Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

In conclusion you are a troll and not to be taken seriously. You really want to nerf a class in a 1 week test based on a player with 10k paragon and perfect gear? I hope the devs knows better

4 Likes

I am not sue if barbs will be OP if thie buffs go live and the nerfs to necromancer and wizards go live, too.

I think the issue is more complicated than a single player doing 140 on the PTR.

Here me out, but first I want to ask two questions:

Do you agree with the 2 following statements.

1. The number of high quality/competitive players pushing the top end of the barb solo leaderboard on the PTR is less than the number pushing on the current live era in the America region.

2. A solo clear of 131 in non-season is a top end clear for all classes (except wizards) in the America region.

Number one on the leaderboard with all/most classes? Yeah, this guy represents an average player completely, lets balance around him. Also while youā€™re at it, can you balance my rent according to Jeff Bezosā€™ paycheck too? That only makes sense.

8 Likes

Pretty impressed by the amount of ā€œnerf barbsā€ threads on this PTR forum. I donā€™t recall seeing something like that the last 2 PTR about Vyr Chantodo that was clearly as OP as current Rend Barb if not more.

No wonder barb was a trash class for 3 years ; as soon as it gets playable, an army of outraged nerf barb trolls scream for nerfs on multiple threads.

Pathetic.

8 Likes

This is laughably wrong. NO ONE pushes barbs other than the die-hards. Thereā€™s a reason I could break the top 150 with a 108 wastes clear.

4 Likes

Anytime you read a post by the OP realize this is the reason why he says something: https://imgur.com/a/Ge3RrZ4

It isnā€™t about making the game better. It isnā€™t about improving other classes. It isnā€™t even about improving 2/3/4 man play. It is all about him and that he may not be top of the heap anymore. The lower pie chart is from a year ago and can see it was 89% Wiz bias, he expanded into DH. Youā€™ll notice what class is missing.

3 Likes

What kind of fool starts a post about one player, and his accomplishments.
No sets or items should be adjusted to the top few percent.
Since 99% of people donā€™t have the paragon or gear,
why donā€™t we actually adjust according to them.
Problem is Blizzard does at times listen to these kinds of posts,
and are concerned if someone does well on the PTR.
Ridiculous to base anything in game, or in real life,
on a few people at the top.
Personally, if they do listen to this troll, I wonā€™t even bother
playing the season at all.

3 Likes

Ppl did 90 in 7min with IK rend (2.6.5) We have video proof. Base on your calculation, they should do 150 7min.

I am glad you finally begin to provide numbers. I point out some issue here.

1. Currently, All rend build is IK which has 41 multiplier. In your calculation, it assume no IK 6pc buff. Also it require no cd at all.

2. Rend has no AD. (AD is usually > *5 multiplier in high density).

3. IK rend has much larger radius than ambo rend. IK rend attack all mobs in a 2 screen distance. (I donā€™t even consider this)
    Ambo rend radius = 9. Check the test result in barb forum.

Log 200 / log 1.17 = 33.7.

So final answer should be 53.6 - 33.7 - ?(attacking area difference) <20 level.

1 Like

You may want to cross reference the top of the barb PTR leaderboard versus current live leaderboards (America/EU/Asia) and see how many names you recognize and/or are common to both.

If you think no one pushes barbs, what class besides wizards do you think that people push solo most in the current era in the America region? DHs? Necros? Witch doctors? I can use any class for my example. You pick.

People are on this ā€œnerf barb trainā€ since 2012. Itā€™s just class dispute. Wizard and DH players are among the saltiest people you may ever encounter in these forums, save some exceptions.

@Free says I should calm down and try reasoning with trolls, but (un) fortunately I do not speak cavemen language.

2 Likes

Itā€™s in the same spirit as a nerf to Chantados. I could ask the same question, so what if Chantados Vyrs cleraed a 144?

As chantados was presumed to be OP by the devs, it should be the same case for WW/Rend Barbs, which is actually performing way over every other class in PTR GR clears.

I am actually not complaining, If it goes live as it is Iā€™ll be playing Barb next season, So will every one else and their dogs. Itā€™ll just be a repeat of whats been happening on Wiz leaderboards with peeps complaining about how their GR125 clear is not good enough to get on the leaderboards.

1 Like

Lets see, EasyFrank#2909 from EU:

Paragon 7492 with max 130 gems. 10 wizard with solo star pact + almost full primal vyr chantodos bot spec on. Profile has no Barbs or monks. Necro has outdated pest lancer.

What do you know aobut barbs? Sour thread from wizard communities. How the hell do you get 7.4k paragon with only 130 max gems/augments with no meta class build or rat builds?

Its common to bot 118 for 3 T + xp on chantodos. That explains how most 7k+ accounts filled with 150 gems and augments yet this bot only accout that doesnt not physically play only limited on low 130 gems. This is a backup account most likely for 10k + wizard mains.

Case closed

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/WSiH5b9

15 Likes

Mic dropā€¦ yeah sour grapes from ole mate EzeeF.

1 Like

Really says it all right there.

3 Likes

Correct, wizards are overpowered compared to the other classes and being nerfed. Barbs will be top 2 (not sure who will be ahead between wizards and barbs if PTR goes live). I can use the other 5 classes as a benchmark for not overpowered.

1 Like

With your logic and number, looks like Chantodo needs a bigger nerf to bring it in line as well. Current nerf as reported by experienced players is about 3.5 GRā€™s. It needs at least another nerf for 3.5 GR levels.

Simplest way to do it would be either by:

• Half the maximum stacks, from 20 to 10. Actually this is somewhat of a buff in disguise, as you can now stack up to 10 stacks quicker than 20 and therefore enter Archon quicker.
  • Or reduce the Chantodo set damage to 2000% per stack.
3 Likes

I feel like bringing Lamentation from 200% to 100% is probably all thatā€™s needed. The build will still be strong and the changeā€™s effects are easy to calculate and easy to implement without breaking the new barb builds. Everybody wants to see the barb buffed. This is a huge buff for barbs, I think we all want to keep it that way without the buff being too OP. The barb community seems to think that everybody that thinks the buffs are too strong has a personal vendetta against the class ā€¦ Which I donā€™t think is the case for most people. I just donā€™t think that any other classes other than wiz vrytodos can just put their set on and go slam a 110 gr with <800 paragon. If the changes in ptr for barb get implemented then I think itā€™ll be op, but if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll probably still give it a whirl as I still think itā€™s less broken than vrytodos was/is since you still have to pick between high damage and less survivability and more survivability with less damage In either case it should be a good paragon farmer whether or not the buff is brought down a bit or not.

1 Like

I really dunno why they havenā€™t invited you people to be a developer yet.

6 Likes

You are asking for too much I think? Logic what is that? No logic can explain new Monks set.

Same guy who did 140 on PTR did only 134 with DH on live servers. DH set is way harder to use. He could go higher with Rend WW if it hits live servers in its current form. I think he will be able to do at least 144. That would be too much difference, compared to the best DH solo push build. Especially when we know that Rend WW can be used for everything in game while the best DH solo push build is used only by few exclusively for pushing.

2 Likes