PvP at Risk: WSG not working

you dont want glitches like wsg in pvp that have been there ever since, have zero negative impact and are single handedly responsible for not breaking pvp balance just because it is semantically called a “glitch”? You would rather have them completely rebalance skills and you have faith that that would work out fine?

interesting

1 Like

It was a glitch players were used to exploit because the game didnt get any fix for years, thank god this kind of stuff is getting out of the game.

5 Likes

I pvp and never used it. Nor could my game weapon swap that fast. Is that a hack people use to weapon swap super fast like that? If anything weapon swap should have a 0.20sec cool down.

2 Likes

Source for ebugging being taken out? I’d like to read it.

What is wsg? Can you explain it for me (and others who read your reply)?

wsg is a way to escape stunlocks in pvp by switching back and forth between your weapon slots constantly while running out of the stun. This is crucial because otherwise there are a number of skills in the game like mindblast that can pin a character down permanently.

without wsg the existing pvp balance, that is actually very good compared to most other games as all classes have the potential to compete, would completely break as some classes would be completely dominating by essentially permanent stunning their opponents while other classes that heavily rely on wsg to even become viable will be close to unplayable.

5 Likes

Then why not just add a 1sec cool down or something to skill like mind blast and such? Crowd control all ready too Over powered in this game.

1 Like

no its not a hack. people are simply swapping weapons by pressing the respective key for it while running out of a stun. I believe you that you never used it and feel like therefor you dont need it but at a certain (not too high) level of pvp this is completely game breaking if not available. a moderately good assa can pin you down indefinitely for example

I tried it never could i get it to swap that fast. Unless people using scripts to make it swap at 5 times a second.

1 Like

Anyone know if clag is in D2R? Key mechanic in classic…

because that again, is a critical change for the balance of a specific class and it doesnt stop for mb there are ,multiple skills that would need to be reworked with a huge potential to ruin or significantly change the balance in pvp.

there is no downside to keeping wsg in the game as it allways has been there yet we introduce big balancing risks for no reason by removing it and adjusting a multitude of different skills instead for no reason whatsoever.

a simple button spam is more than enough to use wsg properly. The only other thing that needs to be done is run down and nowhere else as that can ruin the effect.

i care. and i wont deal with it just as he wont.

Still people need to cheat with scripts to swap that fast. slow video down u will see 9 swaps in 1 second.
People don’t believe me go to your game right now and see if u swap as fast as u can in video. Which is why i suggest a 0.3 or so sec cool down on swapping if still works at that speed.

2 Likes

So stun is OP. And instead of asking for stun balance changes, you ask to unfix an bug that is already fixed? Seriously?

5 Likes

Dude it’s not a hack.

There are several ways to key-bind setups so you can WSG very quickly, as well as using macro software such as what comes with a Razer mouse. Or you can just do what most people do, and press W repeatedly, which will be enough to get you out of any stun lock.

But regardless, you shouldn’t make assumptions on things you don’t understand and cry hack at it. It’s especially rude in a thread like this where people are sincerely trying to save a game release from a hard botch.

Looks like we’ll just have to find new ways to play instead of relying on glitches to get us through.

6 Likes

The outcome of a battle should be gear and timing/skill dependent. The knowledge of an unintended glitch to tip the balance is what I would call “unfair”.

If they were to introduce item wagering, would you want someone using some unintended glitch against you?

Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Automation of keypresses via outside game macros like keyboard software etc is forbidden .

3 Likes

You won’t though. That’s what people in this thread are trying to explain.

The intra-class dynamic becomes seriously dysfunctional without WSG.

1 Like