Plz fix bone spear visual

I love the new design too.

Also, looks like aiming will be easier. The circles were a distraction.

1 Like

Definitely agree. Bone spear looks so weak and at first I didn’t even think it was the same skill.
Same goes for charged bolt and lightning imo. Sure it’s more realistic, but I was hoping they would stay more true to D2’s version of it.

Also for aiming, don’t you aim with the mouse and not with the skill animation? Once you’ve shot it it’s too late anyway

7 Likes

I hold Shift + Click sometimes. Then adjust aim afterwards.

I sometimes have trouble telling who it was actually hitting.

The rings are what made Bone Spear iconic

They need to make them a little bolder / lower opacity on them for sure.

5 Likes

Agree on this, it looks like a flying spaghetti xD

6 Likes

I made a Post on this as well brother and the brown freaking druid wolf probably brown pets now 2 -- they also changed the iconic bone shield -- Bro why they changing things like that when they’re supposed to be updating the visual renders.???.

honestly i wouldn’t be opposed to a better looking and thinner bone wall and bone prison

2 Likes

I noticed these things right away,
Right a reduction like that would be more understandable, since tactics have been used with those skills for dupes and crashing games.

taken away the sound barrier breakage was a stupid move. on VV’s part they must’ve missed the concept behind thee art… I’m super triggered by them making un necessary changes to things they promised they’d keep as an original. Players that grew up with this game and is an all time fav game for them like myself Notice these things @Blizzard…

I’m pretty sure that was the Lidless Wall shield.

1 Like

its just kinda faint on the visual effect maybe need to turn it up a notch

1 Like

Honestly, I just don’t want seizure city.

I agree. Needs to be a little wider too. Looks like teeth, but just one tooth lol.

3 Likes

When I first watched the demo’s I literally just thought bone spear was a level 1 tooth

Pretty sad

2 Likes

D2 was a 2D sprite game and couldn’t rendition things as well as it wanted to. So for all we know, this is exactly what lightning shouldve looked like all along. I honestly hated the old animations for anything electricity. It was extremely distracting and if 2 or more lite sorc’s were spamming lightning and/or bolts, you couldn’t tell wtf was going on anywhere on screen. Once you are spamming 24 bolts and have 80 fcr, you’ll appreciate the lightnings lack of effect much more.

I agree it needs faint ghostly animated rings that expand behind it and then fade away.

1 Like

I don’t care much for what might have been intended, only for what the game has been all this time. Also I’m not saying I don’t understand why they decided to tone down the lightning, just that I don’t like it. To me it feels like the new lightning effects come from an AAA battery rather than true lightning.
I never had any issues with playing a party almost full of lightning sorc/ama/assa.

Agree to disagree I guess

1 Like

I like the way the “bullet” itself looks for the bone spear but considering how awesome they have made everything look they are definitely missing out on adding the “sound wave” barrier breakage effects

It makes the bone spear look so much powerful

It’s equivalent to taking the effect of the impact from bone spirit away where it explodes outwards like spirit looking bones shattering outwards (explosive)

maybe the visual effect will look like this if you put in more skill points?

No they weren’t. The opposite…