Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

Waiting for you to do 140 solo on monk lol Borfet ты иногда такую хню сморозишь что прям больно читать

And who could prove he pushed DH? What about fishing? Do you really think the guy who cleared 140 is able to do it everytime he tries it? Can you prove it?

This game count on so many factors such as GR layout, mobs, elite affixes, pylon positioning, RG, luck on crit rolls, and so on, that’s it’s pointless saying what you just said.

This proves nothing, you don’t even know he has the same dedication towards one class, more than others.

If all you need to balance class is comparing one or two guys clears, then PTR is useless and Blizzard should just hire these players to do the testing, don’t you think?

7 Likes

At that time, the 2.6.6 barb buff proposal asked for a barb buff of 4.1 greater rifts to be equitable and barbs were 11 greater rifts behind wizards. The question that is being asked now is whether or not barbs will match wizards (the debate being centered on Wizards pre- and post-nerf). I do not know where barbs will finish. I am fine with them being the top build. I am fine with them being #2. Considering that they have not been above average solo DPS for years, I would be happy with either scenario.

My preference is that they are not #1 and overpowered, resulting in a subsequent nerf.

If they are #1 or #2, I will play barb in S19. I have been kicking around new names for my seasonal barb. Since I have a sense of humor, I was thinking MacroDNA or TableGuy.

Here is the original barb buff proposal quoted:
" Worldwide average for all classes is 130.8 , which means Barbarians are 4.1 tiers behind the average for other classes. Every other class, except Monk, nearly meets or exceeds this average, and while we certainly advocate for Monk buffs as well, our focus remains on Barbarians.

Our conclusion is this: Even with broken, gimmicky mechanics masking our weak damage potential, the gap between Barbarians and the average of other classes is 4.1 GR tiers. Without additional buffs, the Barbarian class will continue to be the weakest class in Diablo III."

4 Likes

This thread is really exploring new grounds in terms of idiocy. I couldn’t help but laugh with the details of the OP’s account. A P7500 player crying like a child not because they broke his toy but because someone else might finally get an equally nice toy. A player who plays the most broken, macro-based build in the game that gets its power from obscure interactions between channeling, archon transformation and precise timing has the audacity to suggest that a class he is not playing, which does not affect him in any way, should be nerfed to the ground. Why? Are you bored to find WW gear? Did you only get to bot for two seasons with your Chantodo? Poor guy…

On the other hand, why we who play wizard are indiscriminately identified as enemy of the people by some in the barbarian community? I enjoy the class, as I enjoy almost every class except necro and monk. I was not happy to see a nerf in Chantodo (although 3.5 gr and Squirt fix at the same time works out quite better than I anticipated) but I’m really happy to see Barb get stronger. And that’s what I’ll play next season. If DH gets a fun build S20, I’ll switch to that. It’s a f game try to enjoy it some time.

17 Likes

Post like these fuels rivaries?? I mean i main monk, and plays all classes. Well no WD anymore. But i will not post and cry for nerfs to a particular build because its a WD build for example.

Exactly. Relax and have fun. If blizzard fks you up, you can stop supporting them. No big deal. Don’t ruin stuff for other players. Especially on a class you have 0 knowledge on.

8 Likes

Are you talking about the guy with 10,500 paragon, godly gear, that is skilled enough to be top of the current PTR leaderboards with 5 of 7 classes? This is who you want to balance around? Did you think that through at all?

7 Likes

no gr 140 is pretty much it max 1 more but he had the almost perfect rift and gear + paragon at its best so no no more potential.
compare a barb clear with a dh clear even on the same person is just stupid, there are classes that you are so much better with and also invest mch more effort in
barb deserves a little bit of time in the sun, ww/rend now is not stronger than the prenerfed chantodos or thorns necro and live starpact (but is easier to play i give you that)

4 Likes

Nice find, that really tells the whole story about hard done by, not so EasyFrank, doesn’t it. A high Paragon Toxic Troll at heart. :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Nice find, really says it all.

1 Like

Well only if you call 5 primals, rest ancient and pretty nicely rolled, 9x 130 augment and all gems 150 nice…well I would XD…oh and 9k+ paragon…that certainly helps.

Why you think it is ‘equal’? With these new buffs barb can do t16, bounties, speed meta, GR pushing all with just 1 set ! easy to gear. It doesn’t even require farming for ancients (LoD build). Vyrchantodo was not optimal for t16 and bounties because it needed stacks. No way it is ‘equal’ when other classes need to farm hard for LoD builds or have another builds for bounties / t16.
Too much for nothing.

When has it ever been equal?

3 Likes

Don’t you get it? It’s ok not being equal IF Wizard is ahead in the clears.

9 Likes

More people will be pushing Barb on PTR than Wizard so it should get higher as more fishing will be done. But lets do some comparing.
Number 1 Barb has 10,5k Paragon and GR 140
Number 2 Barb has 9k paragon and GR 138
Number 1 Wizard (Meteor) has 7k Paragon and GR 137
Number 2 Wizard (Vyr/Chantodo) has 4,5k Paragon and GR 135

All have good gear but the Number 2 Wizard had the lesser gear and by far the least Paragon (much more important).
So difference between the number 2’s might be 3 GR but also 22500 main stat from paragon alone.
If you make take a full Primal build with all items 150 augment (neither had so the difference between them would be slightly higher than here) at 4652 and then up it to 9224 the damage increases with approx 60% and the toughness with approx 50%.
Monster health increasing 17% per GR and damage increasing 2.3% per GR level, this means you need 51% more damage (technically less but this is easier) and 6.9% more toughness.
Thus the increase in damage and toughness of the Paragon levels alone is more than what is needed to increase the 3 GR levels, in fact while the damage is already more than needed you could increase it even more by rolling off some toughness as your increase therein 7 times what is needed.

So numbers would suggest that if the Wizard and Barbarian would be equal level the Wizard should be able to match the Barbarians progress and even surpass it, as the wizard did not roll for damage on all items (rolling of Int for armor and even using a Strength based ring with Strength Augment because more toughness was needed), because the increased stats from the level difference equal more then only 3 GR levels.

I don’t think the Whirlwind set is overpowered in comparison to Vyr/Chantodo and that isn’t even the strongest Wizard build.
So nerfing it would make no sense unless both Wizard builds are nerfed aswell.
Ofcourse we could ask the PTR Number 1 Barb to try and push a Wizard Vyr/Chantodo on PTR, he has the gear for it ready…he is the Number 1 Wizard on normal in EU with a Vyr/Chantodo 144 GR (in 12m35s btw so he might even get higher on normal if he wants).
Jup Paragon for the win.

6 Likes

That seems to be the only argument they have…funny that

3 Likes

There is some misinformation in this thread.

1. Comparison should be restricted to the normal/non-season leaderboards to not introduce confounders cause by the seasonal kill streak buff.

2. The PTR leaderboards have limitations and were NOT reset after last PTR. This makes the wizard leaderboard particularly useless as the top clears were from the last PTR and not the current.

3. The current barb solo era leaderboard should be more fairly compared to the live era leaderboards.

4. The question of relative power between classes is not based on a single person, but a more comprehensive analysis of the leaderboard.

5. The top PTR barb has godly gear but it is not perfect. For example, his shoulders are not Ancient and as such is missing >750 main stat of potential augments. At his paragon level, the extra benefit of this is rather modest.

P.S. I do not main a wizard or barb. Recently I have been playing mainly demon hunter and necromancer.

1 Like

Mostly Wizards throwing their toys out of the cot, because they might not be #1 next season.

4 Likes

It’s like I said before: we are in 2019 already, this game is almost 8 years old, we see threads like these “nerf barb, pls they’re opie OP” since Thrive on Chaos reduced 1 sec WotB cooldown by spenting 30 fury.

By the time barb got nerfed to the ground and wizard and DH got the upper hand (remember this game once was called Demon Hunter 3?) the forums got this strange silence from the bois, who only show their troll faces on PTRs where Barbarian gets some rework.

If the Devs are wise they won’t fall for it this time

5 Likes

Saw this posted in another thread and has relevance to the discussion here about what the max potential of the ww/rend build by darkpatator. If I have done my math right, he think ww/rend can do 144-146 with flavor of time, the correct runes, and good pylon.

1 Like

Don’t nerf Barb or Vry Wiz, seriously who cares If someone solo Gr150. Group play is another story, we need more class such Boozaka doing GR150.

3 Likes