Question about Hydra Ias Breakpoint

Hello.
Can soneome tell me how much ias i have to add in my stuff ( tasker and theo cube) for max Hydra fpa ?

It depends on the hydra, let’s just use Frost Hydra as an example since most use it in synergy with Winter Flurry. D3planner says max BP is 6 FPA or 8.1 APS / 12.2 Pet APS. Obviously not possible so next actual possible BP is 12 FPA or 4.41 APS / 6.61 Pet APS.
That believe it or not is actually possible this season with Shards, specifically Remnant of Pain used on both you and your followers shared allies 50% (for 100% AS) then AS on all your gear (if you have perfect stats you can skip 1 gear slot).

Other than that, easier to reach in a 4 man group with AS buffs from both class buffs and Pain if they have it (doubt though they’ll get off using Stain of Sin / Essence of Anguish).

You can see a full list of the BPs here (https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/attack-speed-breakpoints-explained) and then just set the skill you want.
Most just shoot for 3.01 AS or 4.5 petAS as it gets a bit sacrificed for other stats beyond that.

sorry dont understand this. how mch ias does my character need ?

8.1 APS, ignore this it’s not possible solo (or period? cap is 5AS on self) but the next BP now is thanks to Remnant of Pain’s 50% AS boost power (along with 15% IAS mod) which is 4.41 APS / 6.61 Pet APS.

Sorry for confusion, FPA = Frames per action.

Realistically, you’ll go for 24 fpa with Dregs of Lies. While you can hit a higher BP with Remnant of Pain, you’ll do significantly more overall damage with Dregs of Lies.

24 fpa can be achieved with a 7% wand, a 15% IAS shard, paragon IAS, and a Frenzied Shrine active from the altar power. No attack speed needed on gear.

If you have a less than perfect shard or weapon roll, you’ll also need one gear roll (e.g. gloves or ring). Or Enchantress IAS.

I suppose you could hit 18fpa with a perfect 7 wand, a perfect 15 shard, a Witching Hour, 7 amulet, 7 ring 1, 7 ring 2, 7 gloves, 7 Witching Hour, and 7 Lacuni’s with Frenzied Shrine + paragon active. But uhhh… I wouldn’t bother doing that. It’s not worth the opportunity cost.

Shard powers don’t work on followers.

1 Like

Also, the crit effect from the Pain shard does not work with hydras. In case you’ve forgotten our previous discussion from season 25 :slight_smile:

Without the crit effect working, it’s strictly worse than Dregs of Lies in all situations. A higher breakpoint does not make up for the Dregs of Lies power.

Oooh but I think y’all missed that Remnant buff specifically says it’s a party buff, it actually works on you I tested it myself :slight_smile:

I assumed this was already info from S25 but maybe it got overlooked.
Okay we both missed things it seems, that sucks that the crit doesn’t work on the hydras! Or yes I probably forgot that. But still other builds like Firebirds loves the free 50% AS, as you’ve stated the actual shard effects don’t work for the follower so this is the only one that makes sense.

I don’t have enough embers to make one to test, but I’m 99% sure you only get the base stats from the shards when put on followers, all the powers were disabled when on followers.

… how sure are you that it works when on your follower?

100% will even test what number I start out hitting nothing, then test what number I end at after follower has hit 10 times, brb. I assume this is an intended effect because it specifically says ALL players, so it’s working correctly.

It might have been we were too quick to assume just all of them didn’t work, like has anyone actually killed 50 mobs with the followers and seen if they spawned a Sin pool?

Yep 1.82 to 2.23 (when I took the SS it was 2.13). Didn’t fire a shot just ran in circles.

Crap now I gotta give follower BP or that probably doesn’t work so I actually gotta gear crit because the base effect definitely isn’t working for it, I think lol. Anyway yeah it’s because it’s a party buff so nothing sus going on there.

EDIT: Okay great BP does work on follower thank god, aint gearing all CC when I can just take off unneeded Sage’s set because everyone is swimming in DBs from Altar

Fun! Feels like old times actually messing around with mechanics not commonly known :slight_smile: C’mon Tinne! :smiley:

Okay so although probably not optimal for hydras since they can’t proc any of this stuff, it’s still very good boost for getting to 3.01 without having to gear much for it and it’s likely very useful for just about every other set. Firebirds and DMO will definitely get a bigger boost over the sad Tal Rasha with that addition, especially something like Flameblades.

FINAL EDIT: Okay apparently it’s 2.45 right because IAS on weapon higher this season, I can’t math lol. so yeah 1.82 to 2.45 then just to make sure it double dips I attacked and did gain more AS with follower’s pain buff active for a final number of 2.60 - exactly double attack speed. 100% working to 100%.

Yep to confirm it is indeed because it specifically states “All players” as I went through all the shards and none of the other effects work (not that killing 50 enemies with your follower was ever a viable T16+ thing anyway but it doesn’t work).

And to confirm Broken Promises works on follower, with an impressive uptime too since follower is close to 3 APS with both yours and their pain shards working together and a nice 1.72 Pig sticker :slight_smile:

So that’s the build for free 50% as boost for solo, enjoy for a season :slight_smile:

Maxroll does disclaim in their recent update that one power works on follower, well now we know there’s two!

Moreover, there is one Soul Shard special power that kind of works on followers, the Essence of Anguish stacking effect granting you up to 25% Cooldown Reduction, 25% Movement Speed and 50% extra damage taken at 10 stacks. If you have it equipped in your own Weapon and your follower has a Poison Damage Range on its Weapon, then your follower attacks can proc the stacks for you!

But wait, isn’t that extra poison mod global? Why wouldn’t that work if follower is triggering with a poison weapon? Now I question everything! (I kid, I know 99% was tested and this 1% slipped the cracks)

That was known from back in season 25.

Although I’m pretty sure (Anguish worn on player, poison damage on follower weapon) it only procs the CDR and movement speed, it won’t proc the 50% damage bonus. If I’m remembering right, that only triggers when you have poison damage on your own weapon.

Question - was this just with Remnant of Pain equipped on your follower, and no Remnant on you?

I got 7 embers in a single vision just now and made 3 Pains but struck out so still haven’t been able to test it myself.

Oh shoot just tested this, it sure doesn’t work unless you have Remnant of Pain on okay this isn’t as big of a deal as I thought - it’s pretty much just like the poison damage effect that it simply can get triggered by the follower.

It doesn’t double dip lol, I was wrong. As attacking by myself resulted in 2.6 as well as running around and letting the follower trigger it for me. So all this really means is if you’re running away you won’t lose your stacks from non-attacking. A nice boost but totally not build defining. I’d still of course do it, why not have that extra uptime.

Still definitely information that’s not out there, it’s a thing.

1 Like

sorry i did not read all, but why should the gem not work ? its for pets.

And Tldr : can someone only say how much ias do i need in my char specs to get fastest breakpont ?

Or 2,10% Ias =
2,15%ias = ?

etc.
Thank you.

Just got home from work, and dont want to reall that all now

If you have perfect 50% Tasker’s (I almost always just run Tasker in the cube and wear Magistrate so I get the perfect 50), you need 1.85 attack speed for 30 fpa and 2.30 attack speed for 24 fpa.

2.30 is achievable with a 7% weapon, 15% shard, 10% paragon IAS, and Frenzied Shrine active (from Altar potion power): 1.4*1.22*1.35 = 2.306. If you have a less than perfect shard or weapon, you will need another attack speed roll on gear (gloves or ring) to achieve 2.30 attack speed for 24 fpa. E.g. with a 5% weapon, 12% shard, 10% paragon, 7% gloves, and Frenzied Shrine: 1.4*1.17*1.42 = 2.326.

If you have less than 50% Tasker’s, you’ll need more attack speed. You should check a calculator (e.g. D3planner) yourself.

I think an endgame push setup with try for either a) a perfect weapon + shard so you don’t need IAS on gear and can stack AD in all gear slots or b) quad IAS + AD gloves so you can get away with a less than perfect weapon + shard.

Or you can just use Remnant of Pain and hit the 3.01 BP w/o any attack speed whatsoever on gear but shard IAS…ez :smiley: (3.08 to be exact) so technically don’t even need perfect IAS shard can get 13%.

But yeah like TinneOnnMuin pointed out from S25, hydras don’t get that crit so Pet gem better. Like…I really feel like they do though because I blow by speeds with it. Is it just when I have crit they crit but they won’t crit from shard effect?

I’m a bit confused by it.

And yeah guess 4.41 BP not possible solo w/o doing funky things like Pain Enhancer instead of Stricken since pet’s can’t trigger stricken but neither could solo bosses and like Time warp instead of Absolute Zero (which if reaching 4.41 would be worth it since it’s 50% damage vs relying on 16+ mobs to get that).
I mean might not the the very best optimal for pushing vs pet gem but it would be one HELL of a speed build!

So yeah the TL:DR is 3.01 most realistic goal but 2.3 most practical.

This has inspired me to make a Broken promise 4.41 AS Typhons speed build! If pets won’t crit off Pain effect they’ll crit off my non-stop 100% crit rate damnit! 0% CC possible with Pain effect so it will be a thing!

Worth it or a meme? Who knows, but I’ll find out!

Also worth noting you can hit 4.16 AS , 6 FPA (10 AS) Flame Blades but My God you literally have to have all perfect AS slots, perfect AS weapon, perfect Shard with Stretch Time and full Gogok stacks (4.17) , anything less and you don’t hit it! Now THAT’s a goal…in a 3 month season lul.

Okay wow…this is kinda buggy the -15% really messes up BP interaction, you actually have to put 1% CC in paragon to get it working right because it shows up as 99% then critting from incapacitated counts but overlaps.

Very interesting stuff or rather annoying, would not recommend.

Correct. They still crit as they normally would, they just don’t get 100% crit from the shard.

Well that was easy. Took me ages to make a perfect 15 stacking Lies last time around.

https://i.imgur.com/Kaoh3I0.jpg