Personal Loot Pros/Cons

I was generally interested in thoughts on the idea. You should find something better to do.

Maybe people have been talking about it a lot. I just got here today and won’t be reading the entire forum before I make a post.

That sounds like a sound approach to any social situation.

Well his name is slacker :smiley:

To be fair, would you want to trawl all these posts about personal loot? It would take hours and its probably very repetitive.

Really the people doing the remaster should just make a decision, sticky a post at the top and end the debate.

-That’d be nice :+1:

Its an example relevant to the discussion.

I suggest 4 threads to you. Each is similar in that they will discuss the pros and cons of personal loot or making it an optional selection.

Stop Asking For Personal Loot - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

D2R: Personal Loot is a MUST for this game! - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Why Personal Loot, Item Filters, and Charm Inventory will ruin Diablo 2 - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Comment in Favor of Instancing loot and Removing Stamina Bar - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Your political views aren’t relative to this discussion at all, actually.

I don’t agree with most of your posted opinions on game changes but I must underline that this type of contribution in a forum on both spectrums of a question, is something that I deeply respect.

2 Likes

^ Read through the links that MicroRNA posted.

There is also

Personal vs FFA Loot in D2

Shared Drops ARE D2

and about a dozen more.

5 Likes

Thanks for compiling this list.

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I am not some evil villain, irrespective of what some might say. I just want options to placate both sides on this clearly divisive issue where valid, compelling arguments can be made to support both viewpoints.

3 Likes

It is almost comical how much hate you’ve gotten, called a troll and threatened with flagging etc. for simply stating your opinion on game mechanics.

Especially since those game mechanics do not have effects on the game at large, and every player would be given a choice on which game mode to play under.

Granted, I am one of these players who believe if we can have an autopick-free game, I don’t necessarily want both game choices…but, I think the idea is still a respectable one, even if I disagree with it.

2 Likes

The more civil discussions are better.

1 Like

Never referenced my personal views… Stay on topic please

The idea that ad nauseam arguments are used in “classic left propaganda”
is a political view, brought up by none other than you.

how is this not you bringing up your personal views?

And agreed, stay on topic, no one should be discussing political views here.

1 Like

Easy there. I disagree heavily with this but lets not reiterate everything already said in the previously linked 6 threads. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. I think we need to get to alpha testing, everyone’s getting restless going over the same thing in every thread :smile:

1 Like

This isn’t what happened, at all, to any measure. You’ve demonstrated your worldly ignorance enough, and I will not engage your emotional immaturity again.

Please learn to grow as a person. It will benefit us all.

I strongly suspect alpha testing won’t end the debate. Most of us who pre-ordered D2R likely played D2 for hundreds of hours (if not way more), so we have already experienced the game. The alpha will not be a revelation.

I see no pros to this. I’ve missed picking up amazing gear and it’s made me the man I am today.
The question is, do you want to be a man too?

2 Likes