Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

Exactly. PTR WW Rend is equal with prenerf Vyr Wiz (live version).

IMHO best solution:
Don’t nerf WW Rend Barb, don’t nerf Vyr Wiz, don’t nerf Necro and gradually buff other classes with goal GR145.

Worse solution: Retain Vyr Wiz nerf and Necro nerf and nerf equally WW Rend Barb and especially nerf bazooka too. All with goal GR141.

So he actually said almost exactly what I said few posts above.

All you them trolls asking for barb nerf. Shame on you. Get a life. I can destroy some numbers to prove you all wrong, which I did in the past. However, I have 0 trust in developers’ judgement as past experience showed me so…Trolls and baseless claims rule when it comes to barb and PTR.

Good luck to your plowing as usual.

5 Likes

ROFL hell no. There is no way rend can clear 144 in live as Vyr chantodo did.

1 Like

Should I listen to you or guy who did 140 on PTR with 300+ms ping in one day?

As EU player,i have 300ping on ptr, plus i had wrong rune on a skill. On live this is clearly 143/144 capable on open floor .

And 143/144 darkapator’s prediction (he wrote at least on live) is even without FoT (as darkpatator wrote, he had not physical FoT to test with them).
And Vyr Wiz 144 max is darkapator attempt too, ideal comparison.

WW Rend is than maybe slightly stronger than prenerf Vyr Wiz, but I have no problem that no. 1 Barb will be 1-2 GR higher than no. 1 Wiz.

I’m sure it will be painful for you if Barb surpass Wizard by 1,2 or 3 GR. Man, it will hurt… bad!

5 Likes

Not at all. But other solo sets where nerfed. So if everything stays as is difference will be higher.

I would love to play my DH with barbs in speed GR meta.

We are discussing the PTR and the magnitude of the barb buff on live server. The current barb buff is exceptionally strong. The only class with similar power (wizards) is being nerfed on the PTR.

Achilles see the posts by darkpatator he disagrees. He think 144-146.

I thought Prokahn’s greater rift efficiency research showed that wizards were OP in comparison to other classes recently.

edited post to remove no one statement

The OP literally is lol. He’s not alone either. I know you’re more talking about the players actually discussing things rationally and intelligently, just had to point that out :stuck_out_tongue: carry on.

5 Likes

“no one asking for a nerf”

Reads OP lol

5 Likes

The biggest issue here for Barbs, is that for years, the Barb community asked for buffs, without asking for anything else to be Nerfed.

Barbs finally get a buff, and all of a sudden the Wiz community wants Barbs nerfed back to the bottom of the pile, without actually making any effort to address their own issues.

11 Likes

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES.

Micro, stop using alts to peddle nonsense.

For those who don’t know, DarkKnight and GoodWillHunt are alt accounts of MicroRNA. I think I can safely speak for the Barb community when I say that Micro and his alts do not represent us, nor are they welcome.

Also a thousand times YES.

PTR is over folks.

Here’s hoping those of us who fought the good fight are heard louder than trolls. I’m consoled that, no matter what, Barbs got buffs, but I certainly hope those buffs aren’t curtailed by whiners and trolls who think “balance” is more important than fun.

12 Likes

I do not play wizard. Reasonable posters are not asking for barbs to be the “bottom of the pile”. Barbs would still be #1 next era with a 2-3 less strong buff (i.e the ability to clear 143).

How do you become an official member of the “barb community”? A blanket statement that barbs never asked for nerfs to other classes can never be right if this is a large community with heterogenous beliefs.

Case in point, I can think of several posters who main barbs and I think are considered as part of the “barb community” (who definitely asked for nerfs historically and gloated when nerfs happened).

To be honest, builds that are overpowered should be nerfed and nerfs absolutely should be asked for. If the dogma of “the barb community” is never to ask for nerfs than this is problematic itself. The gloating over nerfs is something that I could do without.

Based on one 140 clear with 10.5 K paragon?
I doubt the average Barb, especially in season is going to get anywhere near that.

If it can’t solo 150, which is the max level right?, then how can it be considered overpowered?

Thank you, you make my point for me.

You can think of a few individuals, which has nothing to do with the wishes of the general Barb community.

Glad we agree.

4 Likes

No. Based on the overwhelming historical precedence AND analysis of the person who cleared 140. See darkpatator and his posts. He explain why this build will go to 144-146. The top clears on live always exceed PTR clears by at least 3 because more people push on live.

Grift 150 has been the max. Are you trying to tell me in season 4 if one class can clear a 150 while the rest were much, much lower it would not be overpowered. Even the “barb influencer” has said that the pre-nerf wizard build is “obviously broken”.

How do you know what the “general Barb community” wants or there opinion on whether OP builds should be nerfed? As far as I can tell, the majority of people want there to be reasonably good balance so that all classes are similar in power to each other. The most frequent chorus for “no nerfs” come from the OP class. Outliers either low or high should be buffed and nerfed, respectively.

I support the barb buffs. The key question is the magnitude of the buffs. Is it ok to be #1 by 1 grift? Or do you want to be #1 by 3 grifts?

Based on the person with 10.5K…clearly not within the average.
You’re still making my point for me.

Still no one has answered the question of what is wrong with a build being capable of clearing 150 solo.

Because I can read.

Pure balance is a unicorn, it’s never going to happen, but making the classes close together is achievable.

Most outside Barbs still don’t acknowledge that Barbs are even further behind the curve due to the numbers being inflated by the wall charge exploit.

6 Likes

If there is only 1 build capable of clearing 150 and the rest were only capable of 140, then I would argue that is a problem.

Did you support the 2.6.6 barb buff proposal? In it, they asked for parity between classes. Specifically, it recommended a buff of 4.1 greater rifts for barbs. At that time, barbs were 11 grifts behinds wizards. Even if the wizard nerf was reverted, the current potential of ww/rend exceeds wizards (pre-nerf).

Check Prokahn’s analysis or simply ask your self what classes would need to be buffed/nerfed to get everyone within 5 greater rifts (e.g. 138-143).

There is no wall charging exploit in the ww/rend build that is buffed in the PTR.

But is that a problem with the one build, or a failing of the others?

Yes, and it didn’t call for a nerf to other classes

Which has absolutely nothing to do with how far behind the curve Barbs were.

5 Likes

ähm…no? we havn’t seen clears from barb that wiz didn’t already do in the past…with 2 diffenrent builds - and the maybees of 1 guy that is 10k+ paragon shouldn’t count as a fact and reason enough to nerf the build

5 Likes