No changes from Part I?

DMO & Tals are both viable with the boosts to Twister. DMO Twister is testing better than LoD twister. There’s a niche frozen orb build that uses LoD that may be stronger than any other wizard build, but it requires high paragon.

1 Like

They want the focus to be seasonal theme. They saw the data and will adjust accordingly.

Don’t worry, the real 3 month PTR is coming up soon, aka the next season. Don’t believe me? Ask anyone who played a build that was tested in a PTR, had it go live in the season, enjoyed it, then saw it nerfed after the season.

They have been trying to balance this game for 8 years and are still miles away from any reasonable balance. Hopefully, we will get a reasonably balanced game when D4 is released, so we can get actual content updates instead of 8 years of beta testing.

4 Likes

It certainly would have been nice to see a short Blizzard post in the crusader thread at least acknowledging that Blizz had read it. Given the absence of such, I can only conclude that they have not.

Although my conclusion may be incorrect, one thing remains certain: Blizzard’s PR approach is downright horrible at this point. I actually find it offensive that people like you should go through all the math, planning, then posting only to not even receive a word of “we heard you” from the dev team.

8 Likes

True, communication is a problem since a few years and it doesnt seem to get any better in near future. i mean we test their sh*t for free and they don’t even listen, roughly said. and there are some ppl out there who really put alot of effort into their feedback. Still no communication

2 Likes

Rich replied on the top of General Forum. He should have spoken in the PTR Feedback forum because that’s we’re all checking.

This game would be better off if the devs placed most of their time into balance, new items and QoL instead of wasting time producing half-baked season themes that fizzle out in 3 months.

Investing 50%+ of patch development hours into the creation of Shadow Clones, when 70% of the items in this game are not impactful is foolish. Just like the last, this season theme is already buggy and precious dev time is being wasted by not addressing ‘the exciting stuff – the builds’. The 4th cube slot is fine, but Shadow Clones are gimmicky.

They must feel pressure to keep this grandiose season nonsense on their itinerary because of competing games. I truly believe if they revamped 100 items, it would bring a larger crowd than Shadow Clones.

They surveyed me in the past after Season 19, Eternal Conflict, and I told them I wanted new builds to play. I guess my feedback did not match the other submissions, or perhaps they disregarded it and did whatever they please.

I will reserve my judgements when the final patch notes arrive. Hopefully they don’t blow it and they nail the balance of the items THEY opted to edit. In the meantime, look at these notes and take inspiration from the past:

Most enjoyable D3 patches:

Patch 2.6.1 PTR Patch Notes - Diablo III (89 items changed)

Patch 2.6.4 PTR Preview - Diablo III (24 items changed)

13 Likes

This, exactly…!!

7 Likes

I agree with you so much !

6 Likes

Agreed. I get that the Season themes are big draws, but as someone who despises Seasons, I would much prefer the focus be items–you know, the things that impact all modes of play.

7 Likes

they are obviously working on part 1 changes while part 2 is being tested, dummy

1 Like

Truthfully speaking, unless they plan on extending the ptr, I don’t see that happening.

1 Like

Wow people are never happy. They want all builds to be close to each other. They give them that. And now its too powerful.

Of course there was no changes between the two. The changes will come when the PTR is over. Of maybe before the second PTR to test out the changes.

People keep acting like this is still a majorly developed game. This game is being taken care of by a small team that also has other projects to worry about. Like it or not D# is on the moth balls and we should be happy they are working on it at all at this point.

Well if thats a fact, why they dont just say that. If they say stuff like they communicate with us, we expect them to communicate with us. When they say stuff like they balance, we expect them to balance stuff. and if they say they take ptr more serious and extend the current season to get more out of the ptr, we expect them to do what they just said. it doesnt matter if d3 has a small team or not. if you say you will do something, you should not be surprised if you dont do it and ppl get mad about it. common sense

===============
[Edited for language - Blizz]

Well had you been paying attention then you would know that. They have stated many times that this project is now on the back burner and that they cut the team.

Also you expecting them to communicate with you. You think too much of yourself. You play a game that is a money hole.

Also if you go back and listen to exactly what they say. They never promised any predefined results. Just things they are working on.

There is only soo serious they can take a game that cost the more then it makes.

If you are getting mad about a game that is almost a decade hold

There’s been absolutely no indication that there’ll be a second PTR.

2 Likes

They didn’t cut the team, they switched the team. D3 is in the hands of the Classic Games team and honestly has been recieveng more attention than when the main Diablo team was handling it. Of course the attention which it has recieved has also been a bit hit and miss but at least it’s getting attention.

What people are upset about is that the feedback given to the team is pretty much ignored.

3 Likes

which team and where does the information come from? if it’s a team, how can it be that less is done here than a student “dev” who learns to program on the side? how many hours per month do they work on d3? There are so many simple questions unanswered here that the contribution is insufficient.
and why are the bounty botter not banned or completely banned? I would have to read out complex information from logs with shell, rebuild it and also display it legibly in an excel table. Since I’m actually only an sql / c / java expert, I would have to start almost from scratch and googled … it took me 4 hours!
how fast do you think i can find out all bounty botter and show their account assignments in a list? that’s a walk. above all, the company certainly has no causal notebooks.
and i also modded d2 and also lots of 3d shooters. I know how easy it is …

what people say here reads like sci-fiction.
and not even a reasonable beginner “dev” with 2+ years of programming experience would build in so many bugs. he also only recycles existing code.

You know the size of the two teams are very different right?

Seems like it was answered.

I’m assuming you have proof of this since you made the claim.

The game will be balanced when Diablo IV is out…

1 Like