PS5 / Xbox S.X Upgrade?

Just a bit faster. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

On the XBox, yes. And a base PS4 or PS4 Pro too.

But itā€™s not really any faster if you have a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD installed. With the XBox One X, I tried an external SSD, and that seemed to make very little difference, so it was faster there too.

EDIT

Ah, thought you were talking about the PS5 SSD. Right now I would say that itā€™s still very game dependent for the speed.

Comparing your pc to the consoles. ā€œJust a bit fasterā€

How much you pay for your 3090? Was it prebuild?

D3 on my PS5 has faster loading times but the ā€œlagā€ in it is due to game engine optimisations or lack of thus no matter the hardware its the game engine at fault and hardware will not improve it.

1 Like

On my ps5 compare to PS4 pro + ssd load times are 0%
The only thing eliminated are some maps that frames shredder , now not happening.
A ps5 patch for the graphics power must exist.
I donā€™t think is to difficult a patch come out with optimisation for ps5.

It isnā€™t but the only PS4 games getting PS5 patches to unlock 60fps etc are more recent games.

D3 is 2014ā€¦7 years old and with very limited dev time being devoted to Seasonal themes and balance changes the chances of a PS5 or XBSX patch is literally zero.

60 fps runs already on ps5
But is not utilised all this power

The season blog has a list of the versions of diablo 3 the patch applys to.
The season 23 blog shows that patch 2.7.0 applys to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
The season 24 blog shows that patch 2.7.1 will apply to Playstation 4, Playsation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Iā€™m not sure what your point is?

The PS5 and XBSX patches are the PS4 and XB1 patches because of backwards compatability.

They are not separate patches that Blizzard developed specifically for PS5/XBSX etc.

My point is that while itā€™s currently true that the PS5 and Xbox series x/s are using the PS4 and XB1 patches.That may be changing with the next patch.
Season 23 came out 4 months after the next gen consoles and yet their not on the version list for the 2.7.0 patch.In patch 2.7.1 they are on the version list.
If youā€™re right then why werenā€™t the next gen consoles on the version list in the season 23 blog.
The fact that they werenā€™t in the season 23 blog but are in the season 24 blog suggests something is changing.

It wonā€™tā€¦there will be no separate PS5/XBSX patches that are specific.

When you realize the dev team is very, very small and not Console specific and the remit is simply Seasonal themes and Balance changes then the chance of any nextgen patch is literally zero.

If youā€™re right then why werenā€™t the next gen consoles on the version list in the season 23 blog.
The fact that they werenā€™t in the season 23 blog but are in the season 24 blog suggests something is changing.

Do you know Blizzard? They simply forgot and now have changed the notes to reflect that the currentgen consoles are backwards compatabile.

You may be right, but I hope youā€™re not.Weā€™ll find out soon.Even if they did make next gen versions I wouldnā€™t expect major changes.

Iā€™d hope so too but we have not had any Console specific patches for the PS4/XB1 so to get a PS5/XBSX specific patch that enhance or take advantage of currentgen hardware is extremely unlikely.

You can play the PS4 version on the PS5. You will also be able to play D2 on the PS5. D4 will be the game that will take advantage of the PS5 power and specs.

I donā€™t know if D1 for the PSone is on PSnow to complete the set.

nope.damnittohellgetridofthe20charlimit

so close :pleading_face:

20?

this is 20 char limi

in order to post. I much prever EVE onlines 5 character limit.

The requirement is for a post to contain at least 20 characters. However, thereā€™s no requirement for the characters to be displayed characters. For example, anything the forum software thinks is HTML code will count towards the limit, but will not be displayed. As an example, if you posted thisā€¦

Hello <This part will not be shown>

ā€¦all that would show up in your post would be

Hello

EVEā€¦ now that takes me back.