cube slot. :metal:

11 Likes

Already salvaged them like 5 weeks ago which was the last time I played. Was hoping my lady friend would want to complete the season with her Crusader but that has not been the case… and, she works too damn much.

I would suggest possibly keeping any “legacy” item like Bindings of the Lesser Gods (unless the nerf to them is retroactive) though but only if you ever want to consider non-season play. I got lucky once and got a primal Deathwish with good stats so I kept it. Have not used it but I have it anyway.

1 Like

Nerfs are retroactive.

But… Can I keep my shards? If I ask nicely?:laughing:

no they are not. Only for set items. legendary items that have been nerfed aren’t automatically applied to all of them. So, if like with the bindings of the lesser gods bracers, you can keep the older, higher damage versions in your stash for NS play.

2 Likes

Actually it depends… Ninth Cirri Satchel says hi…

3 Likes

Nerfs are retroactive, buffs aren’t.
With the futur patch, “old” Bindings of the Lesser Gods will be nerf.

1 Like

Not all nerfs are retroactive. My pre-nerf Etched Sigils say otherwise. The description in the cube changed to buff Energy Twister, but the item themselves still have the old power.

5 Likes

Most of the time the nerfs on normal legendary items are only retroactive if the item is stronger in its old version. But I can’t think of a contradiction to that at the moment. I have many examples of older versions of items that were updated but my items were not because they were less than or equal to the new ones. (Magefist gloves for example - I have one with the fire percentage listed as a normal power, not legendary power). But with set pieces, they will usually change regardless if the change is better or worse.

Set items always auto update, however legendaries only update if the change was only amount based and not a complete change to the power involved.

1 Like

I checked my transferred over Season 25 BotLGs in the PTR and found it to be retroactive and posted this question here
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/legacy-bindings-of-the-lesser-gods/50053

Also, unused augment shards should be salvaged to collect on the higher level gems for non season.

Yeah, story of my season rollovers too. I have a godly primal squirts sitting in my stash gathering dust.

Time to go finish up the season.

Just need to decide if I’m doing 8 set dungeons or leveling a hardcore character to clear GR45.

Already pre-augmented gear for Enchantress on the chars that did not play season. The rest have decent gear sets. :smiley:

no you wont it all gets removed once it ends

You should check out r/whoosh

2 Likes

I think they sell new sarcasm detectors on Amazon, don’t they?

2 Likes