PTR Rend; Devs did great & Careful with your feedback

Mah dude, there’s no wildfire in here, no burning requests for nerfs. Even Jako’s post is put forth thoughtfully and with tact–here, where we can debate and discuss, civilly. If nerfs happen, it is not because of reasonable, calm discussions like what we do. If nerfs happen, it will be due to either PTR trolls or the devs not seeing test results align with their goals.

I get that debate gets heated, but telling each other to “GTFO” for voicing discontent? When did that become acceptable?

Your tone, and that of a few others, is just out of line. We are, as a community, better than that, and I’m holding us accountable.

Now, if you want to take that kind of fire into the PTR Feedback Forum, please do. When I post the thread, that kind of staunch defense will be much appreciated.

3 Likes

There are already multiple requests for nerfs. Does it count as a wildfire? Not yet. Will it? Should it?

1 Like

I remember -clearly- the times we had barb crippled the last minute in the PTR, simply because other classes are much more united than us, and cried for barb nerfs in unison, while some of us went “oh well, that might be reasonable, we are too strong”

That kind of response haven’t been too much good for us. I’m glad they finally added Rend to 6pc wastes. I’ve been asking for this since its release. I hope they do not take that down in order to attend civilised cries for nerf.

Were.

They were more united. Not anymore.

So let’s clean it up and show them why we’re the best dang community on the forums. And if you want to fight the good fight, head over to the PTR forums and start replying to those asking for nerfs with calm, reasonable points.

1 Like

How about we’ve only been zDPS for so many years, now is our time to bring the pain train online? ^^ <3

3 Likes

As I said before, I like the auto rend too; however, not everyone agrees with me.

1 Like

As I’ve seen over the years playing any game. If it’s not the class you are gonna play, and it’s considered “op” they will complain and want it nerfed cuz the other class shouldn’t be better than the one they play. Or. They will switch class just because it’s op and they want to be in a leader board or want it really easy. As I see it. If someone else does something that gives them a big advantage, it’s considered op or broken. But if that same person who complains does that same thing, they consider themselves very skilled and there’s nothing wrong with it.
Hell if everyone is just gonna complain blizzard can just shut down d3. They don’t make much off the game besides the purchase of the game and the necro expac.

After doing some math, I don’t even think my suggestion would be a nerf at all.

It’d be a buff.

So you little whiners should calm down.

1 Like

On a side note, what I’d really like to see is a legendary power for Skorn, Rend related. All Rend Runes, maybe? It would be great going 2H Wastes, with big, fat Rend damage, like the good old days.

5 Likes

Just chiming in after actually getting to play this build I agree even more strongly than before; the devs did an awesome job with switching how damage is applied between WW/Rend and the build feels powerful but not overpowered.

So far I’ve played with BK’s, IB’s, 2H, I even tried a shield for kicks and it wasn’t bad all between 115-123. I was able to clear maps that went 5-6 levels deep with nary a Festering Woods or Battlefield of Eternity in sight. In short, we have power, gearing options for variety without having to rely on fishing.

At this point in the game I could care less where the damage is coming from, ultimately we’re all right-clicking and tossing in a Ground Stomp or Charge. I really hope this goes live as is.

4 Likes

Why is auto-apply of rend bad? Do you want to make it complicated? Like wizard non-vyr sets complicated? Where you need to meet several stacking condition to even being to do damage or get mitigation?

Be careful what you’re wishing for, as it might happen if you really wish hard <3

The only way to convert some damage back to WW is to change Lamentation. Keep the first part where it can stack twice, but instead of increasing rend damage it could increase WW damage by 600%? I don’t even know if that would cut it.

Honestly, I would prefer if blizz just left it as is. I feel like the more they put their hands on barb, the greater chance for a nerf. They did good, I’m happy, don’t create more work for them lol.

“If it aint broke, don’t fix it.”

1 Like

It’s just a boring mechanic. At least in my opinion.

I guess they decided to do it to make Rend easier to use, and then the Rend detonation eliminates calculations and server lag.

But ya, just a boring mechanic.

I think it’s here to stay. Which is fine if it’s what the developers need in order to make the build easier on the server. Just wish there was another way myself.

1 Like

Can u please grab data from all server? I promise u your statistics will be changed significantly. Average wiz should be above 140. And it is a fishy build.

For the PTR there is only one server. For other servers, I can look at the current numbers, but I did that a couple months ago. Let me find that post and I’ll update here.

Also, you can check out the current top 20 era wizards here.

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=grift&action2=era&realm=0&class=wizard&server=all&group=1

Data from August 4, where I looked at the top 40 solo clears worldwide.

1 Like

You can google 凯恩之角, find 英雄榜,they grab all data. I can’t send u link. I am only tl2.

for links just use </> looking thing on the top of the text box or simply add ~ before the address

1 Like

I tried. But, These links are not trusted by bliz. They won’t let me post.

What is wrong with some builds good at great mobs densities and some builds good at low mobs densities ? Why is it so bad to have something like elite hunters bulds and big white piles hunters builds ?

1 Like

Part of what I’m saying is this: Thanks to a few folk pushing the buffed Rend on PTR, a nerf is very likely.

I’m going to argue against that, of course, but again: A nerf is very likely.

And if it is very likely, one way to maintain a very buffed power potential and potentially appease the logic behind the nerf is to shift some of the DPS output from Rend to WW, hint, hint.

For example, if they lower the Rend bonus on Lamentation, but increase the bonus on Skull Grasp, yes, the build becomes a little fishier, and yes, it becomes harder to achieve the truly top-end clears, but the build remains closer to its current PTR iteration for most players and achieves better balance between its two primary skills.

Y’all following me here?

4 Likes