PvP at Risk: WSG not working

If cant pvp without using glitch, maybe should stay playing against monsters only.

Gotcha, I just realized as well that this is part of the original game mechanic. It should be changed to match because they said they aren’t changing mechanics

Swaping should still have at least a 0.2sec cool down, I pretty sure you can lag game out with multiple people doing 10 swaps a second.
And if something in PvP becomes unfair new GM rules are created.

Yes, skills need rebalancing badly anyway.

3 Likes

This need reverting asap

WSG is a crutch that people got so used to that they forgot how to walk without it. In d2r you will learn how to walk again. This is not a bad thing.

4 Likes

You’re just pulling assumptions out of your wazoo again. Just stop man.

I don’t know why people in this forum try so so hard to argue and discuss things they know very little about. I mean it is quite clear that you are a person who has never participated in any tournaments or pvp ladders, and probably rarely ever joined even a pub duel game, and probably didn’t stick around very long. Have you ever even built an end-game pvp setup and dueled other people with end-game pvp setups, so that you know how the meta dynamic even feels in Diablo 2?

I mean when it comes to game balance discussions like this. Who possesses more knowledge and the ability to more accurately gauge the cause & effect of a change?

1. Someone making speculations on a game mode they never participated in.
  2. Or people who have religiously played the game mode for the past 20 years.

This isn’t a discussion about if we want ploot or transmogs or some other opinion based topic. This is a discussion about hard game mechanics. No one is lying to you or trying to fool you. The people who have religiously played Diablo 2 pvp for the past 20 years, who actually have participated in higher tiered competitive scenes where meta end-game physics have real limitations that can’t be pushed any further, are telling you that the game’s pvp dynamic will be botched without WSG.

I don’t care if you “look at it on paper on by principle alone I feel it is a bug and it should be removed” because in actual application, the absence of WSG ruins the game’s pvp.

Without WSG, Diablo 2’s pvp will be no better than Diablo 3’s pvp. Just a big flop.

9 Likes

Or perhaps you could get good?

Not rely on a crutch to win?

Perhaps practice more?

Any number of things that require time, effort or skill to achieve. Or you could just whine on forums. See what that gets you.

4 Likes

Can just imagine how stupidly op assassin mindblast will be without WSG, It’s gamebreaking If WSG doesn’t work properly tbh.

1 Like

Yah I do play PvP duel me. You the one making assumptions that I dont PvP.

Also are you saying you need to be able to swap more than 5 times a second for wsg to work well and not willing to put a small cool down on it?

You would get pooped on by anyone decent in pvp. It wouldn’t even be close. The fact that you never used wsg and think you are any good is laughable; ignorance is truly bliss.

Stay in your lane.

3 Likes

No, glitches should be fixed and stun skills balanced.

5 Likes

Wtf? You crash into this thread, proposing non-sense about something you don’t even understand in the slightest. What is wrong with you man?

There is one little issue with WSG, which can be fixed. Why would you instead change the way multiple skills work entirely? How far from a realistic suggestion can you even get?

5 Likes

You make your first post in these forms just to say that? Actions speak louder then words. But as I was saying small cool down so people cheating using macros for doing 10+ swaps a second not possible.

So many people, who don’t know a bit about this game, posting non-sense here. Really gross stuff. Idk what’s wrong with you.

Why don’t you post about something, you have a clue about?

There is a community, balancing this game FOR 20 YEARS because the publishers didn’t do it for them. And now you punks come here and talk about glitches and “get good”. What a freaking idiot show.

10 Likes

bro he plays single player with plugy he has no clue about pvp lmao

3 Likes

Only issue I have with WSG is that fact that people cheat using macro/scripts/hacktools to Weapon swap stupid fast. Which is why I would be fine with WSG as long as there is a cool down on swaping weapons, 0.25 or .2 sec I sure be enough.
So called pros should be aware of this and suggest a fix like I have, a middle ground. Though they the ones that cheat most likely.

1 Like

Lololol. We all know that Diablo PvP is Rock Paper Scissors. To say otherwise is foolish. That’s why mirror match duels are the only real test of your ability with a class.

You think an assassin would stand a chance against a teleport spamming tstorm sorc?

Nope. /deleted

2 Likes

im sure for you its non stop scissors paper boy

And those were the words I was looking for.

Well done.

2 Likes