NECRO bone spear

I Just wanted to raise this issue with the Community, The Devs Had said they’re Not trying to take away from the original Experience of D2, WHY is it they Degraded the Look and Quality/Visual of the Necros Bone spear to make it Less of a Visual then thee Original??
am I thee Only one who noticed this next too the Brown Wolf? druid Lol
I just feel we shouldn’t make the Experience Less then what it was we should Beef it up if anything, OR leave it the same!!! Can’t FIX what wasn’t broken.

15 Likes

I’m assuming it’s a work in progress. No reason to be changing the look like you said.

2 Likes

i do think the bone spear should look much more like it’s icon
and yeah i want my wulfie to be light grey again :frowning:

4 Likes

Yep, and I’d bet they’ll change it before release - seems like just one of those things they’ll respond to based on feedback.

I’d hope for some cool, ethereal, subtler effect around the spear instead of the huge light waves, but that’s just me =P OR, make the bone a huge bone spike with a lot of jagged spikes sticking out of it to show the aoe damage effect.

But the visual should definitely be upgraded.

1 Like

Just needs to have that sound barrier breakage and it should sway the grass away when the sound barrier carries by

3 Likes

Yup skill designs really need to be looked at and made identical to original D2.

Don’t know how they let this one slip, there’s no way someone didn’t already mention this to them before Blizzcon.

2 Likes

This is one thing that needs to be changed IMO. The spear looks way too thin and almost looks identical to teeth.

4 Likes

They need to make bone spear like it was and please dont mess with frozen orb, blizzard and lightning fury

1 Like

This has already been addressed.

If you look at the last part of the video a necro fires another bone spear with the waves.

The focused five second visual was probably a pre attempt.

The opacity is way too low, the waves should be nearly as visible as the spear.

1 Like

I Don’t think it was, I seen this Slim necro bone spear all over the footage released, Share what you have showing it Fixed?

Cause at this time they’ve revamped alot of detail from skills and effects that shouldn’t have been messed with unless they’re amplifying effects.

Bone necro is my favorite team based pvp char and I love thr new bone spear gfx personally. It’s easy on the eyes yet looks dangerous and it doesn’t clutter the screen

It’s literally a moment at the end of the official clip.

that means Nothing they down scaled alot of animations including but not limited to the sorcs Blizzard that got revamped.

One thing to note is that in the Beta in ~1 month there are two classes that are not playable: Paladin and Necromancer.

It might be that the Necromancer wasn’t (and isn’t) quite as far along. We’ll obviously see on launch or whenever we see Necromancer video that is newer.

1 Like

this is also what scares Me bud, I’m a Necro and Druid player.
Sorc needed some revamps if Necro needs it but it isn’t available in Beta how will it get work done before release in September. My concern because it won’t even be getting testing. so the majority of the community wonte awaken on this topic till after d2r releases. < biggest fear

I’m debating between Druid an Necro as well. I figure beta gives me time to see if I just want to do Druid and not worry about the “what if” with Necro.

1 Like

I like it. The visual now is an accurate representation of the damage output.

OHH i’m 100% sure Druid will come with it’s own series of complaints Lol
one of them the ugly brown wolf. they gata stop changing color schemes that already were Great. this is a remaster not a remake. i’ll be running a druid as well in the upcoming multiplayer testing #Hype

damage output has nothing to do with the visuals, Bone spear shouldn’t be so small it looks like a needle with no girth. it deserves the same treatment Blizzard got with the sound barrier breakage at the elbow.