Question about Hydra Ias Breakpoint

Damn grats GG!

Alright cool thanks for clarification, so really unless you’re getting 100% CC sheet from BP, which also don’t trigger with pets lowering your crit on gear because of the guaranteed crit Shard effect is pretty bad for hydras and only good for you then.

I saw someone push pretty high on PTR with removing all their Crit on gear with Pain shard, but couldn’t remember if it was Typhons or not. I might be getting confused with at the time #1 Flame blades Firebird which would make more sense.

Yeah I think in season 25 people played Firebird Flame Blades with the attack speed Pain shard if I’m remembering right. And Frost Nova for freezes.

1 Like

Yeah I did that build too in S25, but never went for removing crit on gear. If you do that you mine as well run BP instead of CoE. The BP uptime should exceed the Fire rotation uptime by several times. Of course 100% CC vs like 60% isn’t 3x damage in that 4s window but maybe over 12 second rotation. Not to mention all the other stats gained from dropping CC.

So, just overflow it.
So, max ias isnt hard to reach with 50% tasker in cube and 15 Ias Pet Gem.
But why doesnt hydra benefits from the +120% crit dmg.
This stone is for pets, so it should work, otherwise its a bug.
Hydra is our dmg dealer, we dont have other

No he’s saying they do crit, but they don’t crit 100% of the time when mobs are CC hence the gem effect. So what he’s saying is basically the gem effect besides the 50% haste isn’t very useful to hydras in comparison to just flat damage pet shard brings, this will only become evident to higher GR pushes btw because in speeds when you CC mobs you’ll still likely wreck everything with Pain gem (I know I am.)

Btw I’ve found a way to make Broken Promise work with hydras, it’s actually pretty fun and has a lot of potential in grouping mobs and blasting them down.
So the way BP works with the Pain gem, you would think they just counter each other and come into conflict since hydras can’t trigger BP but this is where you come into the picture.

You basically just run around casting Blizzard till BP procs, this is usually within a second or two you can tell because you’ll see the yellow crits, as soon as you see that you cast the hydras THEN they get the 100% crit and blast everything because they’re snapshotting your 100% sheet crit, what’s left gets triggered by your CC spells which will then make them crit but not trigger BP again.

You can tell when it’s the BP 100% crit because it will actually go on your sheet damage which the Shard effect 100% crit won’t. It’s almost like a Meteor version for hydras, gather and go Booom, pretty sweet! The caveat with this is you gotta make sure to actually still gear 15% CC to negate the -15% CC and balance it at zero. If you don’t do this when you trigger BP buff you’ll actually be @ 90% (because you cannot remove your natural 5% CC) and ruin the whole effect.

Anyway sorry didn’t mean to hi-jack breakpoints with BP , still related to hydra though at least.

EDIT update: GR130 with it so far so clearly it works

1 Like

Playing with Echo and ias gem and ias on gear is also really funny.
Sure you are quicker to the guardian, but he takes longer

1 Like

Yeah the Guardian can be a pain but it’s also the easiest to proc BP on since it’s a single so in speeds usually not an issue but probably on average yeah you’re zipping through mobs faster but RG takes longer sometimes.

The real issue I’ll get with that is every once in awhile I’ll have a bad pull and it doesn’t trigger and I’ll have to move ahead. Overall pretty nice though, let me gear 140% AD real fast taking off all the crit.

Would hydra sorc be good without tasker and theo ?
7%Ias Weapon
7%Ias Gloves
5,77 from Enchantes
10% Paragon
15% Shard

= 44,77 Ias

You can play without Tasker’s, but Tasker’s is generally adding ~50% dps, so you’d want to be replacing it with something that adds similar value.

There’s been some high end Focus+Restraint clears that ran without Taskers (check out Cascade’s rank 2 clear on NA server in season 25 for example), i.e. replacing Tasker with an extra ring multiplier. The Archon variant also runs without Tasker’s (by necessity to fit Magistrate + Swami, no room left for Tasker’s).

Sorry for the same question.
I’m sick and im taking strong medecine.

How to i get 3.08 Ias on char sheet ?
Atm its 1.94 ( 7 Weapon+7% Gloves), Ias from enchantess is not added dont ask me why.
So even with +15% shard it will not be 3.08

Or other Questions how much ias do i need to add to reach 3.08.
Tasker+Theo+ 7% Weapon+10%Paragon+7% Gloves+ Shard ?
Or would that be too much ?

Like i said my brain is really on drugs.

Btw, Ias Gem with Stack is best for weapon right ? Made over 20 but ididnt got that combo till now.
Whats the best shard for helm ? The Red one with 1000 Int+@ ?

3.02 sheet (for 18 fpa with 50% Tasker’s) = 1.4 weapon base * 1.22 weapon IAS (15% shard, 7% weapon) * 1.77 gear IAS (10% paragon, 25% Frenzied, 7% ring 1, 7% ring 2, 7% gloves, 7% amulet, 7% Witching Hour, 7% Lacuni Prowlers).

To hit 3.08 sheet, you’d also need Enchantress. And yes, her IAS will show in your sheet, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing it.

I would not recommend going this high with gear rolls. the cost for taking amulet IAS + Witching Hour + Lacuni’s vs. other gear options (1x amulet stat + 2x ring stats + 1x glove stat + Guardian’s belt + bracers) is far too high IMO.

You take 6 additional IAS rolls on gear to gain 33% faster hydra attacks. Those 6 IAS gear rolls would translate to 20% cold, 60% area damage (or ancient damage range on rings), and Guardian’s set bonus. 20% cold + 60% area + Guardian’s set adds more damage than the higher hydra breakpoint. The opportunity cost is just too high.

Sliver of Terror with Ring of Fire or Shard of Hatred with 100% damage bonus.

I guess you Sliver of Terror with the IAS + crit effect, that would let you drop an IAS roll off your gear. But you can’t really get more than two cooldowns in a standard hydra build (teleport + Black Hole) so I don’t think this is a particularly compelling option vs. 100% Hatred or Ring of Fire.

1 Like

3.02 is not possible with set and Guardian Sett.
Whats my possible goal with set ? How much do i need ?

Btw, i crafted a lot of bane of hatred ( the blues) none had ever+100% dmg ?

Btw, tested ring of fire, well, dont like that soo much.

@ TinneOnnMuin

Edit :
Whats better, Ias Shard with kill till 100 in weapon for next breakpoint.
Or 23% Cold dmg with kill till 100
For weapon.

For Helm, shard of hatred is useless to me because i play long range hydra.

Everyone can answer aswell :smiley: