Proposal to change the seasonal theme

I also suggest adding a little something to the current S20 theme.
While I welcome the additional cube slot ideas,
S20 + RROG or other earlier season themes might be feasible with your code base.

Russian spammers from mr BLO’s stream are still coming and liking post. Pay attention to this. It’s fake likes. Look at constructive suggestions about bazooka fix etc. They have 15-20 likes only not 500.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t really care about this context. The idea is good, it’s largely enough for me.
(I don’t mean to be rude ofc)

1 Like

I actually agree with the OP that having 2-3 weapon/armor/jewelry cube slots is a much more interesting idea. However, I despise stream and discord brigading. Let your idea stand on its own merits without having to call upon your loyal fanbase to bolster the likes.

5 Likes

Im not from loyal fanbase :slightly_smiling_face: but I give like for this topic from three accounts bcs i love this game and i care :smiley:

1 Like

One of the biggest problems I see with the theme is that other than playing around with speed builds, I don’t think most people will use it for push builds.

Most push builds are pretty set in stone for your cube choices, and while it might be fun to have an extra weapon affix, for example, what you’d need to give up to get it is too great a loss.

Now giving the option to have a 4th cube slot, that can be used to add only one at a time of the weapon, armor, or jewellery slots might make more sense.

2 Likes

So, I dare to assume that you are not Russian, but at the same time a Russian-speaking person (your profile says a lot and especially your char “ЯРУСКИЙЖИЕСЬ”). You had 3 posts here and all your posts are also suspiciously extremely skeptical.
Especially it looks silly to hype and hate the post in “highly likely” way!

And yes, you can hate us because we have TEAM and we providing SUPPORT for our team members.

5 Likes

Devs said already this (description of patch 2.6.8):

Developer’s Note: As we outlined in our Developer Insight blog, we want to continue to get creative (and maybe a little crazy) with the Season Themes and powers we add to the game. We heard from some players that they preferred themes that made your character directly feel more powerful rather than needing to focus on the environment around you. If that describes you, then the Season of Forbidden Archives should be right up your alley, and we’re really interested to see how this changes the game for Season 20.

No “creative (a little crazy)” and “power” in the original buff of season 20. Do you know about large queue on each PTR? Do you know about massive cheats on consoles? That’s exactly what is interesting for very big amount of fans. And in this thread there is suggestion to make season 20 more interesting (and slightly less powerfull) than season 19 was. Instead of doing one more season with really weak buff which will lead to the low activity of players on it.

For that purpose I am here (the strongest of the species and the most intelligent). :smile:
Though Mr Blo by himself is demonstrating at last his real intelligence and his real strongest on our native forum (it seems that I infected him successfully). :wink:

One more russian (or ukrainian) here.
Again one more my opponent at my native forum which demonstrates now his real intelligence. Nice.

Nothing wrong. Russians are here. “Yankee go home”. :woman_facepalming:

Yep.

You again forgot about the simple fact - we have the very limited number of items that can give power, so your 4th slot and even 6 slots (sooner 5 slots) are still about increasing your power (like 3 slots with free assignment) while 9 slots are about using such legs that you will never choose in the regular gameplay (because you must take at first all useful legs, but - if you have additional slots when you already chosen all useful legs - you can add any other legs you just like). And yes, I already provided numbers for the usual increasing of power - they are not above ones that was in season 19, though this season was about “the effects of the environment” and the season 20 will be about “power of heroes due to their equipment” (and devs understand the difference between such buffs - i.e. there are players that like first type of buffs and there are players that like the second type of buffs; the last ones skipped the season 19 due to its theme).

I already explained this moment. Moreover, I am the solver of “problems of millenium” in D3 by the simplest ways (I already demonstrated this in my threads on this forum) and all these my genial suggestions have very low number of likes (I will explain again this moment below). You are nothing in comparison with me in such case - you neither provided your (genial) suggestions in your own threads nor even shown your strong arguments against the suggestion of this thread.

Very bad practice.
Of course, if you do not have RoS on all of them.

As I said already, the main problem with suggestions on this forum is the fact that players do not provide their likes for them because they just do not believe that any suggestion will be introduced in the game (experience of 7 years of D3). I suggested already (several times) Mr Blo to provide the same activity (that he demonstrated now) in the case of other suggestions, but he did not do this because he knows (and he obtained confirmation of this moment on his own streams) that players will not provide the same support they demonstrated here (this fact can be easily checked on our native forum by anyone, including blue ones; or confirmed by anyone from our forum). I know about only 2 cases of such support and both cases was about season patches (i.e. players can easily check the effect of their activity in the limited number of time; moreover, they already know that they will provide their likes by the team - i.e. suggestion will collect many likes - that’s why they provide so many likes for threads like this one and do not provide their likes for other threads with nice suggestions).

Moreover, I already suggested the simplest way to check this moment:

Very simple logic. Very simple test.

2 Likes

Guys, guys, guys, let’s not get the hell out of prejudice.
No one is trying to wind up this topic, and the topic itself is not specifically about 3-6-9 slots boost.
This topic is about the fact what WE\YOU need to convey to the Dev the fact that many (I’m not saying everyone), and not only at your respected and high-performance US-EN forum, are unhappy with the proposed theme of the season, with its variability and fun for the players. If still it will be implemented in its current form, the number of active seasonal players will be dramatically poor, and interest to this spectacular game will decrease even more.

For reference, here is a link to a topic which leads Russian-speaking players come to your forum. Look at the number of clicks on the link to your forum. Look at the players who leave comments in the national part of the forum for the same topic.

Here is the translation for you guys:

Created a petition on the us forum about changing the themes of season 20, (link)

Everyone who agrees with this idea, please like that topic on the us forum, you can also leave a comment. Our previous proposals were heard and partially implemented a couple of seasons ago, and there are still chances.

So no tricks and no fraud from our side. We are always came in an open, honest, and direct manner.

9 Likes

2 acc with RoS and Necro, 1 acc only with vanilla :slightly_smiling_face: :blush:

2 Likes

Wow, cool. No claims’ from my side in such case. :wink:

P.S.: MurashRS demonstrated above his professionalism. I’m amazed. Very good job.

1 Like

9 legendary affixes is quite greedy and would have killed the season tbh. I not for one second thought there would anything more than 3 affixes. I think it could be interesting to see what happens in season 20 and I’m looking forward to it.

I agree with author that current theme is just too weak, because almost all builds choosin now a must have items in cube. But same time 9 “free” items is too much.
The best option imo is to make 1 classic cube and 1 extra seasonal cube where u can choose any 3 items no matter if it armor/ ring etc.

5 Likes

Those were my first thoughts too. I thought if we have 9 items at the same time it would have been fun. Now when we know it is 3 items it is a totally meh seasonal theme.

YES PLEASE, CHANGE THE SEASONAL THEME. It’s crap. OP 526 likes here and growing. How can you be so boring blizzard.

Suggestion: Make at least 6 available slots with any type of items if 9 is too much and have a 7TH special unique locked slot which you can unlock after reaching some milestone in a game.

For example GR70, also this slot could increase the legendary power by 25% or so.

5 Likes

They emphasize that they want to have your character feels powerful without relying on outside force such as Triune, so they will give us the buff that will affect our character insider, but from what I have seen in S20 seasonal, interchangeable kanai cube doesn’t give “power” to us.

In normal game, the kanai cube, especially for pushing GR, the setup is pretty much focusing on offense at the weapon slot, defense for the armor slot , and offense or defense for the jewelry slot.

Making the Kanai cube interchangeable will not change a damn thing because it would still need defense at pushing GR. Removing the defense from the armor slot and put it another offense effect will not help your character to push farther since you lost your defense in return and this spells doom at GR120++

6 kanai slot or 9 kanai slot is not only able to powered up your character a lot, it also open a lot of options on how to use those unpopular legendary effect that you never care (or rather you can’t) in the past for your character to push the GR.

6 Likes

This exactly. I hope they truly don’t go with their 3 slots or its gonna be :frowning:

3 Likes

You know i would be happy if they just rerun Season 19 and fixed the known bugs and fixed the in server lag , season 19 was definitly the best season ever. Some buffs for lesser builds would be nice as its obvious in a group who is doing the work and who is left out

1 Like

Exactly the point.

I just see some change in MP Push meta, with the DPS having only offensives in the cube, and that’s all.
ex: Hydra will surely have Taskers, Magistrate, Furnace

6 slots would be largely enough to make some new builds emerge, and would make this season really enjoyable.

• With 6 slots, all class can easily speedfarm T16 Bounties/GR:
    Allows Nemesis, Moving skills legendaries, RoRG for sage set, without any sacrifice. Sounds neat to me.

-Could make old builds/fun builds emerge:
Allows fun combination, implanting some proc items, minor builds diversification.
ex: For Hydra, you could use Taskers,Magistrate,Manald, Stellar Wand, Aquilae, Thunderfury
Even if it’s just minor in some case, all classes gain a huge benefit.

I can sound really insistant, and I apologize if I am not really understood, since english is not my main language.
I don’t care about this “Russian discord raid gate”. The idea is good, and could bring a lot of personalisation and diversity to the META.

Will this “break” the game and 150 GR cap?

The question is ofc mandatory here. And we can think this will be the case. But on the other hand, multiplier on legendaries skills are often limited/restricted by the number of legendaries supporting it.
ex: Hydra has actually 2 multipliers with Sparker/Magistrate. Other legendaries like Taskers/Furnace/CoE can bring some, but not in a blatant way like the other two.

3 Likes

Cheating is interesting for a very big amount of fans? Uh, okay. Good for them I guess.
The S20 change can be considered creative and might make your character directly feel more powerful. Just not that much. Seems like a buff that might create some new builds rather than make current top builds stronger. Which would fit quite well with Blizzards stated goal.

There seem to be an idea that “more power” => “better”. I couldn’t disagree more. What makes a season theme interesting has little to do with how much it buffs your characters power. Especially so in D3, with its meaningless power progression systems.

Not to say that the bonus couldn’t be different of course. A 4th cube slot could be interesting as well.

What was good about the S19 theme in your opinion?

4 Likes