Pls give back the tetris

RIght and those stats are already in the character design and their skills.

We don’t need to share those stats to other characters. We don’t need a barb to have int, or a sorc to have str. So just cut out that system completely and replace it with something improves all characters and gives choice and gets rid of one of the most pointless systems in the game (crit and crit damage)

Anyway I should probably stop because this is really off topic.

They also don’t evolve if you throw away the achievements of previous (very talented) dev teams, just to be “innovative”.

If humanity would do science like this, we would still sh** in a cave.

1 Like

those stats give you the possibility to decide, what you actually want your character to be
you can have an agile barbar, you can have a brutal barbar, you can have a full tank barbar
thats what stats are for

1 Like

I mean, I could very well live without spending attribute points after each level, even though I like it. But items without these stats are super strange to me and feel like a lazy simplification.

1 Like

You don’t play, You won’t play, and things must be great in the RPG world when you can’t even find a RPG game to play, even though they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, according to you and are being a sad individual that can only troll in a game you don’t play, and don’t have the first clue about
Anyone can get a Plevel in 5 mins, but then to claim you are an expert in a game you don’t play is just laughable
Sure you aren’t a LordVictor alt account that doesn’t get played as well

Yeah and my system doesn’t go against that? It actually does that. But it fits with the skills that characters have so you don’t have to try and figure out what skills a “strength” sorc would use.

And items still have stats on them. I didn’t remove that in my system.

The stats on items and breakpoints gives actual goals and decision making with items.

well you could say again its “dumbed down” for casuals to understand the system^^

what the heck are you even talking about?
can u try it in english?

2 Likes

I mean, I like the idea, but if I understand your idea correctly, you could also just call it like in D2 or PoE or whatever, but the attributes apply to skills, instead of life, mana, being able to carry gear and so on, right?

For me that is exactly what a passive skilltree does, not what the idea of attributes is made for.

exactly this is what i mean
thats specializations, not basic attributes

And why can’t basic attributes be about enhancing and specializing your build? This is my problem with sticking with old systems.

You have outdated mechanics that prevent games from growing into possibly something that’s deeper and more interesting than what they currently are.

because, thats what passiv skills (talents) are made for, already xD
everything has its place in those “outdated” systems
you just have to understand them

Well it was my attempt at adding a stat system when Blizzard probably won’t add one. And I was challenged to come up with one (which I already have).

Well, there is already a system for that in D4… the passive skill tree. I mean, you can still argue, why this system would be better for attributes, instead of a passive tree.

But I personally think, modifying skills has such a great impact, that it is way easier to balance, if you implement it as a passive tree, instead of being able to have theses kind of attributes on every item.

Still it’s a cool thing and I really want the passive tree to get bigger and more interesting.

Putting aside not liking how items in D3 looked…

If your concern is not being able to tell what an item is due to a smaller inventory representation, there are two pretty simple options to be taken here. The first is to simply allow players to scale the size of the inventory to their liking and include a magnification/scroll feature after a certain point. The second is when highlighting a given item, you’re shown a blown up version in the tooltip.

I’ll otherwise stick to the Tetris not being needed. I’d almost be ashamed to think of how much time I’ve lost over the years juggling items around just to make things fit/minimize town trips. And let’s be real, if you’re ever at the point where you’re thinking about which item(s) to seriously hold onto, you are making multiple town runs.

1 Like

You guys realize that PC technology overcomes ALL THOSE problems in today’s world ?

You know… things like zoom on hover, a “see details” button, things like that (something me personally would hate the guts off of)… Perhaps even cooler way to do it is have all items “folded” and when hovered the thing unfolds and you can see them “larger” :slight_smile:

The background

Overall I DO get the “need of place for failure” (somewhat) cause that’s something that old games naturally had whilest newer games either have “flushed out” all those “irregularities” or are represented in a very minimal form, but… slow it down (at least a bit lol), “look & feel” is exactly that it is - look & feel… Pretty sure that won’t get screwed over cause the demo was relatively “archaic” by it’s own. Besides, chances are we all have 1900+x1100+ resolution monitors at this point lol

So, from what I could understand, here’s a list of requirements for a well-functional (modern) yet still “archaic” inventory in interaction:

1. Not being cartoonish, no highly-saturated colors, keep everything dimmed-out or even grey-er somewhat more often
  2. The “placeholders” in the Inventory be transparent with a very slight grey-ish tone. Same with the frame/popup of the inventory, not like open it and suddenly can’t see anything on the battlefield lol
For those that would like "an extra challenge"

Perhaps an animation of “browsing through” the inventory when the inventory is near-full, but again ONLY IF it’s almost full… Say something like more than 3/4 of it’s space full. Maybe adding stuff wouldn’t take time but the key/realistic thing here would be taking stuff out of it though :stuck_out_tongue:

1. For the sake of “environment interaction” make greater weapons take 2 slots instead of 1, as well as the chest piece… 2 handers 3 slots, or heck even some specific form of long pikes/lances (if there are such things) those would take even if need be 4
BUT the key point is

NOT A SINGLE item category takes more horizontal slots than one. Sry, picking stuff should be non-issue most of the time (unless full) tbh… Soo that means no Zulu shields, no WoW-style wide shoulders (unless they’re vertically represented lol)

1. Size is debatable but obviously everyone prefers it large/r, if that is the case perhaps make ALL clothing take 1 slot, i.e. you keep them in folded form…
Chances are everything except a heavy plated armor is gonna be a piece of Cloth or Chain mail ffs, meaning.. foldable

OR heck even make it more realistic, anything that’s a cloth piece of vastly 2-dimensional takes 1 slot, everything else that’s made of metal or any other non-zippable material, takes the 2, 3, or 4 slots

Important here though is:

While “browsing” through the inv, after a bit of delay (small one to prevent unwanted unfold but not too long to make user feel like they got lag, that’s usually around 300-350 ms… kind of)…

Still would say I’d personally “neglect” this particular topic and feel like people would probably laugh if they saw the discussion but kinda glad we got into the “extremely important” details to it, lol

If they put an auto-sort, no problems with tetris. If they won’t I prefer what they showed in the demo

Sorry man but you make people laugh with this sentence.

So you are claiming RPG is a sub-genre of Action?
nonono mate…

RPG was always a genre on its own, with additional real-combat system it turns into ARPG… and RPG is for example turn-based like pokemon or final fantasy series.

Dont believe me?

Here is the proof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_game

Do your howework please.

Making a better attribute system (assuming you meant attributes and not stats) would be fairly easy, considering D2s was garbage. It would be pretty hard not to make a better one honestly. Various people have posted attribute systems on the forum which would be vastly better than D2’s.

Making a better itemization system would be a bit harder, D2s system was above average, only major weakpoint was how overpowered All Skills was tbh. D2s version of Crit chance/dmg.
And too many uniques/sets being fairly uninteresting / lacking a niche where they could shine.

Still, I would say Grim Dawn got better itemization by a decent margin.

Really not a fan of auto-sort, especially not in the stash.
I mean, it is great as an option, but imo it messes things up as much as it solves. If I know that item X is in the upper right corner, then can find it. If sorting throws stuff around, then it just gets annoying.
At least, any good sorting mechanism should let you “lock” items to their current spot, so the sorting ignored them.

1 Like

Thinking about what you said, when put this way, I agree with your point of view. I really liked Grim Dawn inventory system, usually I do an auto-sort, so most of the stuff is adjusted then I proceed to give my last touches and put everything in order.

I just don’t want how it is in d3 or d2 because after playing 1k+ hours and with a lot of seasons going on, it just looks like a bad part of the game that I don’t have fun when I need to organise it (it is one of the reasons I don’t play non-season). At least in seasons it is mitigated but not optimal though.

I am not totally against the interaction showed in the demo. However auto-sort being an option would be ideal, so people could use it or not if they want.

1 Like

The console inventory system is completely different than the PC version.