PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

Haven’t you learned anything from the previous PTRs? Where the heck are all balance changes? You can’t expect to sort out the balance by just guessing afterwards. Currently the balance is all over the place, some builds are still clearly underpowered while that one crusader build (A6I2 Bomb) is way overpowered.

I can see this becoming a total mess once the patch goes officially live.

2 Likes

Well, yes, the purpose of the PTR is to test the upcoming seasonal changes and themes, etc.

But I’ve 100% verified that I’m logged into PTR and my character(s) copied etc, and no 4th Cube slot. :frowning:

All copied toons are from last season making them normal toons.

you must make a new seasonal on the ptr to use 4th cube

1 Like

When you COPY to PTR, all your character turns into Non-Seasons. You have to rebirth or create a new character for Season to test it.

1 Like

Sigh, that’s pretty dumb tbh… So whether I create or rebirth, now I’m starting from lv1 to test the upcoming season?

With the launch of Phase 2, we were able to share updates regarding bug fixes/changes and the change to build variations for Shadow Clones. However, I want to be transparent to acknowledge that there weren’t any significant changes to the items - and I apologize if this disappoints anyone.

We’re proactively gathering feedback from all posts, here and the PTR section. Learnings and takeaways from your feedback are planned for implementation as we approach the live version.

We want to thank you all for your continued support and hope to hear more regarding the seasonal content that was released today. I’ll be chiming into threads with known issues, and any additional updates I get from the dev team.

Thanks again - Filthie

6 Likes

This is just a shame, whulst we appreciate the improved communication since you came on board. The same mistakes are being made and key improvements are not being implemented.

Why have a ptr if feedback isnt implemented during it?

2 Likes

Wait, what ? What communication ? There was like whole month without a single blue post…

1 Like

Thats improved around here

1 Like

You know what PTR stands for, right? Patch Testing Redundant. Some argue D3 PTR means “Patch Testing not Required”, but I go with the former.

Totally tiring that’s the worst patch they have ever released, ow MINE after playing more than 6k hours and mostly with my wizard have never felt more outraged with the outcome of what my character turn out to be, is now the most pathetical class in the game is an ubsurd.

DEV team seriously guys do something people is starting to get really pissed with the issue. You guys just killed the only cool item we had to have fun with several different builds and also doing that you gaves no build to play with LON (legacy of the nightmares gem).
See I have a great wizard with a bunch of primal wich use to do GR 126 solo with the LON build and now I cannot even do a GR 110 with the new energy twister build.

DEV team please be serious fix the defense and damage on the unique almost build to play with LON of the wizard not to say that crusaders in comparison are doing GR 150 quite easily a guy scored a GR 140 not much geared in 8 minutes with a paragon of 1900 (just to have in MIND wizards take 30% more damage than other clases, in order to supossebly do more damage).

OOOOOOOWWWwwwww shame, sorrowly and disgusting of not being heard I think those will be the last words to be shared on the theme, and serious ppl is getting mad about it, happend before last time was pretty bad for blizzard, and it seems that you guys just don´t hear due you guys don´t seem to have a customer opinion like us that we do play as hell.

4 Likes

Hopefully there will be item changes from Phase 1 and new additional changes before S22 goes live. It looks like theres still a chance we might see something but we wont really test them in PTR, we’d probably test these changes during the downtime between season end to season start. Non-Season is also PTR lol… Guess we’ll wait and see what happens.

10/8 Update: Hotfix Incoming

We’ve read into player issues and want to share some of our findings and plans for an upcoming Hotfix:

1. Shadow Clone Dying: The Shadow Clone should only die under the conditions of the player dying or when the 1-minute Shadow Clone spawn timer runs out. Unfortunately, the Shadow Clones dying outside of the designed circumstances and a fix is being worked on to correct this.

2. Necromancer Shadow Clone Causing Crashes: Necromancer Shadow Clones are currently causing game crashes for players. We believe this is due to Build Variation 3, specifically with the skill Bone Spirit - Poltergeist.

3. Game Freezes at Loading Screens: An issue we’re currently investigating is related to game freezes when loading into a game (error:395002). We want to invite any additional insight on this if you encounter the issue.

Timing: The team will continue to monitor the current progress of the PTR and we wanted to share that we are aiming to implement a Hotfix for this on 10/9. We understand that due to issue #2, you may be limited to testing the Necromancer. Thank you all for your patience and I’ll post back up when I get more updates.

4 Likes

Was it you that lamented how much time they must have spent on the seasonal theme instead of proper item adjustments? I gotta say, you NAILED it. Look at this mess ;/

3 Likes

Waiting to see how they mess up the wizard builds even more…

You would need 2+ more weeks of testing and adjusting the changes from this catastrophe. Strange how they buff Necro Bone Spear and Sader so easily with 1 change… but mess up the 3 wizard builds with their new additions

3 Likes

Tbh thats not the way to test things propperly. Normally you want :
Test (week) - gather feedback - implement feedback - update test server - test (at least 4 a 5 days) - implement last changes/bugfixes - push to live servers - time to crush last bugs untill start season.

It is not that hard and can be done in the same timeframe as current ptr. Your way looks like it is going to be : ptr - implement changes - push to live servers and pray everything went well. You are in dire need of some test engineers…

7 Likes

Are you able to answer the questions I posted? I’m not the only ones asking them.

Not helping, but you can’t go through this PTR then Live with so many crap…you need to extend this PTR to another session if you want to iron out this.

You acknowledge the feedback given , and took no action…and not only that…you did not even try to let us know there WILL be another update to balance the items?.. so, what is the point?..you just decide another % number to increase without letting us run them through?..

oh boy…

For code 395002, I can get right on PTR with second account no problem but my main account gets that code. Started right after attempting to join a friends game on PTR and now we both get that code. I tried everything in article for the code and even completely uninstalled/reinstalled Bnet and PTR.

1 Like

were currently limited from any testing as the whole ptr seems to have 4k latency.

lets hope the poltergeist gets exorcised quick

2 Likes