Please give legacy mode better resolution and wide screen support

Why so aggressive lol, they already have mods in Path of Diablo 2 that allow 16:9 native for classic D2, I don’t understand why they couldn’t add this to A REMASTERED VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL GAME.

I know many people who would like the option to play with legacy option every now and then on top of new remastered 3D, so why deny that…?

If fans can achieve this, I doubt It would be a big problem for blizzard to add this 16:9 resolution to the legacy toggle as an option.

5 Likes

The hole Sense of the Legacy Mode is that you can switch to the Legacy root of d2r which is the latest version of d2 lod which is in 4:3. Changing ANYTHING in legacy Mode just don‘t make any sense at all.

1 Like

It makes perfect sense for people who like the retro graphics and would love to play with them, but don’t want the disadvantage that comes with 4:3 compared to 16:9 :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Judging by what I’ve seen on alpha streams, this legacy mode is added just as a self-pat on the back from them, to demonstrate their work on a the contrast. As this “legacy mode” looks worse than the original game and feels like it’s 15 fps. So I doubt they’ll add any improvements to it, sadly.

1 Like

Yeah I have a feeling as well, but If there are requests to do so… why wouldn’t they… It’s minimal work required… the game already exists

1 Like

Relax, it’s not a big deal. I don’t know why you’re so angry about the idea of people wanting to enjoy legacy mode in a remaster that’s going to have 99% of Diablo 2 players. I like the old graphics and art style and would like to play the game with it, obviously that’s not going to be a great option if I’m going to be disadvantaged in the process.

I swear some of you guys don’t think before posting, people like you really shouldn’t post if you have anger issues and can’t have a reasonable discussion.

3 Likes

Please bring 16:9 native support to legacy mode and unlimited fps toggle.
16:9 has been made for Path of Diablo mod by fans and unlimited fps can be achieved by using glider even In the original Diablo 2. There would be minimal work from blizzard to implement these toggle-able changes to D2R.
(for those really fanatic legacy users who would wish to use 800x600 etc would still be able to do so as 16:9 would be just a resolution option on top of the originals)

At least have these as an option for those who would like to play with legacy graphics or switch to them every now and then.

There Is literally no negative side effects to ANYONE about having these changes.
16:9 Is required for those players who would prefer to play with old graphics without having a disadvantage of not seeing as far as the remastered version (this Is huge disadvantage in PvP for example).

To the people complaining that we are finally getting the game to a 4K resolution with beautiful 3D graphics. I completely agree and will be using them of course, BUT
I still want the option to switch back to legacy graphics without being in a disadvantage.

I personally have been playing this game on/off since the release date and as many other users love the original graphics as well.

Lastly here Is a video of the 16:9 native resolution being implemented In to Path of Diablo mod:

3 Likes

Legacy mode should be exactly the same as in the original game. But its not like that now. The technical alpha shows it with black bars. Hopefully, when they implement full screen mode, this bug will be fixed too.

Well It’s not exactly a bug, original 800x600 is a 4:3 resolution which will always have black bars.

This Is the reason why legacy mode needs 16:9 support.

5 Likes

But in the original, the game shows a picture without black bars. Perhaps she cuts it off at the top and bottom. I like this version (which I am playing now) more than the one presented in the alpha.

Its called legacy mode for a reason…why not play in new graphics?

1 Like

I will, but I would like the option to play with old graphics too Is that too much to ask? Right now you really can’t play competitively with It with 4:3 (no widescreen support)

1 Like

I’ve said this before. For balance reasons its not that we should go widescreen in legacy, rather 4:3 on remaster.

How to fill the black bars? I don’t know.

1 Like

Well that’s too late now, the game is already done in 16:9 (and I disagree, 4:3 should be forgotten already, It’s not like we use CRT monitors anymore).

16:9 Is the way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree on this also.

3 Likes

Umm Legacy mode do not touch it leave it the 800x600 it always has been , but they could give a non purist mode where it can have legacy graphics with higher resolution, heck call it my pc is a potato mode and cant play with the new graphics …

Lol if you want to play it in its classic form, go play it right now. It’s still available to play, they aren’t touching that.

Nobody is going to play legacy mode if it’s 800 x 600, you will be at a huge disadvtange. Nobody is saying they need to get rid of the 800 x 600 option, just offer the same option as the new graphical overlay so the game is on an even playing field. I could care less about resolution, I Just want legacy mode to be playable and equal.

2 Likes

I would if they did a scaled 800x600 borderless full screen mode , I sill play on bnet with 800x600 so really not much different , I just don’t want to have to worry about alt tab crashing the compositor.